BR-5X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Russian kettle bell swing-22X10X 30

Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge
    3 miles
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Last night's squat session:

squat - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95, 1x5 @ 135, 4x5 @ 155 and 3 of the last sets were with belt
    walkout - 215 for 20 count
    pause squats 1x4 @ 100 and 1x5 @ 95
    sumo deadlifts - 1x6 @ 135, 3x5 @ 155 last 2 sets were with the belt

Even though I can do without the lifting belt, it's good to practice it since I use it on the heavy sets. 155 feels awfully heavy though. Sometimes it's hard to believe I was getting up to 200 on squat before. The move proved more of a challenge in consistency than I had anticipated.
  • Bmoremama
    Bmoremama Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2016
    OK today felt super challenging. I've been feeling a bit off though so maybe something is up with me. Only failed on bench but wow did I fail - struggled on my fourth rep every set so didn't even try a fifth.

Squat: 2x5@45, 1x3@75, 5x5@105lbs
    Bench press: 2x5@45, 5x4@70lbs
    Barbell Row: 5x5@75

I'll plank later. Maybe.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,080 Member
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Workout
    Week four, day three of life program transitioning from 7 reps to 10 using the 35 pound kettle bell.
    GobletSquats- 3X5 x35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35

3 miles
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    !

[/quote]

How do you copy this from SL App to MFP? [/quote]
    lwhayes820 wrote: »
    Hello Ladies!

Good day today. I'm struggling on OHP but I'm not surprised. I tried the Olympic bar today and it's still too heavy. Will try again on Friday before I go back to the baby bar on Monday if I must.

Went up with fractionals on my squat, and hope to make 100 pounds on Friday.

Deadlift was great. I think I have one more increase before I stall. It felt close today.

I skipped all the accessory work today since I was in a time crunch.

ryhitd8pocda.png

How do you copy this from SL App to MFP?

I take a screen shot on my iPhone and then load it as a picture on mfp.
  • DawnEmbers
    Did upper body before work. Since some days I work until 11 pm and other days I work in the morning, my lifting times vary too. There are people there most of the time, though haven't had troubles using the power cage yet. Getting to the gym and leaving are the struggles more with traffic and such. That and wanting to do some food challenges on youtube but harder to balance when on the lower calories of this pesky deficit. ;-)

bench press - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 4x5 @ 85
    overhead press - 2x8 @ 45, 3x5 @ 65
    tricep pushdown - 3x10 @ 35
    pallor press - 3x10 @ 20

First time showering at the gym but decided it was better than driving home then driving to work. Took a while to get near where I work, followed by trying to find a parking spot (oh hollywood).

Sunday is fun day. Going to Warped Tour with my sister. We have an interview to conduct (not sure who it is with exactly) and then a bunch of bands to watch. It should be fun.
  • kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Forgot to check in yesterday's workout.

SQ 5X5 @72.5kgs
    OHP 5X5 @ 27.5kgs
    DL 1X5@ 85Kgs

Bodycombat class and 22 pushups on my toes.

Shoulders are aching today so glad of the rest day. Back in the gym tomorrow!!
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Workout B
    Squat- 1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X95
    OHP- 1X5 45/50/55/60, 55
    DL- 1 X5X 145

Kettlebell Swing
    19 X 10 X 30

5 miles
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Was going to lift today, but had some pretty bad back pain while mowing the lawn. Had to stop and come back hours later to finish up...turning and bending was really hurting
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    took tree's advice to just keep on truckin' and pretend this entire week of i-can't-even-picture-myself-in-the-gym ever happened. 5/3/1 week and i was scared of it, given a week of slacking, but so far so good - it's looking like fit was right. i was a little conservative though. just did one lift and then just two main accessory things.

did squats at 80/90/100, and three reps on the last set. so that's too real to feel like a fluke . . . i guess it actually happened. one hundred pound squats!

accessory 1: rows. i don't think they were full pendlay rows, more like the incline kind because my lower back was the reason why i was not in the gym and i just didn't want the full pendlay angle. i don't think they could have been pendlay rows . . . because i got this idea that i'm going to make them a 'real' lift a la stronglifts, and not just accessory work. got the additional idea that it would be hilarious to be able to say that i can row more than i bench, so i 5-3-1'd rows at my bench press weights for this week. 70-80-90. yeah, they can't have been real pendlay rows. there's no way.

accessory 2: eccentric chins. because after i finished doing my non-pendlay rows i got the guilts and the concern that maybe i hadn't been working my lats and my back after all. i think i did six, know that i did at least four. but i was basically watching the olympic women on vault and uneven bars most of the time, so it wasn't like i was counting really. i'd do a rep in the fluff sections, stop to watch the routines, do another rep or two while the commercials were on . . .

waiter walks for my shoulders don't count as accessory, more just like rehab/prehab. i moved myself up to the 14lb kettlebell from the 9, and i did all the circuits base up, not just slung over the back of my hand. pretty pleased and proud of myself, actually. because gripping hell out of the thing to keep it upside down like that feels like the physio people are right - it actually does ripple all the way down into your shoulder capsule.

gym-scale weight: 137 again. lower than i thought it was going to be, actually.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    edited August 2016
    Thursday: horseback riding (feeling some knee pain)

Friday:

Squat 5x5 @ 85
    Bench 5x5 @ 60
    Row 5x5 @ 65

Saturday: horseback riding. Serious knee pain. I did some research and decided I need to turn my toes out more during squats.

