Reversing dinner with lunch and not eating after 5pm helped me to speed up weight loss

These past few days I reversed dinner and lunch and did not eat after five which helped me to lose 6lbs in just a few days! I was having a big stall in weightloss and this helped speed up the process!

Replies

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    That's great! I recently upped my protein and had similar results. I may give it a try. :)
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    RedsGirl73 wrote: »
    That's great! I recently upped my protein and had similar results. I may give it a try. :)
    RedsGirl73 wrote: »

That is awesome. You know I never really believed something so small like that could work but it does!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Anything that creates a calorie deficit will cause you to lose weight. It comes down to calories .
    If this is what it takes for you to create the calorie deficit needed for weight loss then go for it! Heck, go crazy and swap breakfast with dinner and brunch for snack time and lunch with afternoon tea if that's what helps you create a calorie deficit.
  • 120poundstogo
    Anything that creates a calorie deficit will cause you to lose weight. It comes down to calories .
    If this is what it takes for you to create the calorie deficit needed for weight loss then go for it! Heck, go crazy and swap breakfast with dinner and brunch for snack time and lunch with afternoon tea if that's what helps you create a calorie deficit.

Yes it really does creat a deficit I believe! Thank u!
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Thanks for sharing what you did. A partner and I did that long ago at work, he lost about 30 pounds and I lost 12. we were doing a lot of extra eating but putting a time frame on when we ate helped us tremendously, cause our calorie intake stopped at 5. believe me, I got my calories in that I was supposed to have - I want all of my food.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    The real message is that everyone should eat when it works out best for them and helps them stay at their calorie goal. I mostly eat my main meal at lunch because I feel that I need the food when I am most active at work. But it doesn't stop me from saving some calories for a before-bed snack.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    If you're not eating after 5pm, then when do you eat next?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Runfast2017
    Runfast2017 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, when I plateau for few weeks and can't lose the last few pounds, I found this to be the best way to get to my goal weight. It works for me individually.

I weigh myself the next morning and then I enjoy my breakfast.
  • 120poundstogo
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Hemlon wrote: »
    It doesn't matter when you eat your alloted calories, as long as you burn more than you eat. Creating a deficit is what causes weight loss...not WHEN they are consumed.

Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be.
    I think it made a difference for me because nothing else was working faster for me. So I am going to stick with it for now. As they say don't eat after 7pm. You got to find what works for you including eating a heavier meal earlier rather than later! Yes I agree it shouldn't be harder but it was for me! So it is working for me with those small little changes! Thanks for your response!

I'm glad you're happy and finding a way to distribute your calories in a way that works best for you.

Scientifically speaking, when you eat or how much at one time does not matter. Laws of thermodynamics and all that. Total calories in and out do. For instance, I eat 75% of my calories between 3pm and 9pm. I'm down 70lbs. It's not about when I'm eating the calories, it's the fact I found a way to eat at my calorie goal in a way that works with my hunger. Not trying to debate, just concerned for newish folks--it's hard enough getting started and over-complicating things can create problems for people.

Congrats on losing 70lbs. Glad that worked for u! I've been on mfp for a year now and found something that pushed me past a slow plateau! Not meaning to over complicate things it's actually easier for me. Whether it is scientific or not I've heard to try not eating after 7pm so I tried it and it has worked for me so far! It is an adjustment and it may not be for everyone!
  • 120poundstogo
    Thanks for sharing what you did. A partner and I did that long ago at work, he lost about 30 pounds and I lost 12. we were doing a lot of extra eating but putting a time frame on when we ate helped us tremendously, cause our calorie intake stopped at 5. believe me, I got my calories in that I was supposed to have - I want all of my food.
    It had always been in the back of my mind to do but never did until now! I am glad that I did! I'm glad I could help! I had to adjust my calories down to 1360 and stop eating after 5pm. There's no limit on what food u eat as long as u stick to cals. Thank u for your post!
  • 120poundstogo
    The real message is that everyone should eat when it works out best for them and helps them stay at their calorie goal. I mostly eat my main meal at lunch because I feel that I need the food when I am most active at work. But it doesn't stop me from saving some calories for a before-bed snack.

That is true just do what works for u! Way to go! Thanks for your post!

• 120poundstogo
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you're not eating after 5pm, then when do you eat next?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I eat the next morning at 11am when I get up! Thanks for your reply!

• 120poundstogo
    It's all what works for the individual. Some say eat within 30 min of waking to boost metabolism. I try to wait until after noon to eat. FOR ME if I eat breakfast early morning it's like opening the flood gates and I'm "starving" all day. Some people find it keeps them fuller longer. It's trial and error I think...I had to find what works for me, and this does.
    I agree with you that is what I do to! Thanks for your reply!
  • 120poundstogo
    Yes, when I plateau for few weeks and can't lose the last few pounds, I found this to be the best way to get to my goal weight. It works for me individually.

I weigh myself the next morning and then I enjoy my breakfast.
    My thoughts exactly great for a plateau! Thank you! I do the same routine! Awesome!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It doesn't matter when you eat your alloted calories, as long as you burn more than you eat. Creating a deficit is what causes weight loss...not WHEN they are consumed.

I think it made a difference for me because nothing else was working faster for me. So I am going to stick with it for now. As they say don't eat after 7pm. You got to find what works for you including eating a heavier meal earlier rather than later! Yes I agree it shouldn't be harder but it was for me! So it is working for me with those small little changes! Thanks for your response!

I lost 60+ pounds while eating dinner at 7 PM (and sometimes as late as 9:30 or 10). As others have said, great that you found a way to keep to your deficit, but it isn't for everyone. I'd be starving by bedtime if I stopped eating at 5.
  • 120poundstogo
    malibu927 wrote: »

I lost 60+ pounds while eating dinner at 7 PM (and sometimes as late as 9:30 or 10). As others have said, great that you found a way to keep to your deficit, but it isn't for everyone. I'd be starving by bedtime if I stopped eating at 5.

I know I was losing eating later but it was slower for me I noticed. Just do what works for you and if you stick to it and you are losing all the more better for you! Thanks for your response! But I'll admit it does take more discipline to do this. I am motivated to lose!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!