Cloud bread No carbs, love that.

walker1world
walker1world Posts: 259 Member
My job was having a pitchin. I decided to make cloud bread. So I had to get up early to make it. Even though it would have been better to make it last night so it could rest over night. I tried to make a cinnamon style and a garlic style. To give a little flavor. The sad part is this is my fasting day so I was not able try any.

Replies

• sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    What is cloud bread, and how do u make it?
  • aquablue_1111
    aquablue_1111 Posts: 40 Member
    Cloud bread is basically made of eggs and cream cheese then you bake it. The texture is light/fluffy/foamy?. I made it once because I'd seen it advertised as 'the recipe everyone is talking about' while I was surfing the internet. (Ah...the stuff you get sucked into when you're on the computer at midnight...lol.)

Since it has no/little carbs and kind of has the texture/taste of bread, people on a LCHF diet like it as a replacement for bread. I thought it tasted pretty good and like I said, I didn't try it because I wanted to avoid carbs.

It's a really easy recipe without a ton of ingredients, you should try it!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    sounds like meringue with cream cheese to keep it chewy.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    I made it with sour cream instead of cream cheese once as well and it was very tasty. I do not add the sweetener, I prefer to sprinkle some garlic salt on the top and keep them savory.
  • walker1world
    I made it with sour cream instead of cream cheese once as well and it was very tasty. I do not add the sweetener, I prefer to sprinkle some garlic salt on the top and keep them savory.

Wow I will try all of that. Sounds great.
  • Cryren8972
    Cryren8972 Posts: 142 Member
    When is the best time to eat it? I just made some, and I've seen conflicting information. I've heard right away, and I've heard that you need to put it in a baggie and store overnight.
  • Cellgirl99
    Cellgirl99 Posts: 27 Member
    I've never made them but the videos I've watched on Ebay says once cool put them in a baggie overnight and eat the next day. Let us know how they turned out.
    Cryren8972 wrote: »
    When is the best time to eat it? I just made some, and I've seen conflicting information. I've heard right away, and I've heard that you need to put it in a baggie and store overnight.

• shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2016

I was not a fan of cloud bread when I tried it. The egg whites confound me and then I didn't care for the taste. I just made these last night and was much happier with them. Also easier to make for me. http://www.findingradiance.com/2011/02/24/magic-rolls-eades-low-carb-comfort-foods/

944u9op09pum.jpg

g00lx1qekp1f.jpg
  • walker1world
    shinycrazy wrote: »

I was not a fan of cloud bread when I tried it. The egg whites confound me and then I didn't care for the taste. I just made these last night and was much happier with them. ]

This bread is carb loaded. Why would I try that if I an trying to eat low-carb?
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member

I was not a fan of cloud bread when I tried it. The egg whites confound me and then I didn't care for the taste. I just made these last night and was much happier with them. ]

I'd give up 3.3 carbs for something close to bread. :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member

3.3 grams of carbs is loaded for you? How many carbs are you eating?
  • walker1world

3.3 grams of carbs is loaded for you? How many carbs are you eating?

I am trying to stay in below 20 grams a day.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    have made this and calling it 'bread' is being really generous. It's so light and airy that you couldn't possibly make a sandwich out of it because it crumbles apart very easily. It tastes pretty good, but thinking of it as 'bread' really requires you to use your imagination.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    4 years into eating low carb in this way & I'd say 3.3 grams of carbs per serving is pretty darn good for any keto recipe ;)

Having made both of these recipes in the past, I preferred the eades bread to the cloud bread. Too eggy for me.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I take issue with a lot of food recipe inventions that claim to be able to take something else's place in your diet by kinda maybe looking a bit like the thing you really want. This cloud bread is a prime example. It melts in your mouth like rice paper, good luck getting it to hold its integrity with a sandwich ingredient near it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I take issue with a lot of food recipe inventions that claim to be able to take something else's place in your diet by kinda maybe looking a bit like the thing you really want. This cloud bread is a prime example. It melts in your mouth like rice paper, good luck getting it to hold its integrity with a sandwich ingredient near it.

I thought it was just me! I'm always thinking that if a diet is so restrictive that you have to look everywhere for a replacement to something you miss (that will never taste like the real thing anyway), it really can't be that sustainable.

Those low carb rolls look interesting though.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I agree that the texture of cloud bread was off-putting to me.

However, in my experience, this is generally the case with most LC reincarnations of foods we have become accustomed to not doing without.

I discovered this Thanksgiving, that at this stage of the game, carby foods were disappointing to me. Except potatoes :( they never let me down, but we are fated to be starting crossed lovers.

As a rule, I've found I'm less disappointed if I don't make 'mock' anything, per se, rather than making a bread-like thing to make sandwiches, I just skip it altogether.

I like making low carb cheddar biscuits and using the 'dough' which is more like a cross btw dough & batter, to encase fillings. As in hot pockets, calzones etc.

For me, a good deal of mock LC stuff isn't a reasonable facsimile, but if you can make it work, more power to ya!!! ;)

It helps to not be on a 'diet' B)
  • fritter1976
    fritter1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Do you by chance want to share the recipe for the low carb cheddar biscuits??