Sunday:

OHP 5x3, 3x3, 5x5 @ 50 lbs

Squats 5x5 @ 75 lbs (dropped back 10 lbs to try new position)
    New position squats felt great, no pain. Then I tried to walk away from the squat rack and had a cramp/shooting pains in shin/below knee area. No deadlifts due to the awful knee pain, which bummed me out.

Still tender today. So I'm resting the next couple of days (maybe some yoga tonight if i feel up for it). I'm hoping it is just that the new position caused different muscles to work that weren't used to it, but idk. If I keep struggling will try to get hubby to video me for a form check.
  • fanncy0626
    Stronglifts Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Week five, day 1, I am actually skipping this week because it is a deload week and I only do this if I need to. So I am starting back at my modified version of week one to fit into my workout plans. I will now be transitioning from using the 30 pound kettle bell during strong lift workout days to the 35 pound kettle bell for the next four weeks. At the end of that time I will transition into a heavier Kettlebell.
    Week one, day one using the 35 pound kettle bell during StrongLifts workout.
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 35

5 miles
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    edited August 2016
    On Saturday I got my husband to join me for the exercise! I forgot that I've never worked out with someone taller than me.. does anyone else? Do you move the bar supports every time if you're rotating?

Saturday's workout:
    squat 5x5 @ 85 lb
    ohp 5x5 @ 50 lb
    dl 1x5 (and another 3 or so to show form to hubby) @ 105 lb.

Today or tomorrow marks my next workout. I'd like to do it today, but I have softball so I might not have time.

@Kirstie155 I hope your back is okay!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    I went to the gym yesterday. I was concerned about squats after my hip pain issue so I did some extra warm ups and dynamic stretching before in hopes that it would help. No hip pain today so I think it worked!

Squats - 2x5 @ 45, 1x5 @ 85, 5x5 @ 125
    OHP - 2x5 @ 45, 4/3/2/3/4 @ 75 - bleh!
    Deadlift - 1x5 @ 135, 1x5 @ 165, 1x3 @ 175 - bleh! The gym had no chalk which I usually use on my heavy set. Maybe that psyched me out, who knows. Oh well, next time!
  • DDHFree
    DDHFree Posts: 502 Member
    Workout A
    Squats 83 lbs 4x6
    Bench Press 63 lbs 4/6

Kettlebell Swings 21x10x25
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Took the weekend off. awajz49m3jrn.png

Question: I was thinking of doing SL every other day, so that some weeks would be four days of lifting. Mainly I just like it and want to do more! Would there be any drawbacks? Does anybody else do this?
  • fanncy0626
    Question: I was thinking of doing SL every other day, so that some weeks would be four days of lifting. Mainly I just like it and want to do more! Would there be any drawbacks? Does anybody else do this?

I do that most of the time. I also kettle bell swing after each set during StrongLifts and I Kettlebell swing on my rest day. The kettle bell is supposed to enhance and improve your lifting weight amount.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    fanncy0626 wrote: »

I do that most of the time. I also kettle bell swing after each set during StrongLifts and I Kettlebell swing on my rest day. The kettle bell is supposed to enhance and improve your lifting weight amount.

Thanks! I'll give it a go. :) I'd like to get a kettle bell someday, it looks like fun!
  • DawnEmbers
    @VeryKatie - I suspect at the gym guys don't even ask to work in with me for squats is that I'm 4'11.5", so would mean moving it between each set. Only time I've worked with a guy on equipment was the leg press, once. Some gyms have more than one rack but others just either swap them out or do different things near enough to each other, when going the together route, it seems. That or the taller one stoops a little more but not ideal, though seen some guys work with each other around that issue but it was a rack with fixture so it had permanent spots to set instead of having the moveable option.

Lifting day. Yesterday I went to Warped tour, so had to do my usual Sunday deadlift day on Monday instead of resting. Today, thought I had work at 9 am as that was what it had said at one point. Turns out I didn't have work until 11 am and tomorrow I work at 7 am instead of 9. Had 2 hours to waste and it wasn't worth dealing with traffic, driving home and losing parking spot, so spent it in Starbucks. Busy at work with not having enough people (we've had a few quit and a couple are leaving for school) yet time went by slow. Then went to the gym for deadlift day. Had a guy ask about the rack part way through my first lifts, so tried not to take too long but still got things done.

front squat - 2x8 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65, 3x6 @ 85
    good morning - 3x10 @ 85

deadlift - 1x6 @ 135, 1x3 @ 185 and with belt 3x5 @ 205

cable kickback - 3x10 per leg @ 10

Deadlift went better this time as I didn't get the 205 for the reps needed last week. Did the belt on all three sets but being consistent will help for sure and I can start building up to hopefully new PRs. Have morning shifts so trying to get some food then it is time for bed.
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hi Ladies!
    All 3 lifts broke personal bests.. I'm finding with 2+ rest days that I am breaking PR's more consistently.. also I'm eating at 2200-2400/maintenance cals which is helping I think.

Here is my workout from last night. :smiley:
    Stronglifts 5x5 Week 13

Treadmill Walk/sprint 1/2 mile
    Squat: 5x5 130 lbs
    Bench Press: 5x5 80 lbs
    Pendlay Rows: 5x5 90 lbs

Accessories (HIIT Style)
    Face pulls: 3x10 70lbs
    Assisted dips: 3x10 90lbs