Opinions on different sneaker brands for cardio workouts??

2»

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Nike heavy for treadmill work? Funny, I've run in Nike for years. Go shopping and try on various lightweight shoes of various brands and see what fits.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    I took the test on www.brooks.com and bought the Brooks shoe that was recommended.

I despise any athletic shoe because I think they make my feet look ugly. I only wore Keds (least offensive to me) until I started walking a lot. It nearly killed me to spend $125 on shoes I find unflattering. However, I am now on my 2nd pair and eyeing a 3rd. My feet have never felt better. I was such a jerk about it for so long!

I recommend Brooks even though I don't have anything to compare them to. My husband likes his though. He was a Nike guy before Brooks.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2016
    I personally use New Balance for my summer shoes and Brooks for my winter running, But you should go to a reputable shoe store (running store) explain your needs and they will properly fit you. There costs are the same as any big box store or very close. I also use my New Balance for the treadmill and indoor cardio equipment. New balance 860 Women version

http://www.newbalance.com/women/shoes/running-1/
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    I have Asics, Brooks, Adidas and New Balance. Just got the Gel Nimbus Asics last night and basically they are like pillows tied to your feet. Going to test them tomorrow morning.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I need fast walking shoes that won't slip on cobble stones that are worn down and slick and uneven. So I guess they need to be non slip and supportive. Also light weight as its never really cold here. Waterproof would be good too.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I have Asics, Brooks, Adidas and New Balance. Just got the Gel Nimbus Asics last night and basically they are like pillows tied to your feet. Going to test them tomorrow morning.
    Be sure to let us know how it goes.
  • Zerbiak
    Zerbiak Posts: 23 Member
    All the previous responses have been great but I highly recommend you go for a full assessment and get the RIGHT shoes for your feet first time. As your fitness progresses the demands you place on your legs and body will increase and thus with the wrong shoes raise the potential for later injuries and unnecessary pain. I am saying this from experience and wish someone had told me a long time ago to do it right, I would have saved myself a lot of pain (current) and money on various pairs of shoes
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    I love Asics. They feel like little clouds on my disabled by plantur fasciitis, heel spurs, and fallen arches feet. Get the shoe that feels more comfortable and supportive for exercise. I'n not sure that Sketchers with their rolling soles are good for you feet, so I wouldn't purchase them again. However, ensure that your blisters heal before continuiing exercise.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    I wear asics. They have a bunch of different models and prices ranges. I have at least 6 pairs. A very lightweight model to a more structured support to ones that correct over probation. The structured support are for working out for me, they can handle side to side movements such as in step aerobics. The light ones for walking, and the probation correction for when my job required standing all day.

I discovered them at a Lady Footlocker. I recommend going to a real footwear store and trying on everything. Then once you know your models of whatever brand you can find lower prices online.
  • purplemoonpie
    purplemoonpie Posts: 25 Member
    ASICS all the way. I used to wear Nike but once I found asics I never went back . Lightweight, good support, durable, and feels good on my wide foot.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I need fast walking shoes that won't slip on cobble stones that are worn down and slick and uneven. So I guess they need to be non slip and supportive. Also light weight as its never really cold here. Waterproof would be good too.

Try "zero drop" trail running shoes, like Altra Lone Peak NeoShell, which is waterproof. Zero drop means there is no raised heel, unlike most shoes on the market (including Asics). A raised heel is only for running - it's not ergonomically correct to walk in. :+1: