didjulyke your workout today? - checkin thread

Replies

• ninenines
    ninenines Posts: 197 Member
    @spritey86 I'm super impressed with your Bench and Row! So don't be down about it. :)
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    edited July 2016
    SLA today.

SQ: 1X5X45/65/85, 5X5X105 lbs. I'm now squatting more than 50% body weight
    BP: 5x5x65
    BR: 2x5x60, 2x5x65, 5/5/5/5/4x75
    Funny story. The first two sets, I was absolutely crushing it, to the point that I added another 5lbs, and was still flying through the lift. looked down and noticed that someone had set up the deadlift station with the women's bar. I hadn't even thought to check, since it was left loaded with 130 lbs.
    I'd hate to think about the struggle on Wednesday trying to jump from 65 to 80lbs.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    edited July 2016
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing

GobletSquats- 3X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 25X7X 35

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge

7.5 miles

This is the end of week four kettle bell swing.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    went to t-day and it was nice because actually mr t is away. me and mr squats had the place to ourselves and just gabbed so much it's surprising we got so much done between us. last day of 5/3/1 week and i never actually did my bench press at all.

ohp was another fail at max weight of 70. this is the second fail in a row so i guess i should face facts and deload. i made three tries and the last one allllmost made it - it was over my head but i lost my footing getting under it so it dropped down again. i let it go.

deadlift was NOT a fail. 125/140/155, three reps on the last set. and that's the heaviest deadlift i've ever done, and it wasn't light . . . but they were perfectly do-able reps. so i'm very happy.

3 turkish getups per side, for warmup. my total on mr t's board is now 12 since we only count the ones that i do in his space.
  • canadianlbs
    ^^^ went to playground and added six eccentric pullups just to say i did something upper-body flavoured. and walking lunges part of the way home. hey, it's dark. ain't no-one around in the park but teenagers getting stoned and snickering at one another

. . . i hope it was each other they were snickering at.
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Workout A

Squat-1X 5X55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing

Russian kettle bell swing-22X 10 X 30

6 miles
  • canadianlbs
    edited July 2016
    day 1 of deload week #4. i made the call between gym and rec centre, and bought ten visits to see me through july before i re-subscribe for a new year.

am i ever glad that i did. haven't been there since last sunday, and when i trucked upstairs, the place was transformed. the old fixed-peg single-unit bench is gone. the squat rack is gone. they now have not one, but TWO full cages, with the adjustable everything. two, count 'm; two.

it's deload week but the fact that i haven't benched yet and i missed on my press last night for 70 . . . both of these things were niggling me. so i tried again for my 70lb press, and it's just nope. i could claim various things like i just pressed yesterday, i started out with a ton of waiter carries, 3x15 presses with the women's bar, two sloth-slow and controlled eccentric pullups, 50lb rows, getups with 8lb kettlebell . . . but the fact is, i just don't have it just yet. this decides me that on friday i'm going to tell mr t i want to repeat this cycle's weights when the next cycle starts.

for bench as well as ohp. because i didn't have it for bench either - two reps at 80lb and the first fail of my life on the third rep. i refuse to call it the roll of shame, because i'm not bloody ashamed. but anyway, that's a long way off the 90 i was scheduled for, so bench gets a repeat as well.

now that i've made the decision i actually feel better than i did when i was still trying to nickel and dime myself and hang on to the idea of these weights.

i did deloaded squats at 65 and those were pretty okay.
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing

GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-10 X 10 X 35

5 miles

Week 1 of increasing the reps from 7 to 10 on the Russian kettle bell swing. It starts out at a low number of sets. I'm OK with that because it really does make a difference adding just three more reps. And I do not want to pull a muscle or aggravate anything. I prefer to go slow and let my body become accustomed to the new routine.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2016
    Good day! Feeling good. Dead lift still feels light but will keep increasing as suggested by the Ap.

