I normally don't eat breakfast, what's the fastest breakfast I can make home?

124»

Replies

• shanreni40
    shanreni40 Posts: 2 Member
    Chia seed pudding made the night before. My favorite breakfast!
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla vanilla almond milk
    1\4 cup chia seeds
    2 TBS stevia
    1 or 2 TBS sugar free flavoring... my favorites are carmel pecan & mocha
    Mix together and put in fridge for morning. Makes 2 servings
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    gabiruchi wrote: »
    I usually don't have breakfast. Just lunch and dinner. Since I started working out my trainer always tells me it's very important for me to have breakfast but I feel like it would take forever... Any recommendations?
    Trainer is incorrect. What matters in a day is your deficit from TOTAL eating. Timing and how many meals you do it in don't really matter much (barring any health issues).

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    It scares me a bit to see the amount of people who want to be healthy but think that healthy involves skipping breakfast! As a yo yo dieter for most of my life, the biggest change I made with the biggest results was having a decent breakfast. BREAK FAST - You are breaking your fasting from the night before. Not having breakfast slows down your metabolism as you body conserves its energy not knowing when you are getting your next meal.
    Incorrect. The body will burn calories regardless if you eat or not. A DEFICIT automatically slows metabolic rate, but how one meets one's calories daily if consistent, won't matter. It would have to be quite a long time between meals to have metabolic rate slow down enough to compensate for lack of calories.
    Ideally most of your calories consumed should be earlier in the day not later.
    Link for this?
    This means your body will burn through what you have given it to start the day and go looking for more and hence will start to burn through excess when it doesn't get it. Having your bulk calories later in the day means that you don't end up using them when you need them and they get stored as excess. A healthy breakfast is the best start to the day! Try it!
    Whether you eat most of your calories at the beginning or end of the day is matter of choice. If the TOTAL calories at the end of the day don't exceed your TDEE, you'll lose weight.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    arditarose wrote: »
    Honestly if you're comfortable not eating breakfast just stay that way. It's easier to keep a deficit. If you start eating breakfast now you're adding food/calories to your day lol.
    THIS. Personally myself I don't eat my first meal till after 12pm. I eat up to 11:30pm. I just don't exceed my TDEE.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    There is no evidence that eating or not eating breakfast makes any difference in health or fitness. Eat when you want to.
  • flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Protein bars, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal.

One thing I've done before is make something (breakfast burittos, omelette, pancakes, breakfast sandwiched, etc) and instead of eating them I place them in a freezer bag or container and just throw them in the microwave before I go to work.
  • Happy2beeeme
    Happy2beeeme Posts: 192 Member
    I like to have 100 calorie greek yogurt any flavor you like and add just 2-3 tsp. of bear naked granola.
    The granola that I get has fruit and nuts. I just stir it together and enjoy.

Or take it to work and mix it there; this way the granola stays crunchy.
    Also I don't like the whipped yogurt, just get the regular one, it's creamy. :smile:
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    I love the idea of oatmeal and overnight oats but it really have to be craving them in order to enjoy them. Oats are amazing because they're beyond cheap. This recipe has solved my oat issue.

You could add protein powder or even mix in some eggs to add protein to the recipe if that's part of your goal. The recipe as has 5 ingredients but 3 of them are optional. My first batch was made with bananas and the second batch I used applesauce instead of bananas. I need to double or triple the batch since I can eat this in one day. j63xfc8vf75g.jpg

https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/08/08/vegan-chocolate-chip-oatmeal-breakfast-bars-low-fat-gf/
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I rarely eat breakfast, but if I need it, yogurt or a bagel with peanut butter or cream cheese is always a good option.