I am finally going vegan!

Options
MVega90
MVega90 Posts: 9 Member
After considering it for a long time, I have decided that a vegan lifestyle would be best for me! I just don't feel as healthy and happy as I could be, while eating meat. I do not know anyone personally who is vegan, or even vegetarian for that matter. Everyone I know eats meat and lots of it!

Replies

• allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I find it easier once you make the connection between what is on your plate and what happens to the animals for it to be on your plate. It can be a challenge when you are around so many people that have not made the connection, but just keep in mind this is your body and you want to do right by it and want to end cruelty to other living beings.
  • samiann96
    samiann96 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I get what you mean. I've been vegetarian for a while, but it's been hard for me to go vegan, mostly because I don't know any vegetarians or vegans, and it's been difficult for me to go vegan without that kind of support.
  • bkind2nmals
    bkind2nmals Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I agree with allaboutthefood. The thing that keeps me vegan is know the suffering I am no longer contributing to. I had been vegetarian for about 22 years before I went vegan 11 years ago when I just could not stand the thought of these baby cows being ripped from their mothers and manhandled and abused at birth. Every time I start to Jones for something nonvegan, the memories of what those scenes look like haunt me for the rest of the night and my temptation is gone. My problem now is that I have found so many wonderful vegan alternatives to dairy and other products that I am just a big vegan food junkie!!!