5'3" - 5'4" ladies, what are your weight goals?

Replies

• hlltwin
    hlltwin Posts: 55 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    hlltwin wrote: »
    cnbbnc wrote: »
    I'm 5'4 and maintaining at 114.

You do what's right for you but I remember being that small in high school (same height) and I looked like a stiff breeze would knock me over, all skin and bones.

Good luck ladies in your weight journey.

@cnbbbq Looks great. She is slim but she has fitness and physique goals. This was a very strange comment.

I thought so, too. I'm weighing in at 118.6 as of yesterday morning and I am far from "skin and bones." In fact, I highly suspect at 114-115 I will be mostly "muscle and awesomeness."

Yeah, it works well for some. And I happen to know that she wants to bulk which is why she got very lean and had to drop that low. I personally cannot weigh 115. I looked like I needed a burger badly at 128.

Oh, absolutely! You look fantastic at your current weight. In fact, sometimes I wonder what I'm doing wrong that I have to get so low to get the body I want. I see women 20 pounds heavier than I am with the same (or lower) body fat and I can't figure out where they are keeping it!

That's all I meant. I certainly didn't mean to offend. Some people look good at a lighter weight than others. It's all in how you carry your weight. I'm sorry if my words were taken as offensive as that was not what I meant. I'll be more careful in the future.
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 128, a weight I maintained and was happy with for many years before lifestyle changes and illness caused me to put on weight.

I'm more than halfway there!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,494 Member

You do what's right for you but I remember being that small in high school (same height) and I looked like a stiff breeze would knock me over, all skin and bones.

@cnbbbq Looks great. She is slim but she has fitness and physique goals. This was a very strange comment.

I thought so, too. I'm weighing in at 118.6 as of yesterday morning and I am far from "skin and bones." In fact, I highly suspect at 114-115 I will be mostly "muscle and awesomeness."

Yeah, it works well for some. And I happen to know that she wants to bulk which is why she got very lean and had to drop that low. I personally cannot weigh 115. I looked like I needed a burger badly at 128.

Oh, absolutely! You look fantastic at your current weight. In fact, sometimes I wonder what I'm doing wrong that I have to get so low to get the body I want. I see women 20 pounds heavier than I am with the same (or lower) body fat and I can't figure out where they are keeping it!

That's all I meant. I certainly didn't mean to offend. Some people look good at a lighter weight than others. It's all in how you carry your weight. I'm sorry if my words were taken as offensive as that was not what I meant. I'll be more careful in the future.

It's okay. People get sensitive about their weight regardless of whether they are called too big or too small. :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

I think I may have read your post with a different tone than you had written it. I see "skin and bones" and get defensive sometimes!
  • darlenagoodwin
    darlenagoodwin Posts: 1 Member
    I just turned 62 and I am almost 5'3". I started at 168 and I am now at 156. My goal is 135 and I AM going to do this!
  • Feenin2BFit
    Feenin2BFit Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'4 currently 250lbs my goal weight for now is 175lbs
  • arditarose
    grazer432 wrote: »
    I'm 5' 4 1/2 and I'm 121lbs currently. My highest was about 149 but I've been maintaining in the 130s for the past few years. My goal weight is 118 but I'm getting close and I'm thinking that 110 might work better for me. But mostly I'm planning to carry on eating the way I am and see where I end up weight wise. I'm more interested in trying starting to do some exercise and trying to get a little bit of muscle tone.

Picture at 135 and a picture at 122
    drhcc4p6xyyc.jpg4ua98ct9588o.jpg

You have a nice physique. Good groundwork for body recomposition/adding muscle. If you have any questions about getting started, let us know!
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    5'3 48yrs old.. Started at 143 now 138.. Goal 120 or so ..small boned..was 107 in college but older now think 120 or so would be right for me now
  • jsantos1201
    jsantos1201 Posts: 2 Member
    130lb-140lb :)
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Interesting thread. I've been a bit lost as to what my goal is at this point. I'm somewhere between 5'3" and 5'4", started in Feb 2015 at 208. I've been hovering between 150 and 155 since March 2016. I've been doing some resistance work all along -- started with bodyweight/yoga, then added TRX a few months in, and have been working with a trainer for the last couple months to transition to heavy lifting. I definitely have more to lose to get where I want to be but no sense of how that will translate to the scale, which is both liberating and scary in a way. I dunno. It's been bugging me a bit.

