WOMEN ages 50+ FOR JULY 2016

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    shelaghcol wrote: »
    :/ I keep losing this thread. Is there a way to find it easily?

Shelaghcol – I’m sure by now someone has answered your question. You need to ‘bookmark’ the sight by clicking on the outline of a star at the upper right-hand part of screen. The after that click on gray star between bell and gear. Also, on the last day of the month, Barbiecat will post a link for the upcoming month. Click on it and you will need to click on the outline of the star to bookmark that month.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    stat for the day:
    spin- 2hr 13min, 83ar, 79aw, 9-14g, 150mhr, 32.8mi = 1006cal
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    What gets me are the 'big girls' with the short-short, really, really short shorts, barely covers the fannies. Just because it is made in your size, does not mean you should wear it.

Isn't that the truth! I have found a few threads on cellulite here on MFP! :)

BTW I might be being nosy.. say if I am please.... Is there a story behind your screen name?

Both are acronyms: Girls Raised In The South and Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress. Definitely the first; not so much the second because of the WINOS on this site ... which stands for Women In Need Of Support.

Lenora
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    @summertime19 Lenora explained this to us - lets see if I remember correctly: Girls Raised In The South and Southern Ladies Under Tremendous Stress...is that right, Lenora?

Yep; and all of us are WINOS - Women In Need Of Support <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    <3
  • MightyLolo
    MightyLolo Posts: 504 Member
    edited July 2016
    Happy Weekend, ladies!
    I broke in a new trainer yesterday; she's a big skier, with a degree in sports kinesiology, and young enough to be my daughter. My old trainer made such a big deal of me, she was kind of intimidated, oh my goodness. All that aside, I think we're going to get along great...and my hip and low back muscles are sore today. :sweat_smile:

thoughts on cellulite:

https://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/the-dirty-little-secret-of-the-female-athlete-cellulite

Larisa in Seattle
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Barbie - Don't line dancing shoes have to have soles that slide? I am considering buying some new "character shoes" , which are the ones I use for ballroom dancing, as I did on the cruise. It's important I can pivot in them.

Love Heather UK )

:) I have danced for years in shoes that don't slide easily and they work for me. My most recent shoes were the Skechers shoes with the the thick bouncy soles and they worked great for me until they suddenly started to feel funny....Jake says that the soles probably broke down after so much wear and need to be thrown away. If my new shoes don't work for dancing, then I'll go to the dance apparel store about an hour away from here and buy shoes specially designed for dancing.

<3 Barbie

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Afternoon ladies,it has been a relaxing day...watched the sun come up,took a nap went to get Lobsters with my brother,having a nice lobster dinner tonight.and yup got over 10'000 steps...
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    Afternoon ladies,it has been a relaxing day...watched the sun come up,took a nap went to get Lobsters with my brother,having a nice lobster dinner tonight.and yup got over 10'000 steps...

This is how your life should be.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    And yes Barbie- I cherish this time,my brother is spoiling both my dad and I and it's just the 3 of us,and my brother is Sober...praise the Lord..
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Re and Dr Katie, loved the pictures. Re, you can really, really tell you weight loss. Congrats.

I did sleep in qgain this morning, didn't set the alarm at all.so I got my shower and feel much better.my big problem is my legs.i guess it's muscles in my legs I am feeling. It feels some one is taking the muscles in my upper legs and twisting them. My outer thighs hurt enough because of the bursitis in both legs. So my entire legs hurt.

Discharge is set for tomorrow. The on call family doc came in while I was here. I also helped teach him in FamilyrCtice Residencyand he is a neat guy. Charlies hemoglobin was normal when he had his labs before the ileostomy went down enough to have 2 units of blood while in. They are now down again,not as low but enough that I was concerned. So he told me to buy some iron pills. He has a lot of itching and our Benadryl pills are expired so I will also get that. So I am off to SAMs to pick up a boat load of refills and other drugs.

Joyce, indiana
  • pipcd34
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,722 Member
    Way, way, way behind on reading... So sorry I've not been keeping up with all of your victories and struggles.

We are 13 days away from taking younger son to college ... Over 700 miles away. The crunch is on to pick up everything he needs for a traditional dorm room. Nothing fancy for the boys at this school.

My eating and exercising plans went out the window weeks ago and July has been an emotional roller coaster that had not helped. One minute I can see my son thriving on his own and in the next minute I'm convinced he'll be dead after 2 days!

It is my intent to focus on me as soon as the dust settles. Remind of that in a few weeks, ok?

Beth near Buffalo
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Re and Katie~ Your pics really show the journey you two have been on. GOOD ON YA!

Becca
    Oregon
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Great day today! Grocery store shopping, walking for 2 hrs (slow pace) up and down ALL the isles. Came home and rearranged my kitchen! Received 6 mason jars with lids to put stuff in, leftovers etc. Those lids are ok if I use them, putting them in really hot water for a moment right? They are new, but with the seal part, I just don't want to breed bacteria.

Becca
    Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34