POKEMON GO

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I can't imagine spending my time walking around looking through my cell phone to find cartoon characters. Is life really that boring?

I guess that saying you're too young to understand works both side of the field now. you're too old to understand lol

I guess you're right, because I don't get it. But, I am glad I don't. I was out hiking last weekend, when I saw my first Pokeman Hunters on the trail. I didn't realize that was what was going on until one of the gals tripped and fell and I went to help. When I told my daughters about it the next day, I found out that two of the three played. Before the afternoon passed they both had the other daughter doing it. I guess that is the future for Millennials. They have some kind of get together and then sit apart from each other and stare into their cell phone.

thats a great story grandpa

You should show a little more respect to your elders, son.

why? because you've been around longer?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    OMG you've found a Pikachu??

My mom is looking forward to learning all about it when she comes over tomorrow
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Took a walk on my lunch break, the river is about 4 blocks away, and I picked up a Slowpoke and a Squirtle (wasn't even on my radar!) Got about 1/3 of my steps in and had fun doing it. Pokemon Go is a blast, once they get the servers more stable I'll be playing a whole lot more!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    ...jigglypuff keeps escaping me! little bast@rd! I also haven't seen a Pikachu in the "wild". I DID hatch one though.
  • gam3rguy
    If I see one more stinking Zubat or Pidgey... I swear.... :rage:
    the last 3 2k eggs I hatched...ALL ZUBATS!!

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    If I see one more stinking Zubat or Pidgey... I swear.... :rage:
    the last 3 2k eggs I hatched...ALL ZUBATS!!

I hatched a 342 Pika out of a 2k egg.. and a 5k gave me 67 Caterpie... SERIOUSLY?! And Drowzy.. I am way over his *kitten*
    I need one more Caterpie to evolve the Metapod!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    I can't imagine spending my time walking around looking through my cell phone to find cartoon characters. Is life really that boring?

I guess that saying you're too young to understand works both side of the field now. you're too old to understand lol

I guess you're right, because I don't get it. But, I am glad I don't. I was out hiking last weekend, when I saw my first Pokeman Hunters on the trail. I didn't realize that was what was going on until one of the gals tripped and fell and I went to help. When I told my daughters about it the next day, I found out that two of the three played. Before the afternoon passed they both had the other daughter doing it. I guess that is the future for Millennials. They have some kind of get together and then sit apart from each other and stare into their cell phone.

No. Personally, I give respect to everyone I come across. Until they prove they don't deserve it. Then I ignore them.

You kinda looked down upon the whole of Millennials in your post. How is that giving respect??

People enjoy fads and trends. Let them. No need to pass judgement or be snobbish about it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member

I'm not too young OR too old, yet I still don't understand

I just don't understand the cult like madness around it...it's kind of weird to me. It's a cute little game, but yeah...I don't get the pokemon craziness at all. There are many things I find vastly more entertaining.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member

No. Personally, I give respect to everyone I come across. Until they prove they don't deserve it. Then I ignore them.

You kinda looked down upon the whole of Millennials in your post. How is that giving respect??

People enjoy fads and trends. Let them. No need to pass judgement or be snobbish about it.

It wasn't my intention to do either. I have three millennials. Two are your age. I would rather see them talking to each other when we get together instead of all of them having their cell phones out and their heads buried in their phones. I realize it is a sign of the technological advancements of the last decade or so and maybe I am just too old. But an old dog can learn new tricks. I even sent out my first Text message last week.

• pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    I have done much more cardio these past two weeks than I had planned thanks to Pokemon Go LOL. Level 13! Finally got pikachu and all the starters. Annoyed with the amount of magikarps and caterpies that hatch out of my eggs?!?!
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    I have done much more cardio these past two weeks than I had planned thanks to Pokemon Go LOL. Level 13! Finally got pikachu and all the starters. Annoyed with the amount of magikarps and caterpies that hatch out of my eggs?!?!

Magikarps are good to get... you only need 400 candies to evolve the *kitten*!!!! Wait.. do you get candies when you hatch them???

Yeah you get more candies when you hatch them - I believe it varies depending on CP. Still annoying tho