Favorite exercises

13»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Pilates reformer is awesome, but way too expensive. So running and walking it is.
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Squat.Bench.Deadlift, dumbell row and weighted chins
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    dym123 wrote: »
    dym123 wrote: »
    Bench. Deadlift. Squat.

This, but in the appropriate order, Squat. Bench. Deadlift.

No. No. No. Bench first. So clean and precise and technical. It just feels amazing when it's working perfectly. Then deadlifts, because who doesn't love pulling 300+ pounds off the floor? Then squats. Just because it's the lift I struggle the most with technically. It's just never good enough for me.

I'm training for a competition, so right now, my life is Squat. Bench. Deadlift. But mostly Squat, because I also struggle with it for the same reason.

I'm three days out from my 15th comp, first full power meet in 18 months. Don't get me wrong, my squat is good clean deep and fast. I will just take a weak spot and work on it until it's strong. And there is always something that I can do better
  • EternalSnow627
    EternalSnow627 Posts: 33 Member
    I like to dance well I play just dance game which is fun and it seems to work for me
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    I like mixing things up.

Currently I bike 20-30 minutes a day for commute.
    I do an hour of intensive circuit training 1-2 times per week.
    I run 4-7 miles up and down a 1000 foot incline hill/mountain once every week or two.
    And sometimes I go for an extra hike or low-key bike ride in between.

• pattyandthemoos
    pattyandthemoos Posts: 79 Member
    the only exercise I really like to do is push ups. I don't know why I like them but I do. Everything else I pretty much just do.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    None.
    This is where determination rather than motivation come into play.

Cheers, h.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    None.

Cheers, h.

I enjoy all of the things I do, or I wouldn't do them. However, it hasn't always been this way. When I was out of shape, it was hard to exercise. Now that I'm fit, it's ecstatic. I love it ;)
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    cardio kickboxing and dancing to music as well as bicep curls.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    edited July 2016
    None.

Cheers, h.

I enjoy all of the things I do, or I wouldn't do them. However, it hasn't always been this way. When I was out of shape, it was hard to exercise. Now that I'm fit, it's ecstatic. I love it ;)

I am fit, I am healthy, I have been maintaining my weight for 6+ years, but exercise does not come naturally to me. Never has; never will.
    I can honestly say I do not even like it.

I have worked out consistently since 2008. Pool, classes, home, cardio, weights, but it is not within my personal comfort zone.
    I do it, I benefit from it, I get excited when I accomplish a goal, I encourage others to do it, I love what my fitness level enables me to do.
    But, if I only did the exercises I enjoyed, because I enjoyed them, I would be in a very sorry state.
    Sometimes one has to do what one doesn't enjoy.

Sorry for the detour, carry on with your favourite exercises.

Cheers, h.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    I'm happy to see that there are no masochists here that have said burpees
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Not sure if anyone has heard of/does Powerwave? I have fallen in love with it! 20 minutes of Powerwave will burn anywhere between 400-700 calories and is equivalent to 2 hours in the gym. Sometimes I want to throw up afterwards but to me, that means I've killed it. As its only 20 minutes, I find it easier to push myself through it as I know it'll be over soon iykwim? I also love swimming. I find it relaxing and its something I can do with the kids.
  • braintown
    braintown Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2016
    Kegels!!! Also swimming, dancing, canoeing, and walking the dog.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    elliptical, spinning..weights