Nutribullet

Just returned from my hols and decided to blow the dust off my nutribullet. Was thinking about having a nutriblast for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner. Anybody had success with this? I've done low carb before but find it too restrictive. X

Replies

• fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    tinacros wrote: »
    Just returned from my hols and decided to blow the dust off my nutribullet. Was thinking about having a nutriblast for breakfast and lunch and a healthy dinner. Anybody had success with this? I've done low carb before but find it too restrictive. X

Having drinks for 2 meals sounds just as restrictive. All you need to do is count calories and make sure you're eating less than you burn. Smoothies etc can have a lot of calories in them, depending on what you put in so you still have to do the same thing (count calories) whether you drink your calories or eat them.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    If you find low carb too restrictive, I think a Nutriblast (for breakfast AND lunch??) would be too. What's a healthy dinner to you?

Eat food you like, hit your calorie goal, win.

(Lol, for some reason I this made me think about the Pan-galactic Gargleblaster. You won't worry about the healthyness of your dinner after that. Or your dinner, or anything else for that matter :D )
  • tinacros
    tinacros Posts: 5 Member
    Healthy dinner would be chicken brown rice with salad or veg. I'm on the menopause do thought the the nutriblast would be a good way to get some vitamins etc into me. X
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You're not eating the same for dinner every day, are you? Variety is very important to ensure you get in all the nutrition you need. You can eat fruit and vegetables whole, or cook them, or puree them, that's just about preference; the nutribullet is just a way to puree food fast .
  • thenananator
    thenananator Posts: 273 Member
    I use mine for afternoon snacks. My fave recipe: baby spinach, kale, fresh frozen pineapple, 1/2 banana, water and non fat greek yogurt (for the protein)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    It boils down to calories. Log your calories and check your nutrition tab. If everything adds up and you feel satisfied, more power to you. I guess you'd have to try it to see if it works for you.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    It's like that old Lynyrd Skynyrd song: Gimme Back My Nutribullet.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Idea: Would you consider a whey protein powder shake for breakfast? I did this and it helped. I added flaxmeal and skim milk. The protein and a bit of fiber kept me full for hours.
    Eat your fruits and veggies instead -- much more fun.
  • sueann10
    sueann10 Posts: 74 Member
    Tried 2 nutribullets a day but it wasn't sustainable. Bought a nutribullet March 2015 and my husband and I think it is the best appliance we've ever bought. Been having a drink for breakfast almost everyday since . The base of our drinks consists of spinach, kale, banana, oats, almond milk, hemp seeds, flax seeds and sometimes chia seeds. We then add one other fruit so maybe berries, mango, cherries etc. We try to use more veggies as the calories can add up if you use more fruits. My breakfast is roughly 322 calories but we genuinely have more energy, hair and nails are better and I lost over 30lbs since then. Of course coupled with exercise and better eating habits helped as well. Our drinks take about 5 mins to make and you've got breakfast on the go. You can make some delicious and healthy smoothies. Sorry for the long post! :)