40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    I forgot about this thread! I hope you've all had a good weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    This cool kid, takes weekends off
    I did about two hours of walk yesterday and Pilate challenge
    Got the Pilate challenge done for today too, Bret C's glute work plus a 45 min walk coming up later
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 X2 Core"=Done!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hello fellow old-people :)

I personally prefer the term 'vintage' to 'old' ;) (Though in my SUP racing world it's 'masters'...still not sure what I've 'mastered' since some of the kids have been racing longer than I have, but I'll take it.)

Congrats on your SV/NSV!! Keep up the good work!

• bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Busy weekend for me running errands, fixing stuff around the house, and school work. Managed to fit some short walks in. Wanted to eat everything yesterday, but restrained. Kettle bell routine complete for the day.
  • MJFSH
    Turbo fire fire 45
    Perfect summer shred, chest, triceps, abs do one!
    And that was just the beginning! Did shopping, cooked,cleaned walked the dog etc etc etc
    Need to get back to work so I can sit on my *kitten* a bit too
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 Plyocide"=Done!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I may not meet the coolness requirement, but certainly 40&...Is there a high end age limit? :) In my final training weeks for this season's "A" race in late August, so its a bike/run day for me.

No end age limit :) I'm 52 and haven't gotten kicked out yet...oh wait a minute I created this thread. LOL Welcome!!!

As I approach 50 I wondered if I would have to find a new thread!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    alf1163 wrote: »
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I may not meet the coolness requirement, but certainly 40&...Is there a high end age limit? :) In my final training weeks for this season's "A" race in late August, so its a bike/run day for me.

No end age limit :) I'm 52 and haven't gotten kicked out yet...oh wait a minute I created this thread. LOL Welcome!!!

As I approach 50 I wondered if I would have to find a new thread!!

I'm 51...I just figured 51 > 40 when I joined...there is also a group for those over 50 if you are interested - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group. Nice folks over there too. But I do like the daily workout updates here.
  • MJFSH
    Good Morning cool kids!!!!!

Cardio: HIIT 20
    Strength: it's Leg day baby!
    and usual yoga/Pilate thingy at night

and that's my day! hope yours is great too!
  • bigme3505
    bigme3505 Posts: 85 Member
    I'll be 40 in a few months, but with the gray hair I easily pass for 40, so I'm hoping you guys will make an exception and let me join the club.
  • MJFSH
    bigme3505 wrote: »
    I'll be 40 in a few months, but with the gray hair I easily pass for 40, so I'm hoping you guys will make an exception and let me join the club.

sorry!!!! but almost 40 is not cool enough! you need to be 40 or over to be allowed! LOL

kidding, kidding!

you are more than welcome to join in! :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    bigme3505 wrote: »

Would be glad to give you a few extra months to make the minimum age requirement, since I have an excess. ;)

Rest day has come and gone, so now it's back to training. The morning fun was 53 minutes on the bike trainer doing one of my favorite indoor cycling workouts.(www.thesufferfest.com) It starts with some short spins, then features a main set of 5 x 4min max intervals with 3 min recovery between each one, followed by a cool down.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Too many classmates dying. :'( mid 50s seems to be about the limit for those who were smoking and drinking heavily.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Too many classmates dying. :'( mid 50s seems to be about the limit for those who were smoking and drinking heavily.

so sad.
    3 of my husbands coworkers have died in less than a year. All mid 40's - 50s.
  • BillMcKay1
    BillMcKay1 Posts: 315 Member
    HIt 200lbs for my squats and 240 for my deadlifts yesterday. Still aways to get back to what I did back in my 30's, but feeling stronger than I have in years.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    No workout yesterday.
    Lunch meeting at work. Overate yesterday but had a small portion of dinner last night. Plan to cut some calories today. (hopefully, the calories will even out ;)

No yoga tonight. Back to school shopping for kids after work. Planning a mini workout tonight at home. DVD maybe?
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    This looks to be a fun group. May I join?