OHP is getting hard. Bought some chains and washers so I can start increasing a small amount rather than 5kg!!

it5393e572ur.jpeg

tuwcvdvwea9g.jpeg
  • fanncy0626
    Good day! Feeling good. Dead lift still feels light but will keep increasing as suggested by the

I noticed that you have accessory lifts on the app. Do you pay for the power pack?
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Workout B

Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 50
    DL- 1X5X 135

Kettlebell Swing

Russian kettle bell swing-19 X 10 X 30
  • spritey86
    spritey86 Posts: 70 Member
    Had a "one of us" moments at the gym last night in the freeweights gym. I walk in and immediately the guy using the squat rack I favour said "I'll be done in a few sets of you want this" haha how lovely. His overhead press makes me depressed as well. I told him so. He lifts over 40kg. I'm stuck at 25kg. He told me to suck it up and add weight and just do it. Then said his legs were rubbish, which they were very skinny! Bless. Then, a guy I recently met came in... Yikes... I said hi and refused to lift infront of him haha. Oh well. So yesterday was SL day

Squat - 5x5 @ 60kg
    OHP - 4x5 @ 25kg, 1x4 @ 27.5kg
    Deadlift - 2x5 @ 75kg

Today was cardio. Felt great getting the heart pumping. That's all folks. Rest day tomorrow
  • stapark
    stapark Posts: 35 Member
    I haven't been feeling great lately, and I failed my last set of squats at 115lbs and OHP at 60lbs so I deloaded on those last night.

Squats 1x5 75lbs, 1x5 95lbs, 5x5 105lbs
    OHP 5x5 55lbs
    DL 5x1 145lbs

I was excited that I have finally surpassed my body weight on DL, but it was rough and ended up doing 5 individual lifts rather than a set of 5. I've been working on my squat form and getting rid of butt wink and they seem to be looking better. I've been seriously considering working with a personal trainer for form, but I work out in my basement and I'm cheap. I still haven't convinced myself that it would worth the money!
  • canadianlbs
    stapark wrote: »
    I work out in my basement and I'm cheap. I still haven't convinced myself that it would worth the money!

with trainers, i'm 100% chintzy too. it's all about 'what am i gonna be getting for it'. may be just me but i just don't see the point of paying someone oodles of cash to tell me things i already know or that aren't going to be directly and immediately useful.

not lifting today. the biking to work continues and i made it out in 30 minutes and home in 45 (with brief stop at a store) today. impressed with self mostly because i timed the segment that is Entirely Hill separately from all the rest, and it came out pretty well.

@spritey86, nice one-of-us moment. i had one too . . . formal Orientation Day at work. i started last week and did my gym fact discovery right off the bat, but they let several of us all pile up and then did the official stuff in a gang today. big guy in the group showing interest in the gym, and i was able to dial right in on why and tell him a couple of things. such as 'they don't have a rack' and 'by the way, it's not free.'

it was fun. i was going to ask him 'do you lift?' because i already knew the answer, basically. didn't, but it was still nice. i like the people here a whole lot, but there are no lifters in my own little group. i'm going to be the oddity if it even gets on the radar with them.

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    SLB for me

SQ:1x5x45/65/85/105, 5x5x110
    OHP:5x5x55
    DL:1x5x135

OHP went really well in terms of form, and I was so proud of myself for doing DL with the big 45s on the bar.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    So, after 4 days away, doing nothing gym-wise (although a reasonable amount of walking...not excessive though) and eating a whole bunch of rubbish, I did a bodycombat class before work this morning.

Hoping to get right back into it all - it's amazing how even 4 days can throw you off track!! I did have a good weekend, though, so I'm not complaining, just feel out of sorts as a result!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Good day! Feeling good. Dead lift still feels light but will keep increasing as suggested by the

I noticed that you have accessory lifts on the app. Do you pay for the power pack?

Yes I just bit the bullet and paid for it... Worth it so far... But I never tried the free one so not sure what I'm getting extra..
  • klrenn
    klrenn Posts: 245 Member

6 miles

I'm super curious about this...what's the deal? 1000 miles in a certain time frame? On separate dedicated walks? Are you doing this with other people?
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    klrenn wrote: »

6 miles

I'm super curious about this...what's the deal? 1000 miles in a certain time frame? On separate dedicated walks? Are you doing this with other people?

It was a challenge here on a forum not even sure which one. It started in January and goes through December. You set your own goals to get 1000 miles done in one year. It started out with about 25 people and we are down to three of us that still record regularly. I'm not a quitter so I will stay even if I end up being the only one. No they are not necessarily separate dedicated walks. You can count your steps during the day or miles that you go each day. You can also count what you do on a treadmill or an elliptical. I have an eight month old German Shepherd puppy that I usually go on a 5 mile hike with. As well as shorter walks after if possible. He has to go to the bathroom a lot LOL!
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing

GobletSquats- 3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-13 X 10 X 35

5 miles