didjulyke your workout today? - checkin thread

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,099 Member
    DDHFree wrote: »
    Fanncy, it's hard to tell if I've done enough when it comes to KB swing. It is only day 2 and my arms are sore. My fitness gadget (polar FT4) showed that I only burned 131 calories doing 20x10x25. It feels a little tiring while swinging but it's over so quickly when only doing 10 reps. I'm afraid to do more than that in case it's too much too soon. But I was hoping to burn at least 250 calories.

I sent you a PM about this!
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Didn't get to the gym until 10:30pm, so was pretty tired.

Squat: 5x5@85
    Barbell row: 5x5@65
    Bench: 2x5@45, 1x5@65, 1x4@65, then I quit - felt pain in my right tricep, actual pain, and was done.
    Plank: 1x60 seconds - I plank between sets of my bench so I got one in. I may need to reconsider plank timing.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Fanncy, it's hard to tell if I've done enough when it comes to KB swing. It is only day 2 and my arms are sore. My fitness gadget (polar FT4) showed that I only burned 131 calories doing 20x10x25. It feels a little tiring while swinging but it's over so quickly when only doing 10 reps. I'm afraid to do more than that in case it's too much too soon. But I was hoping to burn at least 250 calories.

Please let me know as well interested to know the answer
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Bleh. Stuck on 90 lb squat and form not better....
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

Please let me know as well interested to know the answer

I sent you a PM. Also I suggest reading "Simple and Sinister" by Pavel Tsatsouline Google StrongFirst or if you want I can send you info.
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    Bleh. Stuck on 90 lb squat and form not better....
    Don't think of it as being stuck. Think of it as an opportunity to work on form and strength. I didn't realize how bad my form was until I looked in a mirror and realized I wasn't parallel. I deloaded down to 65 lbs from 130 in order to have perfect form. I have slowly worked back up to 90 lbs now and am just about to add another 5 because I can feel my body is strong enough. I don't think we should obsess about adding weight but instead concentrate on strength and form then push to the next level even if it's one chain link at a time. I know I can squat a crappy 130 but my 90 is almost perfect. Plus I'm 58 years old and I have about 30 years to get to a perfect 200!
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    edited July 2016
    Not a great day. Didn't feel like going this morning, but went and kind of went through the motions. Form on the squats wasn't great. I did it though, so happy with that. AND, super happy that my fractional plates came in, so I was able to use them today. :smile:

Week 2/Workout A
    Squats: 5x5 @ 48lbs
    Bench Press: 5x5 @ 47lbs
    Pendlay Row: 5x5 for @ 47lbs

Additional:
    Flyes: 2x8 @ 10lbs
    Reverse Flyes: 2x8 @ 10lbs
    Planks: 3 @ 35sec

The scale hasn't budged this week, but trying not to get frustrated. Oh, and little to no cardio again this week because I pulled my calf (again) on Sunday. Still, I'm keeping my calories at around 1450 and protein around up at 100 grams. I'm 5'3 and 143.8. Trying to lose 15lbs while starting to lift. Ugh!

*sorry for the brief rant...
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Workout A
    Squats-1X5X65/75/85/90, 5X5X 95
    BP-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 80
    BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    22X 10 X 30

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    4 miles
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    i crawled home from work today. walked up the hill and i was still slogging even once the ground leveled back out.

not too distressed about it, given tuesday. plus every cell in my body was saying today should have been an eat-and-repair day, so i'm still trying to catch up. expecting to be ready to push down a tree by the time friday and my next real workout arrives.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I'm frickin exhausted from apartment hunting - went to three viewings all over the city last night.

In turn, did not get a lot of sleep and the lifts felt way heavier today, even if I am still on a deload.

Squat: 5x5 for 70 lbs.
    OHP: I couldn't even do two reps for 45 lbs so I scaled down to 30 lbs and got 5 sets of 6.
    Deadlift: I was too tired so I skipped it. I'm a little frustrated but with so much going on around me, I wasn't feeling it.

I finished with some calf raises, assisted dips, and an internal cry for sleep.
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Week 3, day 2 of the 5 week program to increase from 7 to 10 reps.
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-19 X 10 X 35

7 miles
  • lwhayes820
    lwhayes820 Posts: 145 Member
    Week 14/Workout A/Total Wks 14
    Squats - 5x5 @ 185lbs

Bench Press 5x5 @ 97.5lbs. Fractional plates come in handy for this lift!

Barbell Row - 5x5 & 115lbs.

