LCD Chat...

Replies

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I'm so Canadian. I will jump in and help if someone looks lost on the train or is talking amongst themselves about directions.

...or maybe I'm just a Nosey Rosey.

Me too! Haha!! CANADIANS UNITE!! LOL
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    @midwesterner That's really funny! I have had it happen to me - I got mistaken for a waitress at a few restaurants because I was wearing my all black Starbucks uniform at the time...

But really, sometimes it is difficult to find people who work at the stores - especially retail clothing stores with no set uniform!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    I'm still cracking up about the resting nice face.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I have the worst case of RBF. Plus I live in southern WV but I'm from DC so I have kind of a harsh monotone voice and everyone else has a southern accent. So I like to say I also have the vocal equivalent of RBF. I swear I'm really nice I just don't look or sound that way. Also I'm pretty introverted so I have trouble making small talk with strangers. Also when I'm being sarcastic people think I'm serious and often when I'm being serious people tell me I'm so funny. I'm a mess!!! lol
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    If I screamed that now (3:43am) my poor sleeping husband would have die either from fright or from falling down the stairs trying to get down here to find out what's wrong! So... maybe later I'll scream that out ;) haha
  • Phrick
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    I'm so Canadian. I will jump in and help if someone looks lost on the train or is talking amongst themselves about directions.

...or maybe I'm just a Nosey Rosey.

Since I traveled so much for work I know many airports like the back of my hand - I'm that person who will always jump in and help when someone is lost or finding their way. Sometimes it doesn't work out so well for me though - I want to help but I have no desire for small talk with strangers at an airport gate. I once spent 2 minutes to tell a woman where she needed to be and it happened to be close to where I needed to be...I spent the next two hours learning all about her life.

So is it weird I don't want to do that in airports but on here I want to know about everyone?
  • ProCoffeenator
    Good morning everyone!
    It's Something Sunday!

My brain just won't work for me this morning! So you guys get to think of your own title for today!

I feel like I cleaned all day yesterday. Knowing my kids when they wake up it will look like I did nothing all day! I did manage to make some curtains for my bedroom they aren't finished but I hung them up anyways. I'm going to put some wooden beads on them eventually. I also got around to finally fixing my body pillow that had a few bursting seams. Oops!

I really wanted to do my Bollywood exercise video last night but I've somehow lost my DVDs remote in my recent cleaning obsessions. So I decided to try out some kickboxing instead. I didn't have one lb gloves to wear so I though I could use my 2lb weights instead! Ha! My arms never knew what hit them! I will say it was fun, and my arms definately need the toning and strength! They were still in shock when I went on to my yoga for the evening which led to some really shaky poses.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to enjoy my coffee and fantasize about the bacon I'll be eating in a little while....
  • Phrick
    Do Something Sunday? Something you don't normally find/make time for during the week. I think I'll go to the park with my Pokemon-chasing kiddo.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Thanks, @Phrick Do Something Sunday sounds perfect for me. I went to vigil Mass so the only thing scheduled is a soak in the Jacuzzi to ease my sore back and thighs. My other goal is to get my floors cleaned. (Dark, dark wood floors and a shedding orange tabby don't go together very well.) And when the heat climbs to over 85 I'll be sitting with my crocheting and a pitcher of ice water.
  • RowdysLady
    Um....does sleeping til Noon count as something on a Sunday? I couldn't get going today at all - that coupled with a lousy headache...I did make keto pancakes for the kids at lunch and put some deer chili (no beans) in crockpot...and watched a LOT of TLC shows...
  • RowdysLady
    I donated a bunch of my old clothes, mainly because I am downsizing for my move - it felt liberating.

I kept some of the more expensive pieces...maybe I can get those tailored.

I think you should take the plunge @RowdysLady. You will feel better!

You are probably right...maybe this next weekend....
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Sunday was spent cleaning/organizing. I moved several pieces of furniture to open up more space, provide storage in rooms that needed it. Of course, as I started I kept seeing other small tasks I wanted done...re-potting plants, extra dusting, oiling wood, mopping all floors... was getting out of hand. Decided to designate a cut-off time and focus on 3 areas...that was my workout for the day. :)
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I was out late Sat. night... went to bed about 4-5 hours later than normal, so I slept in until 11am. So I called it a lazy Sun. Did the last thing due yesterday for class, mowed the lawn, did laundry, some other cleaning, and sealed up seams and holes in all of the visible areas of ducts in the basement (it might help a little with energy efficiency, and it is easy, so...).

I noticed there is a rapidly growing fungus on the trunk of my giant silver maple (by giant, I mean my best estimate based on measurements and average growth rate is that it's about 243 years old). The good news is that the fungus has been identified as an oyster mushroom, which is edible if I choose. I need to look at the macros on that and find some recipes.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Afternoon everyone.
    It's Man Down Monday for me. Well it should be woman down, but you get the point.
    Went to bed with an achey hip woke up and could barely walk and the pain now goes from knee to under my ribs on the side. Ugh.
    Called off work, hate the idea of that since I really can't afford any missed days.
    So it's eating on plan, drinking lots of liquids and taking painkillers.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Get well soon @ProCoffeenator!

Today has been your standard Monday...getting caught up from the weekend at work. But it does make time go by faster, so I guess that is a plus.

Weekend was pretty busy...very social. My boyfriend's mother is in town visiting so we went out and had some dinner/drinks. Also have friends visiting from Toronto so I met up with them as well. All this running around has made me a bit tired.

But that's where coffee comes in. It is definitely my saviour on days like today. Got my workout in...albeit had to skip the bench due to time constraints and both of them being used up, but I can add it to tomorrow's work out.

So I have a confession to make: I have never really watched Seinfeld before. I bring this up because my boyfriend and his mother had been watching it while I came over and while I kind of know about it...I have never really sat down and watched it. Do you guys like it? If so, what episodes do you suggest I watch?