Fell off the wagon need support

Options
I am looking at trying to lose 100lbs but am having trouble finding motivation at home. I was going great until I hit a plateau
I ended up gaining more weight
Any advice to help keep my on track would be great

Replies

• River314
    River314 Posts: 66 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You can add me as a friend here on MFP. I also have 100+ lbs to lose, and at times, I eat too many calories. I don't call it falling off the wagon. That puts a negative tone in my head, which poisons me. I simply tell myself I'm human, and there's always the next day to get back in the right frame of mind.

A few hours ago I wasn't feeling well. My stomach was queasy. I thought I'd eat light at Taco Bueno, since that's what my husband wanted. I had just gotten off work and didn't want to cook. I got my usual Mexi Dips and Chips combo. I always give the chalupa away, and typically don't eat the nacho cheese. Gave that away too. Instead of the chalupa, I ate a black bean burrito before digging in to my chips. Since I did that, I didn't finish my chips. Unfortunately, I didn't find the nutrition info the way I needed, so I put an entry in my log that seemed close. Light wasn't so light after entering in my dinner. But I was ok with that. I ate lighter earlier this week, and I don't think it's going to be a huge gain. We'll see on weigh day.

The simple task of tracking my food helps a lot. I have my food diary set to friends can see. Helps keep me accountable. I try to eat foods high in protein and fiber to keep me fuller longer. I don't restrict myself when there's something I want to eat. The other day someone had chocolate birthday cake at work and was handing out slices. I told her a tiny piece would be ok. She came back with a slice the size of one bite. That was a perfect size piece for me, and I got chocolate!

Don't lose faith in yourself. You are stronger than you realize. You can do this!
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have over 100 pounds to lose. I was at goal but due to medical problems and lack of motivation, I now weigh more than I ever have! Self motivation is SUPER HARD! For me, being on here and getting support from my friends have helped a great deal. I've also learned a lot over the years. Tracking is ESSENTIAL! And setting small goals help our mindset. So, instead of putting into MFP your goal weight of 100 pounds less, maybe put it in at 25 or 50 pounds less and start there. Then once that goal is met, make the next one! Striving for the whole thing can be very overwhelming. Don't try to lose more than 1 or 2 lbs a week. It's best to stay at 1 to start until you're more confident. Then in a couple weeks, change it to 2. Attitude...tell yourself you can do this...because YOU CAN!! Remember, you can eat ANYTHING! You just have to fit it your daily food plan! The portion size may be smaller but you can still have it! If you want the whole thing...you just have to "work" for it by exercising. Make sure you plan some of your favorite foods and eat all your allotted calories to start. This way you won't feel deprived. Don't over exercise right now. Concentrate on your eating. You don't have to "keep up" with everyone else. Start slow. You can always add exercise in later. Just try to get a few more steps in your day. Park further from the door. Take the stairs instead of the elevator if it's only a floor or two. Swim. Dance. Don't be so hard on yourself. This is a journey. You are going to be learning many things about yourself and your eating habits/patterns (hopefully). I feel the reason I didn't keep my weight off was a combination of self motivation and placing more importance on the scale than on living a healthy lifestyle. And I think the lack of self motivation came from me putting too much emphasis on the scale. So...keep in mind you are doing this so you can live a healthy lifestyle and keep the weight off. That's number 1. If you do that, you'll see the rewards on the scale! AND we'll be here for motivation and support!! So you see? YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Now, you have to believe it!!! Feel free to send me a message or add me as a friend if you want!
  • lizzyluvs_life
    lizzyluvs_life Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Add me hun. I have about 60 that I want to lose and am always looking for friends. Sometimes just surrounding yourself around the right people is enough to get me going. I found now that I started adding friends I'm tracking better and motivated to workout more
  • mean_jeannie
    mean_jeannie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have found myself in a similar rut. I hope to get my motivation back by preplanning and logging my meals first thing in the morning, or even the night before, so there is no question about what I'm eating. I already meal plan so hopefully this strategy keeps me within my goal everyday. Like I didn't log at all today and I'm sitting here thinking, "wow, I ate what today?"

Maybe that is something that could help you too. Do you meal plan?

Feel free to add me too.
  • MissNicolioli
    MissNicolioli Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I have been really not sticking to my limit this last week or so too. I am still working out the way I was, and enjoy it, but my free time is nothing but eating. I just love food and can't seem to keep my calories in check. If anyone wants to add me, I love friends who inspire!