What vitamin do you take? When do you take it?

2»

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    AM with breakfast:
    Women's One A Day Multivitamin
    Triple strength Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM joint supplement
    Source Micfro-Max Micronutrient

PM
    Vitafusion Melatonin gummies (3mg)

I have joint issues, used to have severe allergies and very restless sleeper. I do notice differences when on vs when off of each of these supplements.

Less pain when on the joint supplement
    Allergies virtually gone when on the Micro max
    Seem to get better rest on the Melatonin although this is still new to my routine and the journey is still out.
    I have more energy and less hair loss/shedding on the Multivitamin.

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    None, unless you count creatine monohydrate which I take in the mornings
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Centrum Multivitamin/Multimineral tablet and a 4mg Iron tablet daily with lunch.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Generic one-a-day for women 50+, since I noticed how little iron etc I was getting from food.
  • iluvnufoods
    iluvnufoods Posts: 45 Member
    Just a prenatal, since it's cheaper than the iron pills I need for my low iron anemia. I've only been on them for a couple of weeks but I already notice a HUGE difference in my energy levels and clotting ability.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Centrum chewables for 50+. I've taken lots of different vitamins in my life, and have found that many of them don't dissolve, they come out whole (don't ask how I know this). :# Hence the chewables.

Don't seem to get the 50+ anymore where I live. Just a general Centrum for Adults - Multivitamin/Multimineral.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    I take prenatal because BABIES! And I also like Emergen-C, and i have one usually every other day or so. Just cuz.
  • xiantan
    xiantan Posts: 7 Member
    I do not eat meat and poultry, so I try to take B12, fish oil, and vit D. I tend to take them at night after dinner.
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    I try to get as much from actual food as possible, but just in case...I take One-A-Day Women's, at night before bed. And if I feel a cold coming on (or if someone around me is sick) I take a chewable C.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    I take several vitamins a day either due to deficiencies or to make sure I don't become deficient. I take most of them at bedtime with a pb&J sandwich.
    2 Flintstone complete chewables
    1 Biotin
    1 B12
    Either 1 high dose of D3 or I will take 3 calcium petites through the day that have lower amounts of D3 in them
    Vitamin E
    Melatonin - a little before bedtime
    Zinc
    Iron w/Vitamin C - this I have to work in when I can because I tend to eat a lot of dairy

• LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    edited July 2016
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    Centrum chewables for 50+. I've taken lots of different vitamins in my life, and have found that many of them don't dissolve, they come out whole (don't ask how I know this). :# Hence the chewables.

Don't seem to get the 50+ anymore where I live. Just a general Centrum for Adults - Multivitamin/Multimineral.

You can buy them online from Amazon, Walmart and Walgreens.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2016
    My doctor suggested prenatal is best for women, but I take two GNC active women's vitamins in the morning. They seem to give me energy, and they're the only vitamins I've had that don't make me queasy.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    No need to take any unless you have a medical reason to do so.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Vit D (I'm deficient) and magnesium (helps with migraine management) in the morning. Folate and prenatals at night because they make me nauseated if I take them in the morning.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    I take 2 cups of spinach every morning in my smoothie. :yum: does that count? No? Okay. :lol:
  • kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    I take Pure Vitamin Club's Daily Vitamin. The way I take it in the morning varies from taking it in capsule form to opening it and adding to a smoothie. I take this vitamin because no one has given me proof that I need to take Titanium Dioxide, Silica and/or Magnesium Stearate as part of a vitamin.