65 and older who have lost weight

ccamp23
ccamp23 Posts: 3 Member
Need some inspiration. I got sick a few yrs ago and put on 79 pounds. I keep hearing from my Dr's that at my age it's to hard to take it off. Need some positive input. Thank you.

Replies

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    My mother is 72 She is now 15kg (33lb) down since February. She went to see a diatician and is now carb restricted (she was pre-diabetic too) Now she knows how to she is actually not finding it that hard.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Doctors can be such a drag Just get active. Revert to the younger you..which means you went out more and moved more. Do that and log your food here.. you'll lose the weight.. it can be done. You can do it!
  • nhjayne66
    nhjayne66 Posts: 1 Member
    How many calories per day are you ladies eating?
  • ChihuahuaMeme
    ChihuahuaMeme Posts: 19 Member
    April 2014 SW 297 age 67
    August 2016 CW 187 age 69
    GW 165 as long as it takes

Congradulations Jimb376mfp that is some weight loss keep up the good work! :)
  • Runfast2017
    Runfast2017 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2016
    My dad is 65. He lost 40 pounds in 3 months by replacing fast food with with better choices within his calorie limit. He went from 210 pounds to 170.
    He also walks briskly 30 min a day.
    He eats:
    Oatmeal, fruits, veggies, grilled salmon, grilled chicken, chickpeas, lentils, nuts, dark chocolate.
    His cholesterol went from dangerous to normal in few months naturally.
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 64 Member
    I'm 65 and stuck at only 10-15 lbs over goal (I did hit that weight once!) for the last couple YEARS. I previously lost 50 lbs using WW's and some MFP tracking. These posts are encouraging and inspiring! Thanks for posting, everyone!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    66 here and lost about that same amount in weight.....LOL. I didn't find it difficult at all. Just increased my activity and decreased my calories. Lots of new habits and I'm feeling great.

You can do it too!
  • olsalt
    olsalt Posts: 52 Member
    I am 69, 6ft tall and lost 115 lbs over the past year reaching my goal last month of 150 lbs going down from 265 lbs. Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done. It is hard and takes determination. Exercise was the key for me. Good luck, you can do it.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I'm 75. Have lost 54 pounds.
  • longarmlou
    longarmlou Posts: 25 Member
    Exercise. Any kind of exercise; I hike. Eat fewer calories than you burn. I’ve found MFP and my FitBit help me keep on track. Keep at it. It gets easier at it becomes a habit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!