Loooong way to go....I will get there!

hi all. Just heard about this board from a guy at the gym where I go 3 times a week. I am easily 150 -180 pounds OVERWEIGHT. Ha. you should have seen some of the guys faces when I walked into the gym first day. But. I used to be quite an athelete in my youth, and alot of those old work hard ways just kicked in.
I am a missionary in SE Asia, 50, female, married to a gorgeous hunk for 20 years who loves EVERY inch of me, have one son, age 16. I am doing this for my future. I miss who I was when i was fit. I want my life back and I want to be able to climb any mountain the Lord puts in my path. I want to do a good job for Him. I have so much left to do!!!

I am very excited to join this board....looking forward to getting to know you guys.

By the way, I have a great young man who has agreed to be my 'trainier' and is making me report to hm face to face weekly. I have lost 8 pound in the past 3 weeks. Not bad. Could be better.

Replies

• deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    hi all. Just heard about this board from a guy at the gym where I go 3 times a week. I am easily 150 -180 pounds OVERWEIGHT. Ha. you should have seen some of the guys faces when I walked into the gym first day. But. I used to be quite an athelete in my youth, and alot of those old work hard ways just kicked in.
    I am a missionary in SE Asia, 50, female, married to a gorgeous hunk for 20 years who loves EVERY inch of me, have one son, age 16. I am doing this for my future. I miss who I was when i was fit. I want my life back and I want to be able to climb any mountain the Lord puts in my path. I want to do a good job for Him. I have so much left to do!!!

I am very excited to join this board....looking forward to getting to know you guys.

By the way, I have a great young man who has agreed to be my 'trainier' and is making me report to hm face to face weekly. I have lost 8 pound in the past 3 weeks. Not bad. Could be better.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Glad to have you here Deb. Stay motivated it makes all the difference. You sound like you are set up to make it happen all you have to do is believe in yourself.

Welcome and we hope to hear all about your progress.

Eve
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks Eve. I am sure you can imagine I have tried many many times before....once I took off 91 pounds in 18 months. Moved country and house and lost income as well as foods I was used to using to help me and gained it all back in 6 months. That was over 10 years ago.. Since then I have yo yo'd 20 pounds. But this is the heaviest I have ever been and it is affecting my joy and my quality of life.

I really do need all the encouragement I can get...even with all the support I have at home. It is very easy for me to become unfocussed.
  • fitness4k
    fitness4k Posts: 11 Member
    I am sure that it helps that you were an athelete in previous years. You probably have a better understanding of what works with regard to your fitness regime. I like the way you ended your topic. Yes...you will get there!!!!!! Congratulations on the 8 pounds thus far.