Starting OMAD? Introduce Yourself Here!

Replies

• FastKeto
    FastKeto Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2016
    ...your name: Will
    ...your weight: 230lb (Large Frame)
    ...your height: 5'11"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: Reversed T2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver, Sleep Apnea
    ...your goal weight range: 180-200lb (Large Frame)
    ...the time of your OMAD: I've been doing 23:1 for the past few months, but never called it OMAD.
    ...and your OMAD start date:

My heaviest was 360lb. Currently am 230lb, so I've lost 130lb with LCHF/Intermittent Fasting. I've done all sorts of different IF protocols. I've been doing 23:1 (23-hours fast with 1-hour eating window) for months now. I follow Dr. Jason Fung's fasting protocols, and I also am medically supervised by well-known Keto doctor, Dr. Jay Wortman where he advocates fasting and LC. I am currently fat fasting Monday to Friday and eating LCHF on the weekends, however, I will transition to OMAD, and introduce carbs back into my diet when I reach my goal weight as a method to maintain.

Good luck y'all!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    FastKeto wrote: »
    ...your name: Will
    ...your weight: 230lb (Large Frame)
    ...your height: 5'11"
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: Reversed T2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver, Sleep Apnea
    ...your goal weight range: 180-200lb (Large Frame)
    ...the time of your OMAD: I've been doing 23:1 for the past few months, but never called it OMAD.
    ...and your OMAD start date:

My heaviest was 360lb. Currently am 230lb, so I've lost 130lb with LCHF/Intermittent Fasting. I've done all sorts of different IF protocols. I've been doing 23:1 (23-hours fast with 1-hour eating window) for months now. I follow Dr. Jason Fung's fasting protocols, and I also am medically supervised by well-known Keto doctor, Dr. Jay Wortman where he advocates fasting and LC. I am currently fat fasting Monday to Friday and eating LCHF on the weekends, however, I will transition to OMAD, and introduce carbs back into my diet when I reach my goal weight as a method to maintain.

Good luck y'all!

Hey, Will...

Good to have you. Sounds like you've got it in the bag. Keep it up, buddy!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That's an awesome story to see so much progression! Way to go!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    welcome, Will!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    Welcome Will and congrats on your success so far :)
  • willowbas
    willowbas Posts: 7 Member
    Willowbas ...your name or preferred username
    238...your weight
    5'7"...your height
    Even after two surgeries, overweight; 4-6 meals a day make me feel sluggish and focus on food and planning for food too much! ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-160...your goal weight range
    Evening meal ...the time of your OMAD
    7/4/16 MY Independence Day ...and your OMAD start date.
  • arguablysamson
    willowbas wrote: »
    Willowbas ...your name or preferred username
    238...your weight
    5'7"...your height
    Even after two surgeries, overweight; 4-6 meals a day make me feel sluggish and focus on food and planning for food too much! ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-160...your goal weight range
    Evening meal ...the time of your OMAD
    7/4/16 MY Independence Day ...and your OMAD start date.

Welcome...to OMAD and to the OMAD Forums!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    willowbas:

Good luck, you can do this!
  • vrojapu
    Welcome, Willowbas!
  • willowbas
    willowbas Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the welcomes! I'm down several pounds now. I started at almost 250!
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    willowbas wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcomes! I'm down several pounds now. I started at almost 250!

Congratulations :)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Excellent progress!
  • rainbowvenus
    rainbowvenus Posts: 28 Member
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

Alice...your name or preferred username
    207 ...your weight
    5'7 ...your height
    Candy/Sugar addiction ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-160 ...your goal weight range
    6 pm ...the time of your OMAD
    6/21/2016 ...and your OMAD start date.

I would like to pick OMAD back up because last year I had a lot of success with eating once a day. I hadn't done any official research, only fell into the lifestyle. It was easier to maintain than I had anticipated. I need to get back into it!

An update to my intro...

I ended up starting 6/25 instead of 6/21, but still going strong! I'm very close to being under 200 lbs now.
  • vrojapu
    That's great news!!
  • EA1934OMAD
    EA1934OMAD Posts: 1 Member
    Liz..your name or preferred username
    160 lbs...your weight
    5'3"...your height
    A lot of emotional eating. Happy, sad, frustrated, depressed you name it. Food was my comfort...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    125 to 135...your goal weight range
    11am to 3 pm...the time of your OMAD
    7/8/2016...and your OMAD start date.

