40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Returned safely from the canoe trip from Bot Scouts. I took 22 people this year for four days on the river. Sleeping on the river bank, no phone, no distractions. Ttip ended Thursday and then we had a 450 mile drive home. 11 hours with stops. I'm still tired and still sore. Weight up significantly due to DOMS.

I hope it is a "good sore"!!

What is interesting is that after the 5 day trip using lots of muscles I don't usually use my weight was up 14 pounds due to massive water retention. I was prepared for such a reaction and knew I was swollen. Then over the subsequent week i dropped 16 to end up down two.
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Today i did an hour of lifting things up and put them back down :#
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Good morning!!! Legs today...DONE!! Happy Friday!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Morning run completed. Open water swim set for tonight after work.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,977 Member
    Even though I took a break from paddling this week, I finally completed my 24 hours / month of activity challenge yesterday evening with 90 minutes of cardio when I really didn't want to do anything yesterday (or the day before that, or the day before that). Last month I got over 33 hours, but this month was a bit more challenging. Still have a few days left to see how many more hours I can get. That challenge really is motivating to get me off my butt even when I don't want to do anything.

Very happy to see a drop on the scale this morning (138.6), which puts me back to the weight I was about a year ago...now to keep it moving in the downward direction until I get to my second goal (less than 130 by end of Sept). I'm still over a pound more than my goal for the end of July (137), but given I had two crazy trips out of town with less controlled eating (high sodium eating out and too much birthday cake for my mom) than what I get when I am home, it's not too bad. Still lost 3 pounds this month, and I'm going to focus on the success of being back in the 130's and back to within 'normal BMI' range.

Love reading all the motivating posts in this thread! Everyone here is so inspirational! Thanks again for all the posts about all that you all are doing!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Good morning!!! Legs today...DONE!! Happy Friday!!

Leg day is always a killer!
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    I just found this thread and would love to join the "Cool Kids!" I'm 42 and mom of 4. Currently I'm dealing with tendonitis & bursitis in my shoulder so I've had to temporarily cut back on many types of workouts, but at least I can still run! Got my 5-mile Friday finished this morning. Happy Friday!
  • smathieu40
    smathieu40 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,

I am currently 42 and weight a 156 lbs. Not happy, weight loss has been slow. I want to get healthy and physically fit. I am having lots of trouble with the tummy weight which I never had before age 39. The goal is to get down to healthy bmi and build muscle. I am struggling some days, I work out each day and for the most part have been pretty good at tracking my food. Sigh, I will keep working at it.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    seems like I'm a member here too, not sure when I became cool tho

anyway, today's workout Turbofire HIIT 20 plus Bret Contreras Glute workout later tonight, oh and the missed portion of shoulder workout, and 10 minutes Pilate challenge. geez!!!! sounds a lot! but it really isn't!
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Still working out. I've been walking a lot, my 12 year old son and I go Pokemon hunting! Still hitting up kickboxing 3 times a week and kettlebell twice, no combat conditioning right now, they don't run the class in July and August.

@sdereski the diet really does seem to be a huge deal as we get earlier, still trying to figure that out.

@Beeps2011 , glad the medical stuff is over and life will get back to normal for you.

@alf1163 , nice to hear from you, hope you can fit in your training.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Shoulders/abs done!!! Busy fun day, pool first, then downtown to watch a show. HAPPY SATURDAY!!!
  • Djproulx
    Hope all the Cool Kids are enjoying the weekend!
    Its a big training weekend for me. Started with a hilly 60 mile bike ride, followed by a 20 min transition run this morning. Tomorrow's plan calls for a long open water swim, and a 12 mile run. In between, I will take some recovery time to rest my legs and then do a few chores around the house. The hard part for me is not eating everything in sight, since I am ravenous during the heavy volume training weeks.
  • gam3rguy
    BATTLEFROG=DONE!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,977 Member
    Top 25 for your age group @gam3rguy! Well done! Great job just doing the race, but really awesome to place so high!!
  • Djproulx
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    BATTLEFROG=DONE!!

Now THAT looks like fun! congrats.
  • gam3rguy
    it WAS fun! little sore today!
    "P90X2 X2 Balance + Power"=Done!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Leg day today! squats, Split leg squats, butt lifts, Leg press.
  • Djproulx
    Recovery time this afternoon. Finished the weekly long swim (1.2m) and long run (12 miles) this morning and I'm beat. Think I"m still feeling the effects of yesterday's cycling work. SO happy that tomorrow is a rest day. Now all I have to do is stay away from the jar of peanut butter that is calling to me from the kitchen, lol.

My A race (70.3) is three weeks from today. Was just checking out the athlete list that shows info by state, age, bib number, etc, and I counted 95 competitors registered in the Mens 55-59 age group. Can there be that many crazy old guys around??