LCD Chat...

Replies

• procolorer
    procolorer Posts: 326 Member
    So glad someone asked about exercise. I've been reading conflicting info about exercise!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Good Morning!!
    It's Tough it Out Tuesday!!!

I'm up! I'm moving! I'm pushing through this!!
    Still feeling like a hit and run victim but at least I can move today. I have an order for physical therapy but I can't figure out how I would be able to push it into my week. So depressing. I guess I will call them today and discuss it with my boss. If I could manage a regular day and time every week it might be doable.

I'm going to tough it out today and go to work. I just have to be mindful of my body and do my best to not push past my limits.
    ShelJomfp wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator , hope you're on the mend!

I didn't realize you were keeping this fantastic thread going. I'm not a big joiner but, with no low-carb friends IRL it's nice to hop onto MFP and see folks who eat like me hanging out and having a good time. Thanks!

Thank you @ShelJomfp you made my day with this!!

Be safe today people! Take care and Tough out your challenges!
  • ProCoffeenator

question: How many days of week do you exercise? I work 10 hour days, 4 days a week. It gets difficult to exercise every day, but I try. I have a fit bit and try to get 10,000 steps. If I can't, I try to average 10,000 per day for the week. I am trying to work up to weight training again.

I love the vibe of this group!!

I have a personal challenge of YogaEveryDamnDay. I think so far I've only missed two days so far out of three weeks. Not every day has to be a full workout but I have been pushing to get at least ten minutes of poses and stretching in.

I agree with the full day syndrome! I'm a single mom working full time. Mon to Friday I'm up at 4 am leave the house around 6:30 for work get home between 5 and 6:30 pm. Then it's dinner, chasing an ADHD 4yo and pinning him down for bed by 8 or 9. Phew!

Exercise? I think my regular day should count as exercise!
    Currently I've got a ton of 7 min apps to get my exercise in with. So I do my best to rotate those through the week. Abs, arms, butt... Rinse repeat.
    I do my yoga either right before the boy goes to sleep or right after. If it's a good day I'll squeeze in another exercise video.

I use my fit bit too! Work days (when not in pain) I can hit 10k steps easy before getting home. I'm a preschool teacher for 25 crazy 3year olds! (Obviously a glutton for punishment).

Inspirational quote: "If you have time to check your Facebook (insert MFP) you have time to exercise!"

I've had to tech myself that exercise doesn't have to be an hour long adventure. 5 minutes of moving when you normally would be standing or sitting still is still exercise!!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @missippibelle I workout 4-5 days a week. I try weather permitting to have one trail run a week. The other days I either do a kettlebell workout or a beachbody on demand video. Right now I'm really into T25 and Hammer and Chisel. (Not a coach btw lol)

Beachbody on demand?? That sounds interesting! I have several Beachbody programs. Back when I lost 40 pounds I did the Turbo Jam program full force. I also have Chalene Extreme. I have Insanity, but my feet won't allow it.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @missippibelle I workout 4-5 days a week. I try weather permitting to have one trail run a week. The other days I either do a kettlebell workout or a beachbody on demand video. Right now I'm really into T25 and Hammer and Chisel. (Not a coach btw lol)

I have a friend doing Keto who loves T25 stuff. She's trying to be very active and doing a much better job than I at it.
  • procolorer
    Day 2. Today is not a good day but I know I'll get through this. Just ate a bunch of pickles in hopes that it'll make me feel better but so far not even a little. I'm just trying to make it through work
  • RowdysLady
    procolorer wrote: »
    Day 2. Today is not a good day but I know I'll get through this. Just ate a bunch of pickles in hopes that it'll make me feel better but so far not even a little. I'm just trying to make it through work

you can do this!
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    I'm one of those that doesn't get time to do anything for myself, much less exercise. My laundry only gets done because I have an awesome husband & we make our two boys do their own. ;-)

I'm up at 6, rushing out the door by 645-650. We don't get home til 8-ish.
    Kid #1-soccer 4-6pm M-F, unless a game night
    Kid #2-taekwondo M-Thur 6-730, 6-8, 430-615, & 6-730.
    Kid #3-cheer practice 6-8 Tu & Th, with games every Saturday
    I take my turn in church nursery, children's church, & sing in choir. If the doors are open, my family is probably there! LOL!
    And of course, I can't forget the Avon & full time job too!

So if I could burn calories driving, I'd be GREAT!
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Yocum1219 wrote: »
    I'm one of those that doesn't get time to do anything for myself, much less exercise. My laundry only gets done because I have an awesome husband & we make our two boys do their own. ;-)

I take my turn in church nursery, children's church, & sing in choir. If the doors are open, my family is probably there! LOL!

I feel your pain. We have 3 teenage boys. One just graduated and is about to start college, so that will slow down our weeks a little. Son #2 can't drive until December, and we are losing our driver! It is hard to squeeze it in!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    @anglyn1: I'm with you, I love Seinfeld. Have stopped watching the re-runs as I have probably seen each episode 3x. Love Elaine and her various boyfriends. Also have the "voice" problem, born in NY and am now living in SC, don't really have a regional accent after so many moves, but definitely sound funny to the locals.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2016
    Yocum1219 wrote: »

I soo feel you! Im working full time, doing an internship, going to school and taking care of my grandfather in the evenings and weekends, along with my hubby and 2 little boys. Since I don't have time to get to the actual gym, I doing short workouts I found on youtube. I figure something is better than nothing right? :smiley:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @genmon00 I really like your new pic. Cute!!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Thanks @kpk54! I felt pretty that day lol
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's Whip It Wednesday!!
    Theme song for today is Whip It by Devo!!