Afternoon workouts are agreeing with me, so far! Lifts going well. After 16 weeks, I'll be ready to change things up.

Tomorrow is a Kettlebell day!
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Went to the gym before work fancying a spin class (yes, I know, I know!) and saw that the squat rack was free. Not being able to pass up an opportunity and being early for spin, I reserved my bike and dashed over to the rack....only to see that THE GYM HAVE INSTALLED A SECOND SQUAT RACK!!! It was like Christmas to me haha!!! Two lovely racks with lovely weights side by side. I was able to squat, and someone else was able to squat too. Simple things make me so happy!

Anyway, didn't have overly long so just did 5/5/5/5/4 @ 72.5kgs. I think I was too excited at the second squat rack to squeeze out that last rep! Then I left the beauty behind, and went off to spin.

Happy Friday everyone!
  • fanncy0626
    edited July 2016
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 95
    OHP- 1 X5X 45/50/55/60, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X 145

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-20 X 10 X 30

3 miles

I was on the road from 5 AM until 2 PM when I finally returned home. I just finished my workout. Not a lot of time for walking.
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Stronglifts Week 2, Workout B

My squats need work. I tend to push up more on my left leg and my left quad doesn't seem to like that. I just need to slow it down a bit.

Squats - 5X5 @ 51lbs
    OHP - 5X5 @ 37lbs
    DL- 1X5 @ 80

Additional:
    Hammer Curls - 2x8 @ 10lbs
    Tricep Kickbacks - 2x8 @ 10lbs
    Lat Pull Downs - 2x8 @ 40lbs

Cardio:
    I added 30 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. I won't be able to workout tomorrow, so I got them both in today :smile:
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Week 2, Workout b

Squats 2x5 45, 5x5 @ 70
    OHP 4x5 @ 45, 4 @ 45
    Deadlift 1x4 @ 100

So I had one fail on OHP, but that's an improvement over 2 fails last time. I'm struggling with deadlift, I only put one plate under and that was too short. So I did my four reps without touching the floor. I technically did 5 but form sucked on first and legs shaking at end. Any pointers on how many plates to stack or what else to try when only 25 lb plates on bar?

And it may sound crazy but I can already feel strength improvement when I ride! Loving this!!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    my foam rollers and other machinery didn't arrive, and i'm so disappointed. won't get to have the long weekend alone with them i was so sure of having. and i was counting on the little massager for sure, to 'open' my hips (boy that just sounds so wrong, doesn't it).

still, i went to t-day and finished off my 3's week. bench 65/75/85 and for whatever reason i was getting my bench press right today. i just stayed at the prescribed reps, but the thing is i was really happy with all of them. squat was a minor gong show as i read the wrong line on the whiteboard and thought the middle set was my last one. so my 'threes' for squat were actually 3x75, 5x85, 3x95. when i stood up with that last bar i really felt like 95 was way too heavy for me from the hips up, but the first rep was the shakiest. after that it felt like i settled down, but i kept it to 3 good reps anyway and didn't push to get more.

didn't get around to anything else because i was doing my turkish getups in between sets :D
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Made it to the gym. Going to be working again tomorrow, have 5 days in a row on the current schedule, so that will be better financially. It's still so hot here and even with fans running, got rather sweaty at the gym just doing lifting. Still a bit off on the schedule for the peak cycle but will get things better organized soon.

Squats - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x3 @ 135 and 4x5 @ 145
    Walkout - 215 for 20 seconds
    Pause Squats - 2x5 @ 95 with 8 second count
    Overhead Press - 3x5 @ 65
    Good Morning - 3x10 @ 65

After all the time driving and spending today with sister in her car my back has been a little sore. My legs really felt it after the pause squats in particular. Still went decent. Though just doing this peak cycle for myself. I've made the decision not to do the meet in October. While, it would be really awesome to compete in APA/WPA World, I just can't warrant spending that much. The meet alone is 125, then add plane ticket and other expenses. I'm not comfortable asking for that much as gifts either, even with a birthday coming up. So, I'll just work on PR's and then look forward to possible starting a bulk cycle soon.
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Week three, day three of increasing from 7 to 10 reps using the 35 pound kettle bell. I feel that I have successfully gained enough strength to do the 10 reps.
    25X10X35

3 miles
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    Any pointers on how many plates to stack or what else to try when only 25 lb plates on bar?

And it may sound crazy but I can already feel strength improvement when I ride! Loving this!!

Does your gym have the bigger rubber plates? Those are a godsend! Glad you're feeling stronger!