Coffee Creamer Alternatives?

Looking for alternatives to my Caramel Macchiato creamer. Its one of my worst sugar offenders. But I'm looking for a GOOD substitute because I really love my creamer! LOL

Replies

• rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Silk brand creamers in soy or almond milk .... or So Delicious brand creamers made from coconut milk. Yes, all of them still have some sugar but they are made from healthier ingredients than the fake creamers from CoffeeMate and International Delight.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Trader joes soy vanilla or hazelnut creamers are really good 30 calories for 1 tbls
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Can you get a sugar-free caramel and sugar-free french vanilla...if I remember right those are the flavors in the caramel machiatto..
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    I drink hot coffee black, but for iced coffee I like unsweetened almond/coconut milk and sugar free torani syrup.
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    Ive probably said this before but I highly recommend it. Cookies n cream protein powder as creamer. That flavor is the best in hot coffee! My fav! Keeps me full till lunch time as well.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    edited July 2016
    Milk has protein and calcium. Are you lactose intolerant?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    And potassium, magnesium, vitamin d, riboflavin, vit b12, selenium.
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Yes...milk and my digestive system do not do well together.

• B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    I have used So Delicious brand coffee creamer made with coconut milk & I have just used the coconut milk by the same brand. Either one is great in coffee!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Vanilla almond milk.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    nonfat evaporated milk....it you're not lactose intolerant. the "evaporation" part makes it richer/thicker and more like "real" creamer
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Ive probably said this before but I highly recommend it. Cookies n cream protein powder as creamer. That flavor is the best in hot coffee! My fav! Keeps me full till lunch time as well.

What brand is the protein powder you are using? I have read that most don't dissolve well in hot liquid they just clump up?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    There should be a sticky thread for this question there is like 10000 threads about this. Search them and you will find awesome suggestions. I like cashew milk and sugar free syrup like brown sugar cinnamon hazelnut caramel chocolate vanilla etc :)
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 434 Member
    Switch to the sugar-free version and then add one Splenda and learn to like the taste. Accept that if you want to add creamers to your coffee you are going to take a hit somewhere. Whether it be carbs or sugars or taste. I'd rather take a hit on carbs than sacrifice the delicious taste of my beloved coffee, but that's just me.
  • ann_kristen
    ann_kristen Posts: 34 Member
    The cookies and cream brand I found that dissolves in coffee the best is found at costco. Muscle pharm combat.
    It is true, some powders are hard to dissolve especially the vegan powders. But the above one works the best that I have found :)
  • NealNH
    NealNH Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks ann_kristen.
    No Costco near me but I will see if I can find it, maybe online.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    I use 2 tsp powdered creamer (10 calories per tsp) and Torani sugar free caramel syrup (0 calories)
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Heavy cream.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Heavy cream.

Ditto on heavy cream. About a tablespoon will do you for several large cups of coffee. No sweeteners of any kind. Sometimes I add a tiny amount of vanilla extract.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Have you tried any flavored stevia sweeteners? I have an English toffee flavor, then mix with fairlife milk(lactose free, extra protein). I also like the Torani sugar free syrups, especially hazelnut and s'mores, and then use some unsweetened soymilk. Coffeemate and International Delight both make sugar free creamers.