5'1" pear shaped, if you are pear shaped what is your height/weight

nikitagiselle
nikitagiselle Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
What do you recommend on thinning my thighs.. I've gained some weight since last year but I was at 132lbs in this picture. I'm wondering how much more I would need to lose to have thinner thighs, my stomach is pretty close to being flat. I would fit into a size 2 dress / small shirts but size 8-10 pants. My heaviest was 175lbs r5rp5uravnbg.jpeg

Replies

• jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    I'm 5'3-5'4, 114lbs and pear shaped too. I still noticeable carry weight on my lower half. Its pretty frustrating.
    As for a solution - I may be wrong, but at 5'1 and 132lbs, I'm pretty sure you are able to lose a good 20lbs or so whilst still having a healthy BMI - the fat loss I think would have some effect on your thigh size. I myself am aiming for the lower end of my BMI, its perfectly attainable and healthy for those with smaller frames.
  • cinnabondelights
    cinnabondelights Posts: 121 Member
    5'1'', 106 lbs (heaviest was 161 lbs), and also pear shaped. I carry most of my weight on my hips but not so much on my thighs anymore as that was where I lost the most weight besides my belly. As someone said earlier, there's no such thing as spot reducing, just lose overall weight. Keep eating a healthy diet and exercise regularly and see if that helps, but it may be just genetics. Although thick thighs save lives. XD
  • asnnbrg
    asnnbrg Posts: 34 Member
    Quick questions -- do your legs hurt? If you poke them, does it hurt a lot more than if you poke somewhere else on your body? And do they bruise easily? Do they tend to swell in the heat?

If your answers to any of those are yes, you might want to consider seeing a doctor who specializes in fat disorders (rare adipose disorders).
  • skyhowl
    skyhowl Posts: 206 Member
    i am 5'8'' and i am 69 kg (152 lbs) and my heaviest was (185 lbs). i carry most of my on my hips. i am in the healthy BMI range now. i don't really know how much i need to go down to lose fat in my thigh. but i am trying to lift some weight and keep losing weight and i will keep losing until i feel i look good. but i don't want to reach a really low weight to lose that fat. so i don't know how much i will have to go down.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I am 5'2", ~100lbs and pear shaped. DXA scan put me around 15.5%BF. The majority of my weight is still in my legs and I do not have visible definition there. My top half is rather scrawny. Sad to say, but I don't think my thighs are going to get much thinner unless I drop to unhealthy BF levels. We all have to learn to live and love the genetic hand we are dealt. The good news is it's easier for us to have flat tummies.
  • nikitagiselle
    nikitagiselle Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks everyone. :)
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    I think you look great!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    You look lovely! Just keep focusing on fitness--specifically start lifting if you haven't yet!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You have the most incredible figure - I envy you!
  • wrharvill
    wrharvill Posts: 60 Member
    I'm 5'3" 129 pounds and pear shaped. Yesterday I bought size 6 jeans that look great on me and fit perfectly (yay!). This morning I went through all my jeans from before my weight loss for donation and my size 12 Levi's Bootcut Curvy still also fit. Not as snug as they were before, now they're comfortable and quite flattering. If you can, embrace your curves because you look beautiful. I still have curves, they just take up less room in my pants.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I'm 5'2" & 120 lbs. less of a pear than I was with fat loss & weight training. I also found that in my pursuit to lose fat from lower half a leaned out too much on top. I gained a little back on purpose.
    You have a nice shape. Maybe work on recomp with eating at maintenance & lifting weights to achieve your goals.
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    Doing leg exercises like squats, plie squats, lunges, etc. will firm up your legs. Even if they are still larger in relation to the rest of you, the muscle tone makes them look strong and firm instead of soft and squishy lol. Now, they do not look squishy in the picture at all but leg exercises will make them stronger and more firm if that's what you're after.
  • pratod
    pratod Posts: 68 Member
    I think you look great. If you do decide to diet, consider adding an upper-body strength routine (arms/shoulders/back). Broadening your upper half as you continue losing weight will help balance out the legs and make you appear closer to an hourglass shape with more proportionate upper/lower halves and a tiny waist.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Im 5'7" and a pear. My thighs tone up nicely with plyometrics and HIIT but they will always be large compared to my upper half. It's just how I'm built.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Exercise is the only way to change your shape, in particular weight training. Unfortunately diet cannot decide where the weight comes off
  • gemmaw987
    gemmaw987 Posts: 34 Member
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Exercise is the only way to change your shape, in particular weight training. Unfortunately diet cannot decide where the weight comes off
    what kinds of exercises would you do? Weighted squats, lunges etc? Also - would you use high weighs, high enough so that you are pushing after 10 reps? Or low weights and higher reps? Thank you x

• DanniPants6
    DanniPants6 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm 5'8, ~131lbs +2lbs depending on day.

Chest: B 34"
    Waist: 27"
    Hips: 37"
    Thighs:22" yesterday ( today they are 23" and that's why I'm here! I ate all the salt last night )
    Calfs: 14"

I need help with my inner and outer thighs :/