First day of classes wiped me OUT!

songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
Ugh, I am SO TIRED.

I had to stay up late to clean last night because we found out at the last minute that people were viewing the apartment.
Then this morning I was woken up early by one of my poor sick ratties having a sneezy fit.
Then I spent 2 hours lugging my backpack around, laptop and books, trying to switch my major and my schedule just so I can get rid of ONE class and put another in its place.
Then I had to hit Wal Mart for a coffee maker and coffee because I have chemistry at 8am MWF and pick up some school supplies. Of course I forgot pens, pencils, and coffee filters. :glasses:
Oh, and I got my TOM in Wal Mart and had nothing on me! That NEVER happens on Tuesday! :explode:

So I came home and looked over my first Chem lab, which is all just math (ugh) and promptly passed out for an hour.

Now it's dark, 19 degrees out, and I don't have my car. I REALLY don't want to run to the gym. I haven't taken a day off totally in about 3 weeks...my days off have been cardio only or yoga, both of which are still challenging (OMG is yoga hard lol). So because I have some super important paperwork I didn't get to do today b/c of all my running around, I'm tempted to take the night off. But I have only 200 calories left even though I feel like I ate nothing today. :sad:

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    Ugh, I am SO TIRED.

I had to stay up late to clean last night because we found out at the last minute that people were viewing the apartment.
    Then this morning I was woken up early by one of my poor sick ratties having a sneezy fit.
    Then I spent 2 hours lugging my backpack around, laptop and books, trying to switch my major and my schedule just so I can get rid of ONE class and put another in its place.
    Then I had to hit Wal Mart for a coffee maker and coffee because I have chemistry at 8am MWF and pick up some school supplies. Of course I forgot pens, pencils, and coffee filters. :glasses:
    Oh, and I got my TOM in Wal Mart and had nothing on me! That NEVER happens on Tuesday! :explode:

So I came home and looked over my first Chem lab, which is all just math (ugh) and promptly passed out for an hour.

Now it's dark, 19 degrees out, and I don't have my car. I REALLY don't want to run to the gym. I haven't taken a day off totally in about 3 weeks...my days off have been cardio only or yoga, both of which are still challenging (OMG is yoga hard lol). So because I have some super important paperwork I didn't get to do today b/c of all my running around, I'm tempted to take the night off. But I have only 200 calories left even though I feel like I ate nothing today. :sad:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    I feel your pain!! I started class today too! I did homework all morning, now I am at work until 530. Then I have class from 6-9. I didnt have time to hit the gym today either! If you are feeling exhasted, you probably are. Take it easy tonight. You dont want to get sick the first week of school!
  • songbyrdsweet
    I feel your pain!! I started class today too! I did homework all morning, now I am at work until 530. Then I have class from 6-9. I didnt have time to hit the gym today either! If you are feeling exhasted, you probably are. Take it easy tonight. You dont want to get sick the first week of school!

Yea, I close every night the rest of the week, bleh. Work makes school so much less enjoyable! Friday I will be at the vet all day for my rats too, but I'm happy about that, because I want them to get better! I just hate taking unplanned days off. I hate taking any days off now. I sort of have a complex. :ohwell: I know I need to rest, but I get really competitive with my workout partner and he has gone every day but 1, and I have gone every day, so I have like 1 more point than him LOL :laugh:

Well tomorrow I have two long breaks, so I can work out twice to make up for it! Yay for being stinky in class! :tongue:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    My first day is tomorrow....reading this made me realize i have SO much to look forward to!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Haha...at least we can all complain together. At least I am only taking 6 classes this semster instead on 7. I got online this morning and one of my law teacher assigned 2 2page papers due sat...stupid..
  • songbyrdsweet
    My first day is tomorrow....reading this made me realize i have SO much to look forward to!

LOL well just hope you don't have a teacher like I had this morning! He droned on and on and on for over an hour, not even talking about the subject material! He spent the first 10 minutes trying to decide who he's had in his classes before, and made them talk about his class, and then spent the next 65 minutes pretty much threatening us with how difficult his class is. Then we had to say why we were there, and he delighted in pointing out that 10 people relied on HIS class alone to graduate. I was delighted to say, "My name is Gabrielle, and I'm switching to the Exercise and Sport Science concentration, so I don't need your class at all." :laugh: I switched his (Sport Marketing) for Epidemiology, neato!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Haha...at least we can all complain together. At least I am only taking 6 classes this semster instead on 7. I got online this morning and one of my law teacher assigned 2 2page papers due sat...stupid..

Yuk! I don't envy you on that. My days of 6+ classes are finally over...I had to take 9 my first semester as a Music major. Now I'm almost done, so I'm down to 4 classes and my capstone, which is a small experiment I designed. I will be posting the findings on MFP when everything's done. :smile: Are you taking all online classes? I'm thinking of trying that for the sciences I need to take before I apply to grad school, but I'm sort of afraid of taking biochem and organic chem without any face to face help.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member

Yuk! I don't envy you on that. My days of 6+ classes are finally over...I had to take 9 my first semester as a Music major. Now I'm almost done, so I'm down to 4 classes and my capstone, which is a small experiment I designed. I will be posting the findings on MFP when everything's done. :smile: Are you taking all online classes? I'm thinking of trying that for the sciences I need to take before I apply to grad school, but I'm sort of afraid of taking biochem and organic chem without any face to face help.

oh the life of a music major....I'm registered for 8- after just dropping a history class!
    I'm so sick of school already and my fist day is tomorrow - GREAT SIGN!
  • songbyrdsweet

oh the life of a music major....I'm registered for 8- after just dropping a history class!
    I'm so sick of school already and my fist day is tomorrow - GREAT SIGN!

Yea, I love how every class is ONE credit no matter how often they meet or how hard they are, just so you don't get to like 200 hours because there's so many darn classes. Music Therapy was a 5-6 year degree unless you took 18 hours a semester!