Hello :)

Anyone in this group still active on here? :)

Replies

• TRHuston
    TRHuston Posts: 69 Member
    Hello! I just joined. Coming back to MFP to hopefully get healthy life back on track. I have two littles: Emmett (M) who turned 2 in July and Morgan (F) who is just shy of 7 months. During both pregnancies I gained 65lbs. I was able to lose quickly after first pregnancy. Because I wasn't able to breastfeed my son, it was safe for me to be on Atkins at 3 months pp and got back to pre-preggo weight by the time we found out I was pregnant again!) This time around, my daughter is EBF and I am having the toughest time shedding any weight. Truth be told, I've gained a few lbs (Ugh!) I exercise at least one day a week for an hour or more, but I know the secret is you have to everyday. Trying to incorporate swimming a few times a week into my routine as I have a stress fracture from trying to launch back into running. (not so smart when you're body's not used to the extra weight). I want to jump back into a low carb diet, but I know babe needs sugar, so I'm hoping to begin at phase II.
    I'd love to hear from other moms on this group; what has worked, what hasn't. Also, I've had a real roller coaster of a ride with the whole breastfeeding journey, so I'd love to commiserate too! Setting small realistic goals that I will change periodically. Short term goal: get under 2 bills, next goal: get back to pre-pregnancy weight, long term goal: lose about 60 lbs total.
  • Katlyen
    Katlyen Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hello! I'm still currently nursing my 15 month old! She nurses just as much as ever so I know the struggle. Low carb while nursing is actually fine I believe as long as you don't completely eliminate them and choose whole grains over processed white grains. I had an easy time in the beginning shedding a few pounds but I've found my self at a standstill because I'm still trying to keep up with her demand. MFP has an option to remove calories for nursing. Just type it in one of the food sections. Since your babe is only 7 months, I would choose the 500 calorie option. The way I do it is, I use the toddler, 200 calorie, option. But lately I have only started eating those calories back if I still truely hungry at the end of the day. And usually a banana or some celery and peanut butter does the trick! Welcome back! Feel free to friend me :)
  • toastnhunny
    toastnhunny Posts: 25 Member
    Anyone in this group still active on here? :)

Hi! I'm looking for breastfeeding support too. How are you?
  • sarevalo3
    sarevalo3 Posts: 6 Member
    Just joined this group!
  • dicksoja2016
    dicksoja2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Just joined :) 6 weeks PP and exclusively breastfeeding/pumping
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Hi Ladies!! I'm a long-time MFP member, but just joined. My son is almost four months old. Looking to lose the baby weight and protect my milk supply!
  • keenaco02
    keenaco02 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Ladies!! I'm a long-time MFP member, but just joined. My son is almost four months old. Looking to lose the baby weight and protect my milk supply!

My daughter just turned 4 months also. Feel free to add me. I've lost 20lbs so far (lots of running and Julian Michaels vids).