LCD Chat...

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Feel better @ProCoffeenator and welcome to the world of Keto @procolorer I love it and I hope you do too! Just a normal work Monday for me here - but I've only had my BPC today and am very conscious of my habit eating. I'm trying very hard to only eat if hungry today. Today starts day one of conscious eating! I went up a couple of pounds and I can't seem to drop them off so hopefully this will make it happen...I can't keep going in the wrong weight direction.
  • RowdysLady
    Get well soon @ProCoffeenator!

So I have a confession to make: I have never really watched Seinfeld before. I bring this up because my boyfriend and his mother had been watching it while I came over and while I kind of know about it...I have never really sat down and watched it. Do you guys like it? If so, what episodes do you suggest I watch?

I can't stand Seinfeld. Couldn't stand it when it was on 20 years ago and can't stand it in reruns now. Just never quite got it.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    It's Say It Saturday!
    It's the Weekend!!! Yay! I'm determined to be easy on myself today. No beating myself up saying I have to do x,y, and z. I know what I have to get done and will get there.
    I'm also trying to think of mantras for the weekend to motivate myself. Of course I found one for the group here too...

1og8j0qzk0fe.jpeg

Haha! I LOVE it! Scream it with me now....

No, see, most Canadians are way too polite to ever do this....

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    @samanthaluangphixay Seinfeld can be very alienating as you'll either love it or hate it. I love it. My husband hates it. Also I'm sure there are some exceptions but in general I found if you were of age to have watched sitcoms in the 90's you either liked Friends or Seinfeld and rarely both. I detest Friends. My favorite episodes in no particular order: The Chinese Restaurant, The Serenity Now, The Soup Nazi, The Parking Garage, The Junior Mint, The Fusilli Jerry...I could go on. lol
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    @anglyn1 Thanks for your input! I am actually a Friends fanatic - a master of trivia, if you will. I will give Seinfeld a proper try - and see if it clicks.

Is the humour like The Office? It took a few tries for me to get into that show but I like it now.
  • GlitterRayne
    GlitterRayne Posts: 105 Member
    Today has been good as far as Mondays go. Lol. I woke up with more energy than I've had in awhile, had my lunch prepped last night and had the time to sit and sip my BPC. I have Zumba tonight so that will be fun.
    Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!
  • anglyn1
    @samanthaluangphixay I find it hard to compare Seinfeld with others shows. It's maybe a little bit drier humor than The Office. Not quite as awkward maybe? Jerry certainly isn't as loveable as Michael Scott. It's like taking that one random tiny part of your day that didn't go as planned or just a normal annoying part of life and making it into a whole episode...but not in a bad way? lol.

Anyhow let me know how it goes! I hope you end up liking it!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Has anyone ever heard the Chris Rock joke about how the easiest way to get away with murder is to kill a rapper... because the police never solve it? As part of the bit, he points out that Tupac was killed on the Las Vegas strip after a Mike Tyson fight. He says that more people saw Tupac get killed than saw the last episode of Seinfeld. But what is that, like 2 people?! Just kidding... calm down if you are a Seinfeld fan.
  • anglyn1
    @midwesterner85 lol :D

@ProCoffeenator I hope you feel better!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Welcome! Don't worry those looks will change to admiration when the weight keeps coming off :) Good luck and look forward to seeing your progress!
  • RowdysLady
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @samanthaluangphixay Seinfeld can be very alienating as you'll either love it or hate it. I love it. My husband hates it. Also I'm sure there are some exceptions but in general I found if you were of age to have watched sitcoms in the 90's you either liked Friends or Seinfeld and rarely both. I detest Friends. My favorite episodes in no particular order: The Chinese Restaurant, The Serenity Now, The Soup Nazi, The Parking Garage, The Junior Mint, The Fusilli Jerry...I could go on. lol

