Perimenopause ladies: do you gain weight around when your period was scheduled?

It is my normal time of month, but alas I am four days late and waiting. I do, however, have the weight gain and have been clinging to it for the past several days. Is this normal? Thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Yup. I sure did. I'd gain it when the period was supposed to come, and it would stay until after it came and left, no matter when that was.
  • JohnandCatherinesmom
    JohnandCatherinesmom Posts: 10 Member
    Yes, but I think it is water weight! I can and have gained up to 10lbs in three days then drop it two days later! The joy of being a woman!
  • yasef13
    yasef13 Posts: 63 Member
    Yup, AND midcycle!!! :s
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    I'm several years into menopause, and I STILL get chocolate cravings at "that time of the month".
  • Angelagalenorris
    Angelagalenorris Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 37 and believe I am perimenopausal. I need to loose weight and struggle with staying focused. Also I am on antidepressants.
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm 44. But i have no idea, when do you know you're perimenopausal? x
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm on antidepressants too by the way
  • madeirameg
    madeirameg Posts: 1 Member

Hot flashes, irregular cycles, increased PMS symptoms...those are when I knew
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Perimenopause ladies: do you gain weight around when your period was scheduled?

No ... I used to gain weight before my periods, but the further I go into perimenopause, the less of an issue this is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member

There isn't much out there, but this is one of the best descriptions of the phases of perimenopause I've read:

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/could-i-be-perimenopause

I'm in phase C now.

Oh, and I knew for sure I was in perimenopause when I developed a large polyp in my uterus in early 2014 which had me bleeding 3 weeks out of every 4. I figured it was just perimenopause, so I put up with it for a year. Finally got frustrated with it and went to the Dr who rushed me into an ultrasound ... got the results and I was rushed into a special appointment with the gynecologist on Dec 23, 2014 ... and I was into surgery in early January.

The gynecologist told me that the presence of a polyp was a sign that I was in perimenopause ... and that when they were in there removing it and having a look around, there was evidence I was in perimenopause ... and that I should be finished with it all in about 3 years ...and that I also showed the early signs of cancer. I have to be checked every six months. So far so good. :)

As for that 3 year prediction, I'm halfway through and no sign of things ending yet, so it may have been a bit optimistic.