married chit-chatters?

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    My kids are in day camp this week. They are having fun. Tomorrow my husband and I are taking the day off to take me lingerie shopping while they are at camp. Edit to add: I don't actually like shopping. But, if we find fun stuff I will be happy to have it.

Enjoy your week. If only we could get our kids out of the house, we'd be so glad.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    My kids are in day camp this week. They are having fun. Tomorrow my husband and I are taking the day off to take me lingerie shopping while they are at camp. Edit to add: I don't actually like shopping. But, if we find fun stuff I will be happy to have it.

Enjoy your week. If only we could get our kids out of the house, we'd be so glad.

And I got tons of great stuff that I was looking. Very productive and fun day!
  • TonyB0588
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    This is a married thread -- definitely not a place for this much talk of tacos. :smirk:

Yeah. Being married I don't get to eat tacos as much as I would like.

Uh, could somebody clue me in on this Taco business? I know what Tacos are, but what's the relation to marital status??
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    . . . actually looking to sell and down size to a popup now.

Had a popup when the children were smaller, before I remarried. Loved it! Very convenient. Drove it all over the West Coast and Midwest. I'd do it again.
  • RainaProske
    edited August 2016
    I really freak out regarding sleeping in hotels, after what I've read. The RV is my way to go. At least I know how clean things are.

Uh oh. Now I am freaked out. Lol

Sorry, Pulsar! :(

Also, Pulsar, I love the tiny houses, too. That will never happen for us, though. My husband would go stir-crazy. Our little 1,500 square footer is about as small as he can stand.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    This is a married thread -- definitely not a place for this much talk of tacos. :smirk:

Uh, could somebody clue me in on this Taco business? I know what Tacos are, but what's the relation to marital status??

Uuum, it's a euphemism for the lady parts. :blush:
  • RainaProske
    *** seriously???
  • RainaProske
    edited August 2016
    So we can't write about kittens. We can't write about tacos. What else is there that we innocents don't know about???
  • TonyB0588

Uuum, it's a euphemism for the lady parts. :blush:

Okayyyy!! That's a new one for me. Thanks.
  • SharpPI
    SharpPI Posts: 66 Member
    Glad to see so many of you RVers here on MFP. We moved up from a pop-up to a class c
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    I would love to get a tear-drop or pop-up, but my wife's attitude is "where are we going to put it 10 months of the year???". She prefers tent camping, but I'd love to get something fun and small... :sigh: someday...
  • RainaProske
    edited August 2016
    I got used to camping as a tiny child. My birth-family used tents, going into the redwoods to camp.

We also had a church "camp meeting" we attended yearly until I was 8 then again in later years. At the camp meeting, initially, we had huge tents, then we used cabins in a beautiful, quiet, woody area in a larger city on the West Coast.

Camping is in my blood.

When I married my first husband, who was also a member of that church, the camping at camp meeting continued, but he built a nice littlr camper in a van. He did a great job with it, and we often went camping along rivers in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. He loved to get up early, go fishing for breakfast-trout, and I would get up, build a fire, and prepare to wash and take care of the trout when he got back. but we had our first baby, and it was obvious that the little van-camper wasn't going to work for long.

When he was gone (accident), I bought the pop-up mentioned earlier, because the children were getting bigger. Later, I bought a VW camper, which we loved and used for years. I was still in that church then, so we took both to camp meetings on the West Coast and in the Midwest as well as camping here and there, whenever the whim hit us.

When I remarried, it was to a man who was also in that church, so the camp meetings continued, until I left that church. He later left it also, and we bought a RV that we love using to go camping.

Campings in my blood, I'm telling you!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    I camped a lot as a kid too. Especially on the white rivers (in Vermont). I loved the sound of the river. Also the sound of rain.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    My idea of camping is renting a cabin with a/c, WiFi (hubs needs to work) and a swimming pool. My husband doesn't call this camping.

I guess we're not part of the married campers crew. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    synchkat wrote: »
    My idea of camping is renting a cabin with a/c, WiFi (hubs needs to work) and a swimming pool. My husband doesn't call this camping.

I guess we're not part of the married campers crew. :)

That's ok. I had my husband take our daughters camping without me this summer because I didn't want to go. We did do a camping trip a couple summers ago traveling from Vancouver, Canada to California. And there were some really fun sand dunes in Oregon.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    My husband's dream is to retire to a 13' travel tailer some day. I think going that small permanently would trigger my anxiety but we're definitely checking out tiny house plans.
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    We went from 28' Class C, to 32' 5th Wheel; and now we're downsized to a truck camper to fit in all the small rustic-but-beautiful campsites. Our best trip was driving to Alaska and back - western Canada and Alaska are simply incredible!!
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hubs is retired and I am going to do so too in about a year and a half. My fantasy is to get an RV and drive around to see all the places in North America I havent seen yet. Hubs wont fly, so I think this would appeal to him.. I would like to see Savannah Georgia, New Orleans, caves in Kentucky, The grand canyon, Mount Rushmore, California - places that I have heard and read about so much. Most of my traveling has been overseas, but I know there is a lot of great stuff here at home and in the US

We have also talked about doing the Rocky Mountain train trip - my folks did that a few years ago and just loved it - sounds super appealing to me too. Anyone else love to travel?

edited to fix way too many spelling and typo probs
  • RainaProske
    cross2bear wrote: »
    . . . Anyone else love to travel?. . . .

Me! I love traveling by train as well. Did the cross-country by train thang twice by the northern route between Minneapolis and Portland, OR, and twice by the more southerly route. Did that train route thang between MPLS & southern Illinois a couple times -- NOT recommended, but maybe they fixed that.

On one of those trips through Illinois, my car had to put up with an loudly brutal abusive father, his mousy little wife, and two horribly bratty boys who peed the walls, ceilings, and floors of both restrooms. In all my miles of train travel, this kind of thing only happened once.

I am fortunate that I've been able to do quite a bit of vehicle-travel in the States but not outside of them so much. I've traveled both the Pacific Coast and the Atlantic coast, across most of the southern states, across most of the northern states, and across many of the in betweens.

the main state I have missed is Maine. That is a huge loss, I am sure.
  • BinaryPulsar
    I traveled across the US as well. I lived along the east coast and traveled and explored there all along the coast and inland a bit. Up in Canada a little too. Then across the country. Then I lived in California and traveled along the west coast a lot. Now I live on the west coast of Canada. And there is a lot here to travel to and explore. Very beautiful. I have also lived in India for two months before my husband and I were married (I mentioned that before). I have been to Turks and Caicos. That was vey beautiful and I went scuba diving. Still a lot of traveling for me to do. I have family in Germany. And a very close friend in Wales. And friends in France and other places.