I have already noticed a difference after only a couple of days.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited July 2016
    ...your name or preferred username (E)
    ...your weight (219.8)
    ...your height (5'6)
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing (see below)
    ...your goal weight range (140-145)
    ...the time of your OMAD (6pm-10pm)
    ...and your OMAD start date. (June 29th, 2016)
    Current weight: 207.8

New here! I've been watching the youtube videos (ALL of them) and started 15 days ago, after trying everything under the sun to lose weight, nothing worked. I'm in my mid-fifties and have struggled to lose weight for about 20 years. I found the videos and threw the gauntlet down. After 15 days of faithfully eating only ONE meal per day and loading up with water and herbal teas all day (my eating time is between 6-10pm) as of today I'm down 12 pounds and I haven't seen such weight loss in years!

It's not just the scale moving downward either. I could pull my pants down without unbuttoning them the other day. This is thrilling to me. My eye-sight seems to be so much better. My nails are growing like weeds and are so much stronger and my skin is much softer too. Maybe this is my imagination, but my hair looks like it's getting darker too. I start the day (when I wake up) with 2 tbsp of Braggs ACV+1 or 2 tbsps of fresh squeezed lemon and a couple of dashes of cayenne pepper in 8 oz of water. Then it's nothing but water until the afternoon, I'll have some herbal tea and more water. Before my hour eating time is up, I'll have another cup of herbal tea with a tablespoon of coconut oil or coconut butter in it. I'm down 12 pounds in 15 days with no exercise at all! I've still got a long way to go, at least 60-70 more pounds, but I'm feeling really great inside and out. My cravings for sugary starchy stuff is gone--all in just 15 days! What else I'm learning is a video you had that said snacking is making you fat and I can see that snacking and grazing all day is why I couldn't lose the weight for all these years.

Thank you Joe!!!
  • vrojapu
    Welcome, Liz, and welcome, E!!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, E.

Way to go! You've already broken into that next-level playing field of self-control and confidence. You keep right on going and you'll hit your goal!

-Joe
  • akilaram
    akilaram Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Joe,

...your name or preferred username Lak
    ...your weight 65 kgs / 143 lbs
    ...your height (5'3)
    ...your goal weight range (110 lbs)
    ...the time of your OMAD (6pm-8 pm)
    ...and your OMAD start date. (July 16th, 2016)
    Current weight: 143 lbs

Your post was truly inspiring. I infact forwarded your post to a lot of my friends and family.
    I have been following OMAD on and off, not following all of the rules.. I followed it 6 months ago, lost weight initially, then got back to my own ways of eating as people around started advicing that skipping meals is very bad for health.. Also, I'm a coffee addict, I usually have coffee with milk and sugar, so I was adding a lot of calories by drinking coffee during the day when I was on OMAD.. maybe that's why it didn't work well last time.

Strting today, I'm thinking of following 1 meal a day as you mentioned, no calorie drinks (including milk and sugar) during the day until my meal time. I'm planning to have mint tea (tea bag and water) instead of morning coffee, and drink organic water (45 cals) for breakfast and rest of the time vitamin water (zero cals) and black coffee until the time of OMAD. I hope it's ok to drink coconut water.. Is there anything else that I could substitute with ? Like a zero cal drink other than vitamin water.. Is it ok to have diet coke or coke zero instead?

• arguablysamson
    akilaram wrote: »
    Hi Joe,

...your name or preferred username Lak
    ...your weight 65 kgs / 143 lbs
    ...your height (5'3)
    ...your goal weight range (110 lbs)
    ...the time of your OMAD (6pm-8 pm)
    ...and your OMAD start date. (July 16th, 2016)
    Current weight: 143 lbs

Your post was truly inspiring. I infact forwarded your post to a lot of my friends and family.
    I have been following OMAD on and off, not following all of the rules.. I followed it 6 months ago, lost weight initially, then got back to my own ways of eating as people around started advicing that skipping meals is very bad for health.. Also, I'm a coffee addict, I usually have coffee with milk and sugar, so I was adding a lot of calories by drinking coffee during the day when I was on OMAD.. maybe that's why it didn't work well last time.

Strting today, I'm thinking of following 1 meal a day as you mentioned, no calorie drinks (including milk and sugar) during the day until my meal time. I'm planning to have mint tea (tea bag and water) instead of morning coffee, and drink organic water (45 cals) for breakfast and rest of the time vitamin water (zero cals) and black coffee until the time of OMAD. I hope it's ok to drink coconut water.. Is there anything else that I could substitute with ? Like a zero cal drink other than vitamin water.. Is it ok to have diet coke or coke zero instead?

Hi there,

I'm glad my story has inspired you to take control. It's time to live!

Yes, a diet drink is fine as a beverage. And coconut water should be fine.

-Joe