NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    danka good for you for staying within points. I need to work harder on my carbs. I had a smoothie today while out and WOW on the carbs. It was hot and so refreahing til I logged it. Lesson learned.

cbabie Your problem doesn't seem to be during the day but at night when you get home. So what kinds of food can you plan in advance to eat just like you plan for your day?

posted
    tracked so far
    yogurt and blueberries
    exercised-treadmill 30 min

• bugmom92
    bugmom92 Posts: 74 Member
    Checking in so you know I'm still here. I've been so busy and then other people need my time...ugh! I'm back on track, 2 days of perfect tracking and good choices. Need to get more water and more walking. I've got 2 conventions coming up in September that I'm trying to organize and schedule games and volunteers for, with deadlines to meet, so my computer time has been going there. Didn't even get in a Pokewalk tonight!
    I plan on having a moment to relax on Sunday afternoon. If you don't see me 'til then, you'll know why. But I miss y'all when I don't get here. I'll have to come back and backread. Have a great Friday! We'll be off to a museum to see mummies from all over the world and also going to an Argentine restaurant (one of my favorites!) for lunch. Should be a fun day. Enjoying the outings while I can. Should be starting my job in the next couple of weeks, AND I may also go back to teaching classes a few hours a week. Will take some organization and planning on my part, but I need the money, lol.
    Until later,
    Karla :-)
  • dankas001
    dankas001 Posts: 209 Member
    hi karla & all hope you enjoy your day sounds like a lot of fun well i only managed 6000 steps yesterday so did a 15 minute zumba class on youtube wow my bum is sore horrible rainy day in glasgow today hope weather is better where you are keep well have a good weekend kate xx
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Good morning ladies!!
    Sorry I've been MIA!!! Been struggling with the eating. I get so easily discouraged and then I get busy with the kids and just eat what's easy ughhh!!!!
    This weekend we're taking the kids to sesame place, so it's going to be hard to get some healthy meals, but I will try.
    Waving hello to everyone!!!

7xeaygchrxh2.jpeg

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning to all my friends. Okay just so you know we are all in the same boat..we all fight the same struggles. Some days we each handle it better than the day before or the day after. Either way, we are all here to support each other, get new ideas, cry, laugh, post bitmoji's :) and smile when we seem them.

Yesterday was probably one of the worst days....I had a client at work who is not happy, feels I didn't do what was said...and at exactly physically the same time, personal drama issues ...and dealing with text from others...and it was cake day at work. So I cried ALL day, swollen eyes.I had a melt down and decided at 3 cake day was MINE...then came home to fix dinner and had to call mobile phone co...and they totally messed up my phones and I right now have no work phone...I was up on no sleep dealing with them...and that client? Well they are to hear from me this morning..oh DUH no work phone.and today is the mammogram day...LOL so I am starting over, no tears, no cake day and putting one foot in front of the other...

Karla: glad to see you, sounds like life is just plain busy everywhere. Glad to hear you are starting a new job and teaching again. I know you love to teach..these are good things. You are doing great...remember we are here to hear your stories too!! :)

Peru: yes this is a real struggle and I am glad you are here, you take it one meal at a time..one day at a time.

slightedge..your right about the night...I just need to go to bed and put a lock on my door. :) Well I don't know that is what I am working on in my head..hopefully it goes to my hands. :) sucks when we think we do good and then find out we could have had ice cream with the same or less points. LOL

dankas: 5000 is better than zero!! great job and sorry for the bum...:) it will heal and look better. :wink:

Jackie: hope you are healing and feeling better!!

Okay gals have to go walk real quick and get ready for the flattening experience...can they do that to my stomach instead?

cbabie
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    edited August 2016
    Hey C. Sounds like a couple of crappy days, sending hugs
    I was feeling better today about to head out for a bit. And stomach flipped and I went running to the bathroom again. So done with this. Just trying to keep water down again
  • dankas001
    ooh jackie your having really bad time of it xx hope it lifts soon cbabie sound like had really bad day hope things go better today its amazing how flat mammogram can get your breast hope all is ok xx another rainy day here so going to put on lesie samson video at home walking also going to plan my meals for this week too happy saturday x :*
  • SONKISSED1
    SONKISSED1 Posts: 48 Member
    Good Morning All! I am am restarting for the umphteenth time with MFP and with WW. I am currently trying to decide if I should drop WW (on-line) and just stick with MFP. This has been a real up and down experience for me and right now I am at my wit's end. I really want/need this to work this time. I would love to be a part of this thread!
  • MirandaAB
    MirandaAB Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone.. I would like to join in with you if that's ok? I am a W.W.member from so long I have forgotten how many times I have ' Rejoined'... My hubby and I are retired now and I just don't want the expense of the Monthly Pass any longer...I miss going to the meetings but I hope I can join in with all of you and have my meeting that way? offering Support and having support in return?
    I am at an age now ( 65) where my main concern is having many Health issues that will surely develop if i don't get this weight off.
    this week I went thru my first Colonoscopy experience... not something i would care to be required to do on a regular basis for sure! but it really has opened my eyes -- and hopefully triggered my Brain too!! to get serious. In my Report was underlined ' Strongly suggest losing weight' .... so in the end? the only one who can do that is ME!! so time to pull my head out of the sand and get going.
    if you have read this far. thank you. I will follow this Database as it seems to be very extensive and will just stick to calorie limit suggested for the day.
    looking forward to meeting new friends and getting to know many of you.
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Hello everyone!! I also am a Lifetime Member of Weight Watchers. I haven't been to a meeting in quite some time. I have been doing Myfitnesspal and really like it to keep track of my calories and also for the support and inspiration of others. I would love to be a part of your group if anyone wants to add me.
  • cbabie
    Afternoon to all the newbies...you are ALL welcome here. I think each of us has done WW at some point in our life. I got to lifetime membership, had to go a couple of rounds before I did that..LOL But I still struggle with not binging because of emotions. I LOVE SUGAR anything! :)

I have chosen health over a life of what I have seen my parents go through.

