07/01- 4.28km
    07/02- 5.01km
    07/03- Rest/Weights Day
    07/04- 5.48km
    07/05- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/06- Forced Rest Day (Husband OOT)
    07/07- 6.13km
    07/08- 6.13km

Made good time today for the 6k (30:39), it was hot as hell though. I was all the melting ice cream cones haha! Had a weird seizing thing in my hands (assuming decreased blood flow) from about the 4.5k mark on which was annoying :/

exercise.png
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    I had a feeling that the Google Fit GPS was being generous with the mileage, so I tried using Strava again for my run today. Boy, was I right. There was a difference of a half mile between the two apps. Which means I probably didn't actually do four miles on the 4th, but whatever.

Today, using the more accurate GPS, I was only able to eke out 3.2 miles, and it was a struggle. I want to say that eating at a deficit is really affecting my ability to run. I get to a point, about 2.5-3 miles, and I just run out of gas completely. If I were eating more, I could probably go farther. But I'm trying to lose weight so I have to eat at a deficit. Maybe I should eat back more exercise calories.

exercise.png
  • RespectTheKitty
    Damnit, now I have Flock of Seagulls stuck in my head.....
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    Damnit, now I have Flock of Seagulls stuck in my head.....

You're welcome. :D
  • ceciliaslater
    ceciliaslater Posts: 457 Member
    I had a feeling that the Google Fit GPS was being generous with the mileage, so I tried using Strava again for my run today. Boy, was I right. There was a difference of a half mile between the two apps. Which means I probably didn't actually do four miles on the 4th, but whatever.

Today, using the more accurate GPS, I was only able to eke out 3.2 miles, and it was a struggle. I want to say that eating at a deficit is really affecting my ability to run. I get to a point, about 2.5-3 miles, and I just run out of gas completely. If I were eating more, I could probably go farther. But I'm trying to lose weight so I have to eat at a deficit. Maybe I should eat back more exercise calories.

exercise.png

There is always a point in my run where I struggle immensely. Usually between miles 1 and 2. If I can force myself past that point, I can just cruise and be fine. Have you tried pushing post the 3 mile mark yet? You may find it gets easier if you can just push through.
  • RespectTheKitty

There is always a point in my run where I struggle immensely. Usually between miles 1 and 2. If I can force myself past that point, I can just cruise and be fine. Have you tried pushing post the 3 mile mark yet? You may find it gets easier if you can just push through.

I have considered that. I thought to myself just today, I might just be hitting the proverbial Wall early and need to try to power through it. I think I might do that on my next run.

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member

exercise.png

So true! I remember the first time I ran 3 and then 4 and 5. I quickly realized the first 3 is just a warmup and you get into a groove after that and next thing I knew I was at 10k!
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member

exercise.png

So true! I remember the first time I ran 3 and then 4 and 5. I quickly realized the first 3 is just a warmup and you get into a groove after that and next thing I knew I was at 10k!

I think for me it's the proportion of time for each mile compared to the time for the whole run. When you've been running 12 minutes (because this is me...) and you've only gone a mile, 12 minutes feels like for. ever. But when you've been running for 48 minutes and you only have 12 to go, well...easy peasy almost done! Which is why at the end of my half I was telling myself, "oh, just another 5K to go! That's nothing...Tuesday morning short run!"
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    @5beautifuldays Early on I would always think in percentages.... 20% done or 33% or 50%.... Then once I'm to the last mile or two I'll start thinking minutes left.

Just in the past week I had a tough run where I was really miserable but I kept pushing and that fourth mile was a breeze compared to the first 3.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    ereck44 wrote: »
    July running challenge: goal is 60 miles.

7/5...4 miles
    7/7...3.66 miles (rolling hills program on the treadmill)--11:06 pace.

Plan is for long run today....going to push it to 10 miles and plan to stay at 10 miles for the rest of the month on long run days. My gluts and hamstrings are sore...so will take it easier today.

7/8----10 miles. Worked hard at slowing my pace, and didn't get "leg weary" until mile 9. My head keeps telling me to quit after mile 7. I feel pretty good until mile 7 and then my head starts sending those messages. It was pretty hot (82 degrees) but intermittent cool breezes...so not that bad. I saturate my clothes, always. I thought that I sweat more running on the treadmill but not so sure now.

Will try to catch up on posts during the weekend. Will be spending the next 3 nights at work.

17.66 miles for the week.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    @skippygirlsmom :D Howling with laughter after reading the packing that Skip was doing. Can definitely tell her priorities.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member

@RespectTheKitty what percentage of exercise calories are you eating back, and how are you calculating them?
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member

exercise.png

@RespectTheKitty I am almost always running on a calorie deficit to lose weight (I started with a LOT to lose). It can be hard but here is what I do:

Don't eat back walking or other exercise calories but do eat back about 1/3 of running calories (100-200 for me).
    Decide before you go your realistic miles and plan your route so you are obviously running in the direction of home at the tough bit ("just keep going, need to get home anyway may as well run, walking will take longer" I tell myself)
    Finally keep doing the jogging motion but go as slow as you need to and a second wind will come.

I am very very far from being an expert but thought I'd share in case it's helpful. I am going to stop procrastinating and do my Saturday run now :wink:
  • AdrianChr92
    AdrianChr92 Posts: 567 Member
    Date.....Distance..Avg hr/Pace/km
    July 1 - 7.7 km - 148/6:09
    July 2 - 5.8 km - 147/6:56
    July 3 - 11.6km - 151/6:22
    July 4 - rest
    July 5 - 7.0 km - 149/6:34
    July 6 - 6.5 km - 147/6:32
    July 7 - 4.4 km - 139/7:00
    July 8 - 5.7 km - ???/7:00
    July 9 - 6.0 km - 130/8:30

exercise.png

03/04: Bucharest 10k and Family run 48:28
    16/04: Color Run Bucharest
    17/04: Forest Run 5k 22:05
    04/06: Happy Run 5k 21:57
    22/07: Bucharest After9Cross 9.5k
    28/08: Fox Trail Half Marathon (10k)
    18/09: Baneasa Trail Run (10k)
    09/10: Bucharest International Marathon (Half)
  • Amandajs232
    Amandajs232 Posts: 194 Member
    July
    2Jul - 8k
    3Jul - 6k
    5Jul - 6k
    7Jul - 7k
    9Jul - 10k

37.3/100

exercise.png