It's not just physical, this is a mental journey.

Hey everyone. I started this journey 60 days ago. I'm looking to motivate others and hopefully be inspired by them at the same time. Add me so we can help each other along the way.

Replies

• lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Welcome. I'll send an add request.
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    The Beatles' song is true: we all get by with a little help from our friends! Sure, I'll add ya! :-D
  • bellkat31
    bellkat31 Posts: 74 Member
    The mental part is the hardest part
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Total life change. Add me if you'd like.
  • futureicon
    futureicon Posts: 348 Member
    This is true. You've got to think about things as a lifestyle change rather than a temporary solution, and it takes epic discipline to stay on track through the daily American temptations of oversized portions, social gatherings, and fast food solutions.
  • druidkat7
    druidkat7 Posts: 691 Member
    futureicon wrote: »
    This is true. You've got to think about things as a lifestyle change rather than a temporary solution, and it takes epic discipline to stay on track through the daily American temptations of oversized portions, social gatherings, and fast food solutions.

"Social gatherings & Fast food solutions": Word! These two aspects of American dietary culture really trip me up! If you're going to someone else's house--family is the worst sometimes--and you *want* to be disciplined, but they look at you like you're from another planet if you're actually legit about counting calories, then it can feel like a shameful thing to bring a food journal!

Oh, and vacation time? Ugh! This is where I would definitely want a smart phone again so I can use the MFP app discreetly rather than drag out an actual notebook.

But yeah, it's definitely about a lifestyle change--which is not always easy if you're in a situation where you tell someone "please don't bring sweet stuff home" and they completely ignore you, putting tempting stuff in your path, even if they're the ones who crave it for sure, and you want to go on the straight n narrow. It can make you feel like they don't care about your desires at all. :(