See there...I still love Friends!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Hi! I've been lurking for weeks, but not really posting until today. I am a long time dieter. I have done it all! Low fat in the 80s as a teen, counting calories, you name it. I lost almost 40 pounds in 2007 using weight watchers. I tried low carb before WW, but the carb flu got me and I quit. But from that I learned that more protein and less carb made me less hungry and I didn't have such large fluctuations in blood sugar. I kept it all off until about 2 years ago. I developed a rare circulation disorder in my feet that kept me from exercising for months. I now have it more under control, and have started exercising again, although I still have to modify what I do. My mother is a celiac, so I was always inspired to cut out gluten and grains to see if it would help my feet. I did Paleo for about 3 months last fall. My family moved in Jan and my diet went to the bottom of the priority list. I have been LCHF for several weeks. I haven't lost much weight (I have about 8-10 pounds I would like to lose), but I feel better overall, have fewer tummy issues, and actually enjoy eating again. I am working on hunger cues and getting my daily calorie intake under control.

question: How many days of week do you exercise? I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week. It gets difficult to exercise every day, but I try. I have a fit bit and try to get 10,000 steps. If I can't, I try to average 10,000 per day for the week. I am trying to work up to weight training again.

I love the vibe of this group!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member

question: How many days of week do you exercise? I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week. It gets difficult to exercise every day, but I try. I have a fit bit and try to get 10,000 steps. If I can't, I try to average 10,000 per day for the week. I am trying to work up to weight training again.

I exercise 5-6 days a week, primarily lifting. I prefer not to do cardio, just because I hate the heart pounding feeling I get from it. Before I went on vacation, it was 6 and now that I'm back, it's been more like 5. However, I do not work ten hour days like you so I guess I have some more time.

Great job on working on those steps! That is a great accomplishment. 10,000 steps is difficult for some people, especially with desk jobs and people who spend a lot of time in the car. Kudos!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I work 5 days per week, on average around 9-9.5 hours per day. I'm also working on my MBA, so I only exercise maybe 2 days per week. When I finish the degree, I'll do more.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    I walk 5-6 days a week for 15-20 minutes each time (2000-2500 steps/day). It's all I can manage with my back and hip issues so far, but I figure if I keep doing it everyday eventually it has to get easier... right? LOL
  • ShelJomfp
    ShelJomfp Posts: 19 Member
    @ProCoffeenator , hope you're on the mend!

I didn't realize you were keeping this fantastic thread going. I'm not a big joiner but, with no low-carb friends IRL it's nice to hop onto MFP and see folks who eat like me hanging out and having a good time. Thanks!
  • RowdysLady
    edited August 2016
    Hi! I've been lurking for weeks, but not really posting until today. I am a long time dieter. I have done it all! Low fat in the 80s as a teen, counting calories, you name it. I lost almost 40 pounds in 2007 using weight watchers. I tried low carb before WW, but the carb flu got me and I quit. But from that I learned that more protein and less carb made me less hungry and I didn't have such large fluctuations in blood sugar. I kept it all off until about 2 years ago. I developed a rare circulation disorder in my feet that kept me from exercising for months. I now have it more under control, and have started exercising again, although I still have to modify what I do. My mother is a celiac, so I was always inspired to cut out gluten and grains to see if it would help my feet. I did Paleo for about 3 months last fall. My family moved in Jan and my diet went to the bottom of the priority list. I have been LCHF for several weeks. I haven't lost much weight (I have about 8-10 pounds I would like to lose), but I feel better overall, have fewer tummy issues, and actually enjoy eating again. I am working on hunger cues and getting my daily calorie intake under control.

I love the vibe of this group!!

I try to walk 3 to 4 days a week....Try being the important word here...when I do walk, it's 5 miles.

ETA: I work from home at a desk 40 hours a week but we live on a ranch where there is always something to do. Just walking to the pond and back is a hike on our 34 acres. But then there are days like yesterday where I barely moved all day - didn't even get out of bed til Noon-Thirty...sigh...
  • anglyn1
    @missippibelle I workout 4-5 days a week. I try weather permitting to have one trail run a week. The other days I either do a kettlebell workout or a beachbody on demand video. Right now I'm really into T25 and Hammer and Chisel. (Not a coach btw lol)