I'm participating in the biggest loser challenge. Anyone else doing it? My team needs a fire lit under them to start posting! Lol.

I posted over on my team board today about my weight being stagnant since shark week. My scale is being an *kitten*. Lol. My weight shot up, normal I know... Then went way down showing a big loss then it went up again! :s
    Now it's just trickling back down to my last weigh in here which was 223.4 I'm weighing in this morning at 224! Numbers are frustrating!! I'm convinced this is muscle gain since my clothes fit better than ever and my poses in yoga are stronger. Less shaking and more control.

I feel great body wise today. My hip and side are back its normal yappy dog annoyance. I'm energetic. I was last week super happy person, but over the weekend and last few days not so much. Too much stress bringing me down!! I take a daily happy pill, wish I could double up on it. That or start putting it in the water so everyone else would joint me on the happy fence!

I'm going to Whip it today by getting myself full steam ahead again now that I'm feeling better. I made myself take a day off from yoga the last couple days so my body could heal itself. I missed it.

Have a great day!
    Whip it Good!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    First day of school for my kids today. Yoikes. I can't believe it, I'm so unprepared!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Mine start at the end of the month! Only one is going this year. I still have to get my classroom in order too! That's going to be a weekend job. Hard to prepare while running a class in the room at the same time.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    @ProCoffeenator Glad you are feeling great and energetic. Hang in there...the numbers will go down.

Wednesday: Today 10am will be hilarious and crusty at the same time. My coworker has told me in confidence...she will not be returning to work today or in the future. (It is a short story and I do not judge her for making the choice.) So! I know a load of work is about to be piled on me and I may have to work some extra hours....all I can do is laugh. I'd prefer to be in a good mood and make the best of it; even though, the rest of the week is a bit wrecked now. :wink: Good news-- I know what I am eating for lunch today and my scrubs fit so much better!
    Enjoy your day!
  • procolorer
    Today is day 3 for me. Woke up with another migraine but the shaky/dizzy feeling from yesterday is a little bit less... So that's a plus. Going to stuff myself with some pickles in hopes that the sodium pushes this headache away. I actually ended up leaving work early yesterday cause I felt so terrible. Well... Here it goes!
  • ProCoffeenator
    procolorer wrote: »
    Today is day 3 for me. Woke up with another migraine but the shaky/dizzy feeling from yesterday is a little bit less... So that's a plus. Going to stuff myself with some pickles in hopes that the sodium pushes this headache away. I actually ended up leaving work early yesterday cause I felt so terrible. Well... Here it goes!

Ugh! Glad my headaches are gone!! Hope you feel better soon!!
  • RowdysLady
    @procolorer - hang in there. It won't last forever and as others will tell you, there are ways to combat it on the Launchpad. You've got this!!!

My day was one where I just didn't want to work. When summer hits full swing like this we see fewer admissions so I'm doing a lot of redundant work....Reviewing the same records every single day for the slightest change because there are not enough new ones to fill 8 hours. I was miserable/bored until work ended but I did start looking into a few things after work.

First - I'm trying to find a great way to make this land we have work for us so Rowdy can retire. His job bites and he goes back and forth every day with nary a complaint about it - he just does what he needs to do to keep his family secure. Long story as to why he "just doesn't find something new" being 45 in the welding world only starts that story and it ends an hour later with "we live in the middle of nowhere". Anywho....we think we want to raise meat goats. It would be a moderate investment and in Texas there are plenty of people who like goat meat. I for one wouldn't eat it unless Armageddon hit and it was my only choice. But we could make a go of it, or dairy goats for that matter. I'd love to see him officially retired this time next year.

The other things I researched today is well...I have a not so dirty, dirty little secret that no one EVER believes about me. Well here goes... in my early 20's I learned to square dance and I became really really good at it. I danced at least once a week if not more. I moved to Illinois from Alabama about 3 years later and there was no place to dance any longer. Well I've been in East Texas for several years now and there's a place pretty close by. I'm going to get back to it...I wear the cute little frilly dresses and everything! So, yeah...Tuesday I start going back! Exercise and getting away from the house one day a week for ME...not for the kids but for me.

The last thing I did today was take my almost 12 year old to buy "make up". She's at that age and her friends are all wearing it as they move into Junior High. I'm kinda funny about that - especially since she's already drop dead gorgeous and she does NOT need to look one day older than she does... so we had a live lesson about moderation, and make up to enhance not cover and how to "play up" one thing (her eyelashes we decided) and I got to control exactly what was purchased...no heavy bases, "blush" the same color as her natural tone, no powders, sheer lip moisturizer with SPF vs lipstick etc. So she feels like she has make up and got to buy it herself but it's 12 year old appropriate. Sigh...