Sorry for the ramble -- I guess all that is to say I hope I'll know when I get there. :)
  • arditarose
    scr183 wrote: »
    Interesting thread. I've been a bit lost as to what my goal is at this point. I'm somewhere between 5'3" and 5'4", started in Feb 2015 at 208. I've been hovering between 150 and 155 since March 2016. I've been doing some resistance work all along -- started with bodyweight/yoga, then added TRX a few months in, and have been working with a trainer for the last couple months to transition to heavy lifting. I definitely have more to lose to get where I want to be but no sense of how that will translate to the scale, which is both liberating and scary in a way. I dunno. It's been bugging me a bit.

Sorry for the ramble -- I guess all that is to say I hope I'll know when I get there. :)

140 is toward the top of a healthy weight range for our height. You could also just set mini 5 pound goals. It is really hard to tell where you want to end up though, I get it. I still don't know!
  • scr183
    @arditarose You might be onto something with the 5-lb increments. The other thing giving me fits right now is actually sticking to a deficit since adding lifting into the mix. Some days I do okay, and then others I am beyond ravenous and wipe out my progress. Sigh. But -- maybe if I take it in small chunks with breaks in between I'll do better. Something to think about. Thanks! :)
  • arditarose
    @arditarose You might be onto something with the 5-lb increments. The other thing giving me fits right now is actually sticking to a deficit since adding lifting into the mix. Some days I do okay, and then others I am beyond ravenous and wipe out my progress. Sigh. But -- maybe if I take it in small chunks with breaks in between I'll do better. Something to think about. Thanks! :)

Yeah it can be hard to lift in a deficit. What kind of program are you doing? It's suggested to keep intensity high, and volume on the lowish side, which can help you adhere to a diet a little better. You can also try calorie cycling so that you can eat more on the days you know you will be hungry from lifting (either the day of, or like me-the day after).
  • scr183

Yeah it can be hard to lift in a deficit. What kind of program are you doing? It's suggested to keep intensity high, and volume on the lowish side, which can help you adhere to a diet a little better. You can also try calorie cycling so that you can eat more on the days you know you will be hungry from lifting (either the day of, or like me-the day after).

She's got me on something she has adapted from, I think, Body for Life, and frankly I don't love it. She prefers to work with a higher rep range (10-15) and do a ton of supersetting. I'm currently lifting a total of 4 days a week. I have two sessions left in the package I bought and then I am planning to just start running Stronglifts. I'm still glad I went the trainer route because she has taken care to teach me form on the lifts I need, but I won't stick with her programming. Sounds like Stronglifts might be better for me in more ways than one.
  • arditarose

She's got me on something she has adapted from, I think, Body for Life, and frankly I don't love it. She prefers to work with a higher rep range (10-15) and do a ton of supersetting. I'm currently lifting a total of 4 days a week. I have two sessions left in the package I bought and then I am planning to just start running Stronglifts. I'm still glad I went the trainer route because she has taken care to teach me form on the lifts I need, but I won't stick with her programming. Sounds like Stronglifts might be better for me in more ways than one.

Yep. I did the same, with a trainer. I went straight to Wendlers but I think Strong Lifts first is a good idea.
  • cmuise19
    cmuise19 Posts: 42 Member
    5'2 . Don't really weigh myself that often, but my last known weight was 135. But definitely think I did get higher than that. and looking to get around 110. At 125 right now
  • aliciab50
    aliciab50 Posts: 6 Member
    5'4"
    SW 164
    CW 157
    GW 140

I'm 47 years old. I hope to reach 140. Ideally I would like to be 130, but I haven't seen that since college.
  • AuburnL
    AuburnL Posts: 13 Member
    40 years old
    5'4"

SW was 194. Current weight is 185. GW is 155 which is what I weighed before I had kids. That's a weight I know I can achieve, maintain and feel good at. I don't care at all about BMI. I know that if I exercise consistently I both look good and feel great at 155 and since I have no health concerns currently, It's not worth the constant struggle to get to or maintain at a weight lower than that for me.
  • rstebner
    rstebner Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'4" - Started at 147 down to 127. Goal is 115 with some muscles... I'll need to cut lower and then lean bulk to add the muscle.