To gym or not to gym????

Hello,

I am torn over what to do (or what not to do). I have a long run scheduled for tomorrow morning that will involve quite a bit of hill work. I have already finished today's run and have the opportunity to go to the gym on my lunch hour. I really want to take advantage of this opportunity but I KNOW if I do my regular routine (Stronglifts) my legs will be feeling it on tomorrow's run. What should I do? I really want to go but logic says no...maybe I should do a kettlebell workout instead?

Thoughts appreciated:)

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I would say no...especially if you have a lot of hill work tomorrow. Don't want to make it too tough!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Do stronglifts and leave out the leg work.
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »

But that's my favorite part, lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Depends if your run is training for a race, or just a run?
  • VanderTuig1976

Training for a race.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

Training for a race.

I would make the run a priority then
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

Training for a race.

I would make the run a priority then

Agreed. Oh, and this too:
    Hornsby wrote: »

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Your lifting and running schedule should have been put together with each other in mind. So I'm confused as to why they are conflicting. Your body needs adequate rest and recovery.......cramming in extra workouts to a well thought out training plan will only lead to injury.
  • VanderTuig1976
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Your lifting and running schedule should have been put together with each other in mind. So I'm confused as to why they are conflicting. Your body needs adequate rest and recovery.......cramming in extra workouts to a well thought out training plan will only lead to injury.

My running and lifting schedule do complement each other. Like I said in my OP, I had the opportunity to get in an extra gym session today but was wondering if that was wise due to tomorrow's planned long run.