40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Chest, shoulders and abs. 20 minute TM HIIT run- hills in prep for saturday.
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    reporting
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    HI Everyone! would love to join the group just not sure how! I've seen several people ask just haven't seen any responses. Help?!

Welcome to the group. Post away, there is no formal joining to be done.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,975 Member
    Woot - 2 hours of paddleboarding, did about 5.06 miles with some slow paddling through a shallow mangrove tunnel to get to a secluded lake. All in all a good workout - prep for our 4+ mile race next week.

Got on the scale this morning and was below 140 finally! All in all a good day so far!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    I am 43...bump may I please join. I do Fast:five.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2016
    HI Everyone! would love to join the group just not sure how! I've seen several people ask just haven't seen any responses. Help?!

You're in just post and read
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    b3achy, awesome in going below 140! Congrats!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Back & 6-Pack"=Done!
  • b3achy
    narak_lol wrote: »
    b3achy, awesome in going below 140! Congrats!!

Thanks @narak_lol!! Already looking to the next goal of getting below 130 in September...in time for fall race season. ;)
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Happy Thursday!
    I plan to go to a body pump class today during lunch.
    Even though, my work schedule is a little hectic right now, I am trying to keep my workout schedule.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    My 40s are in the rear view mirror for me. I spent the latter part of my 30s surviving breast cancer and raising 4 children. When my 40s arrived I was so happy to be alive and yet, those 10 years were the most unhealthy. It makes me so sad to think of that time wasted. I feel so strong today, mind, body and spirit... I dont want to regret my 50's. I am excited everyday when I look in the mirror and see that woman emerging that I remember myself being. It makes me cry a little. So, I am glad to hear voices here from my peers...hopefully all experiencing similar feelings of celebration of all that we can be and hope to be and were and are and all those things! My girls actually get embarrassed by their mom these days.... i think nothing of dancing like I am having a seizure!!! woot woot!!!. Peace peeps!

My mother finished her chemo last year. I am happy to say she is also breast cancer free!
    The one thing she told me was to always take care of yourself.

You are a survivor. A strong, body and mind. Look at everything your body has endured....and you are still here. :)
    Those years are not wasted. They are a chapter of your life that has ended. Now you are beginning a new chapter in your life. Enjoy the Awesome experience.
  • 60to35
    Congrats @b3achy! That is my goal at the moment.

Easy legs today as I will be doing an hour HIIT class tonight.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM Volume 2 Championship + Sudden Death OT"=Done!
  • b3achy
    60to35 wrote: »
    Congrats @b3achy! That is my goal at the moment.

Easy legs today as I will be doing an hour HIIT class tonight.

Thanks! Just keep up all the good work and you will get there! This is definitely a marathon and not a sprint.

Hoping to get some gardening done (have some plants that are wilting until I get them in the ground) and then the house cleaned today. May have to settle for the gazelle machine instead of paddleboarding since we're into summer weather with typical afternoon showers. But I know I'm paddling tomorrow morning with one of my friends.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Rode my bike today and got a PR in a segment that I've wanting to hit for some time, tired but definitely worth it...
  • 60to35
    edited July 2016
    A little pooped after last nights HIIT class. I am too amped up to sleep after it! It was a lot of running with tabata segments mixed in. My running felt really good so I'm feeling better about my 10K on Sunday

Back, biceps, and abs for me this morning.

Congrats on you PR @narak_lol ! Who says we can't still hit 'em?!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Chest and yoga today. Watched the Giro di Burnaby last night. 45 laps of 1.2 km averaging 44.3km/hr! One of my wifes coworkers had qualified for it and got dropped 11 laps in and had to resign. He averages about 13k a year on the bike. Unbelievably fast. Big difference between my roides and those.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!

Today I ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes (3.8 miles, yes I am slow). It felt good. I kept wanting to do "5 more minutes!"
  • b3achy
    Woot, 2+ hours of gardening in 90+F heat. At least the flowers are planted before the afternoon rain and I finally got the front bed mulched. After I get a shower and get the housework done, I'm collapsing...
  • smclark74
    smclark74 Posts: 4 Member
    42, 5'3", weighed 170 6 months ago, now 145. Feel like I am at a stand still.