Profile by Sanford

Are any of you doing this?

Replies

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    No, but it seems costly and unnecessary. You could pretty much go to the supermarket and pick up any other "diet" food and it's equivalent to what they're selling here. The better alternative is just logging your food here on MFP and eating at a calorie deficit. However, if someone feels like they benefit from the structural aspects via personalization, easy access to recommended foods, and coaching, then I hope it works for them. However, it's not something anyone truly needs to lose weight.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I can get everything the Profile by Sanford program offers from MFP without the annual membership fee. Granted, I don't know if MFP was "developed by a health care system", but I can "smart track" my intake; I get plenty of support and "coaching" (there are some extremely knowledgable and helpful MFP members and groups here, plus I have developed a great "friends list"); I can develop my own meal plans that meet my macro needs and calorie goals. And no fees (monthly or annual) and no need for a 10% discount "products".
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Sorry, I NEED my cooking and a caloric deficit works for me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    MammaC66 wrote: »
    I have to disagree with the posters above. I agree that is is somewhat expensive, but you can't get the same "diet" food at the supermarket. I have been on the Profile plan and I can tell you that it does work and it is designed to be a well balanced plan. Their products are chock full of all the vitamins and other nutrients your body needs. I was never hungry, I was a little disappointed in the followup in maintenance, but overall I think it is a great plan and the food is really good. Having said all that, I still believe that learning good habits like eating healthy food most of the time and getting plenty of exercise and making those habits a permanent way of life is still the best way to go.

Well, it works because you are eating at a calorie deficit. If you had not been eating at a calorie deficit while using this plan, you would not have lost weight.

The bottom line is that you do need a plan that will work for you in order to stay in a calorie deficit, but this can be done with everyday food from the market.

After having tried numerous fad diets, I found the only way I could lose weight and keep it off was to eat less calories than I burned and to eat real food. It made transitioning into maintenance so much easier because I'd already created good habits.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I have to disagree with the posters above. I agree that is is somewhat expensive, but you can't get the same "diet" food at the supermarket. I have been on the Profile plan and I can tell you that it does work and it is designed to be a well balanced plan. Their products are chock full of all the vitamins and other nutrients your body needs. I was never hungry, I was a little disappointed in the followup in maintenance, but overall I think it is a great plan and the food is really good. Having said all that, I still believe that learning good habits like eating healthy food most of the time and getting plenty of exercise and making those habits a permanent way of life is still the best way to go.

So are many of the products I can purchase at my local farmers market, grocery store chain or convenience store.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 135 Member
    I think I need to clear up a misconception about what I said. I totally agree that you can get all the healthy food you need to lose weight at the grocery store, farmer's market, etc. I also understand that you lose weight when you create a calorie deficit either by eating less, exercising more, or a combination of both. However, my point was that you can't get the same nutrition from bars, shakes and such that you purchase of the shelf that have the same nutrition as the Profile products. I lost most of my weight on my own, eating healthy and exercising, but I did find that the Profile plan helped me lose the last bit of weight that I was struggling with in a safe, healthy manor. For someone who needs more structure, I think it is a healthy alternative.
  • jlunski
    jlunski Posts: 1 Member
    I am in Day 4 of the Reboot Phase of Profile and I have to agree with MammaC66, other than a lack of variety the pre-packaged foods are fairly good. The misconception of the posters above is that the Profile plan is a ketogenic diet (Google it), not JUST a calorie restricted diet, there ARE other facets to it. I don't have the time or desire to methodically create a meal plan for myself so I basically am paying Sanford to do so. We (my wife and I) got in on a deal for $100 yearly membership which also includes 10% off their products. I am using Profile as a tool get myself down to a healthy weight and then using what I learn to eat better in the future.
  • ShrinkingSloth
    ShrinkingSloth Posts: 26 Member
    I'm on it!
  • cricketbird1
    cricketbird1 Posts: 16 Member
    I'm seeing there is a deal going on now for Profile for having someone join. How about 50/50?
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    This post is 18 months old.....
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I'm doing the "and Son" profile.
  • Luckybeth
    Luckybeth Posts: 6 Member
    I started the Profile diet August 5, 2016, I have lost 37 pounds and I am still losing. I am in the reboot phase and I am losing very quickly even though I do not have a lot of activity do to my fibromyalgia. I have witnessed many people at my job losing on this plan.
  • Luckybeth
    Luckybeth Posts: 6 Member
    I have been on Reboot reduce since August 5th, and have lost 51 pounds now.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    This post is 18 months old.....

Damn. Even older now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Worth bumping just for your food comment though @PaulaWallaDingDong
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Worth bumping just for your food comment though @PaulaWallaDingDong

raw
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Sorry to bump a necro thread, but I'm curious if anyone here has successfully maintained their loss using the Sanford Profile.

Quite a few of my co-workers have used the program to lose weight but none of them kept it off.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I think I need to clear up a misconception about what I said. I totally agree that you can get all the healthy food you need to lose weight at the grocery store, farmer's market, etc. I also understand that you lose weight when you create a calorie deficit either by eating less, exercising more, or a combination of both. However, my point was that you can't get the same nutrition from bars, shakes and such that you purchase of the shelf that have the same nutrition as the Profile products. I lost most of my weight on my own, eating healthy and exercising, but I did find that the Profile plan helped me lose the last bit of weight that I was struggling with in a safe, healthy manor. For someone who needs more structure, I think it is a healthy alternative.

There is nothing special about the products: https://www.profileplan.net/food/dark-chocolate-marshmallow-bars/

As a matter of fact, I could probably find you something else that actually had some micro nutrients in it.