Questions, Struggles, Progress

Replies

• Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Woohoo! It's such a great feeling when you start fitting into smaller sizes :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    rickc74 wrote: »
    My husband wears a size large sweatshirt and I was able to wear it and zip it when we were walking tonight.

Awesome! I've got some clothes I've been able to fit into again recently, so I know the feeling. Great work.

Thank you!
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Another weird little victory I've had is tying my shoes, as silly as it sounds. I used to need to put a foot up on something, like stairs or a bench, to tie my shoes. Then I got comfortable getting down on the ground to do it and getting back up easily after dropping a few pounds. Now I just reach down and do it while still standing. Yay!
  • Brittles927
    I had a really bad weekend :( I ate terribly. Drank. It's been awhile since I've gone that crazy. I gained 4+ pounds. Working hard on reversing that but I'm really disappointed in myself :(
  • rickc74
    I would expect that a lot of the weight gain is sodium causing water retention. The general consensus seems to be that a pound works out to about 3500 calories. I find it tough to believe you ate an extra 14000 calories over the weekend. A lot of extra sodium is pretty believable, though. Cut that down, and you'll most likely lose some of the water weight over the next few days - my bet is you drop the 4lbs pretty quick if you get back on the program. It's pretty similar to what I've gone through in the last week - I had a couple bad eating days while out of town, and broke even weight wise for the week, staying the same this past Friday as the Friday before. I've dropped 3.5 lbs since, though, so I've made up for last week and am on track for my 2lb goal for this week.

We're all going to overindulge from time to time, it's tough to enjoy life without it. The key is not doing it all the time, and recovering right after doing it. Remember, you can't really lose 4lbs of fat in 2 days - so you probably can't gain it, either. Keep at the program, and watch for the water weight to come off. :)
  • Brittles927
    Thank you so much for that @rickc74 I was feeling pretty bummed out yesterday. I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3 of the 4lbs I had gained, so that's a huge plus! So I think you're right, it must have been the sodium. I'm feeling much better about getting back to what I had lost last week at least :).

It's so true, for me if I don't indulge once in awhile then I have a binge session and usually feel like crap after, and lose motivation to continue this journey. Thankfully I have an awesome support group here! Here's to another day! Let's do this! :)
  • rickc74
    That's awesome, I'm glad it's balancing back out so quick! Again, you're doing really well at this. A bad day here and there won't ruin everything. I find the days that my weight goes up a bit to be a real good motivator to get back on track, because I know the plan works. That said, most days I have some kind of treat - a few smarties, a half cup of ice cream, stuff like that. Moderation is the key for me :)
  • Brittles927
    Thank you, you are as well! Thanks for the encouragement :)

Moderation is so important!
  • rickc74
    Thanks. It definately is. I think trying to quit everything cold turkey would be impossible and lead to failing. I've cut back, and, the more progress I make, the more I want to eat healthy foods, and less treats. Usually...
  • Brittles927
    Happy Monday!

I've got some mini goals for this week :)

1. No chocolate
    2. Exercise 5/7 days
    3. Drink a min. of 10 cups of water daily

Do you guys have any goals you'd like to share?
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    My goal this week is to get exercise in and make healthy food choices while on vacation later this week.
  • Brittles927
    It's always good to have a plan when on vacation! You can do it :)
  • rickc74
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Happy Monday!

I've got some mini goals for this week :)

1. No chocolate
    2. Exercise 5/7 days
    3. Drink a min. of 10 cups of water daily

Do you guys have any goals you'd like to share?

No chocolate?!!? Eeks! Lol, I still eat it. Just...not nearly as much.

I haven't really set goals like this. I'm working on the couch to 5k program now, so I guess sticking to that is my immediate goal. Tonight I'll be doing day three of week two. Woot woot!
  • rickc74
    My goal this week is to get exercise in and make healthy food choices while on vacation later this week.
    I just came back from a mini, four day vacay. Not eating out for a meal or two a day would have been borderline impossible. I managed to come back at the same weight I left at. I'll take it for sure. :)
  • Brittles927
    edited July 2016
    @rickc74 - the no chocolate thing is going to be the hardest! We have a fridge full of candy at work and I'm guilty of eating 4/5 pieces a day :# so I'm avoiding it! Gum has actually helped me a lot! :) Day 1 down, 4 more to go!
  • rickc74
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    @rickc74 - the no chocolate thing is going to be the hardest! We have a fridge full of candy at work and I'm guilty of eating 4/5 pieces a day :# so I'm avoiding it! Gum has actually helped me a lot! :) Day 1 down, 4 more to go!
    Nice start, you can do it! Sucks living with the temptation though.
  • Brittles927
    For sure!!
  • rickc74
    There is something to be said for having it there and not eating it, though. It's definately a good feeling when people offer me donuts and other junk food and I pass. Makes it easier to do it the next time, too :)
  • Brittles927
    Already down 2lbs on the scale! Feeling good this week

How are you all doing? Any SV's or NSV's you'd like to share?
  • rickc74
    That's awesome! I knew the progress would come. The weight sorta sticks sometimes, but if you keep at it, results always show up :)

I have found that A LOT of people are noticing my weight loss lately. I know some people don't like it being noticed, and feel it is rude for others to comment on their weight loss. I get that point of view, but I like to know that my hard work shows. It feels kinda nice when people mention it.

I've also been working my way through the Couch to 5k program. I start week 4 tonight. So far so good. I don't think I will be a runner long term, but I think I want to do it just to be able to say I did it. 5 months ago, I wouldn't have considered running 5k.