Dankas: great job on the walking video. I have never had one of hers, but I know many people do. I have had a treadmill since I can remember and I do use it. I have bone density issues and I am required to walk 30 min a day just for that!

SONKISSED1, the WW points are good and I have online, but I really want to know what I am putting in my body. I need more protein and less carbs, less sugar, etc. What I like about MFP is the data base. WW is not as strong, but they surely have gotten TONS better than when they first started their online. You decide what works for you. Either way the key is the consistent tracking. Glad to have you apart of this board.

MirandaAB: glad to have you on this board and I look forward to getting to know you. We each have our reasons for being here, but the best reason is support and accountability. I have not had a colonoscpy, I was supposed to but never have. My aunt died of colon cancer so I am supposed to keep tabs on this. Maybe that will be my next to do list. :) (not a bucket list) LOL

Lore11a: We would love to have you on this board. We don't change the name for the day anymore, we just keep this post going. Seems to be the easiest. I just put a star as my favorite and I it shows me when we have new post. So please join us and I look forward to your hearing about your days.

We all have good and bad, lately mine has been stress eating and today, I realized this morning that I don't have the same thought process as I did when I met my goal and hence the weight is slowly coming back on. I eat at night out of either bored, nerves, stress, or because I say tomorrow is another day. Then I get up in the morning and I say WHY did I eat that...so I am changing my attitude and with God's help, I will eat healthy and make GOOD choices.

I did my walk, tracked so far today, still need to work my arms. I am trying to eat more protein and less carbs. I feel so much better when I do.

Thanks for listening

Cbabie
  • cbabie
    Jackie: I hope your feeling better and that nasty bug leaves you alone!!
  • peruviansweetie
    peruviansweetie Posts: 66 Member
    Hello ladies!!!
    Still at sesame place!! It is super hot out here, so we were mostly in the water. I've never sweated this much in my life, but hoping it would help me lose some weight since it felt like I was in a sauna out there ughhh!! We are having a good time though.

@cbabie I'm sorry to read that you had such a tough day the other day. I hope today was a better day!! Sending hugs your way!!
    @jackie_van_d sounds like you've had that bug for a while. I hope you're feeling better today and were able to go out!!
    @dankas001 I've never heard of Leslie Samson. I need to look it up. You are doing so great. When I get back home tomorrow I need to start preparing myself for the week!! Time to get back on track!! Great job!!
    @SONKISSED1 Hello and Welcome!!! Please stop by anytime. I recently re-joined WW and doing it online and I'm also doing MFP. It's hard to track my food on both apps, so I usually just track on WW. Not sure how long I'll continue doing WW, but so glad MFP is available for free!!
    @MirandaAB WELCOME!!! Glad u found us. Sorry to hear about your health problems. That's the reason why I decided to re-join WW and get back on MFP. I have 2 little ones that need me and I need to get back on track. We are here to support you!!
    @lore11a Welcome!!! We are all here to support each other. Congrats on being a lifetime member. That's a great accomplishment. I hope to get there one day!!

Have a great day ladies. Heading back to the park!!

• theslightedgeforever
    karla thats great that you have had two good days of tracking and good choices.

danka send me the link to the zumba class yes, 5000 was better than me. I have some Leslie Sansone DVDs. I should go find them.

peru You can do this. A couple of speed bumps can't keep you down.

cbabie sorry to hear you had a bad day How about you lock up the bad food? although I'm a no food is bad but the amount you eat is kind of person. I realize not everyone is like that. Maybe with your aunt dying of colon cancer, a colonoscopy should be put into the schedule. A mammogram isn't fun but you survived.

jackie I'm glad to see you used the word crappy I had typed it but then wondered if there was a "appropriate police" on MFP and my post would get flagged and lost. I've had that happen on other sites. Then saw cbabie used the word sucks lol I hope you are getting enough fluids and all. Too long you have had this stomach bug

sonkissed Welcome to our group I have started and stopped so many times you are in good company. I was trying to track both but too much so I just do MFP as I'm prediabetic and my doc wants me to track my carbs. I'm following a modified carb mealplan. Almost like the Zone diet 40% carbs 30% protein 30% fats.

Miranda Welcome to the group I need to schedule my colonoscopy I've put it off 2 years. I like watching this Youtube user. She kind of summarizes the WW meetings each week https://youtu.be/15NXrnyT2HM Then she has other videos. She's just an average gal. Her and her sister are funny.

Lore Welcome to the group We can do it and lose weight and be healthy.

okay think I'm done

goals met
    posted
    tracked over carbs by 10 grams
    made dinner early so dh wouldn't suggest go to restaurant.

• theslightedgeforever
    That is NOT the correct video. ARGH I'm just glad it wasn't something nasty,
  • theslightedgeforever
    Hmmmmm that was the correct video but just the ad before it.
  • theslightedgeforever
    OK, let's try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8M18zDgqy8 Fingers crossed Why isn't there a preview button or edit button on here.
  • dankas001
    hi lightedge i go on to youtube video is anything from Linda Elder Zumba she does 15 minutes up to an hor theyre really good fun hope you can find them ill try n post link he all newbies & welcome to a wonderful support group hope everyone is well managed to plan dinner for week so going to shops soon kate xx
  • dankas001
    sometimes the videos freeze but she has lots of videos out there close the curtains turn up the volume n get sweaty lol x