Waist Trainers...

2»

Replies

• edean331
    edean331 Posts: 60 Member
    Absolutely, ninerbuff! Tho, my response was in regards to comments which were not in response to the question. :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Would you rather temporary results or permanent?
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member
    edean331 wrote: »
    Holy critical, batman...Batman should really autocorrect to a capital M :D

Feel free to capitalize it.

How am I being critical? What's with your projecting and sensativity? Hmm, are you not used to women who have an opinion? It wasn't being critical of yours btw.
  • edean331
    edean331 Posts: 60 Member

How am I being critical? What's with your projecting and sensativity? Hmm, are you not used to women who have an opinion? It wasn't being critical of yours btw.
    Hmm, ok, definitely wasn't referring to you and appreciate your knowledge.
    Not sure what I was projecting and not sure about the sensitivity. Definitely I gotta be careful to avoid the defensiveness or argument and just stick to the valuable insights!
  • msalicia116
    msalicia116 Posts: 233 Member

Hmm, ok, definitely wasn't referring to you and appreciate your knowledge.
    Not sure what I was projecting and not sure about the sensitivity. Definitely I gotta be careful to avoid the defensiveness or argument and just stick to the valuable insights!

Who were you referring to? Being vague doesn't help, does it? We know their name starts with a lowercase m. Hmm?

My sensitivity comment was in response to you saying (someone) is being critical. And no explanation. Really, no one is being defensive, we're just providing insight. People ask a question, we respond with our pov, that's it. Nothing to be concerned with, and you'll get used to candid responses soon. It's quite productive actually, if you're not, you know, sensitive about it. Really no reason to be.

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    No they don't benefit anything at all. For a better posture and long term results take up strength training.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Do these have real benefits with exercising or lasting waist slimming?

No they don't, quite the opposite actually - by supporting the core they weaken it and make it flabbier

I used to have a flat tummy with abs but always consciously stood up straight and "held it in".
    Working an office job alone behind a desk and just slumped and relaxed, we'll definitely not a flat tummy now.

Too much food, too little movement will do that every time ...it's not the job ...it's the lack of conscious effort
    I bought a simple Velcro waist trainer and it certainly helps with the silhouette and and makes me more conscious of my posture. It also helps for a bit after I take it off.

It's working like Spanx does ...while you may be more conscious of posture it will not help retrain you in any way ..better to put a sharp pin there or something. The post wear help is sweat reduction and temporary

Does anyone have long term experience or suggestions?
    Im thinking of trying a corset too.

If you like wearing it do, but it's doing nothing permanent and may well have the opposite effect

Corsets, unless planning real waist training, are fashion fun

Real corseted waist training is a long term fetish
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    I'm going to be harsh here. You clearly are buying into every gimmick possible to get quick results, based on your multiple threads. People are taking time out of their day to help you, only to get dense responses that "you're not going off the deep end."

Aside from your portion thread, which you were very receptive of suggestions, nothing you have asked is going to work. You can either listen, or be back here in a few months complaining that you gained more weight or aren't losing because you keep trying quick fixes. I'm probably being a *kitten*, but why bother asking if you're going to do it anyways? You were told why you will weaken muscles by wearing a trainer, but you're going to anyways. I don't see what the point of posting is then in this case.

If you would like to see how to lose weight in a sustainable way, I suggest reading the stickies at the top of the forums.

Seconded.
  • minniemoo1972
    minniemoo1972 Posts: 295 Member
    Come back and see us when you stop using it, have thrown your back out because you have jello for core muscles and gained 10 because you can't move.
  • tanny684
    tanny684 Posts: 196 Member
    I used to have a flat tummy with abs but always consciously stood up straight and "held it in".
    Working an office job alone behind a desk and just slumped and relaxed, we'll definitely not a flat tummy now.
    I bought a simple Velcro waist trainer and it certainly helps with the silhouette and and makes me more conscious of my posture. It also helps for a bit after I take it off.

Tight lacing absolutely does work. I have a natural hourglass shape but in my early twenties rigorously tightlaced with a steel boned corset and saw a difference. Ten years later no matter how much weight I gain there's usually a 15 inch difference between waist and hips. I wear a waist cincher to work and it protects my back. It forces me to stand tall and I can't slouch. If I don't wear it I'm crippled by the end of the day as I naturally slouch
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I thought it was progress for women to leave the Nineteenth Century and along with it, abandon clothing that was more torture device than anything else.

Ah now a nice corset can be really good fun

But as a body modifier I am completely with you
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    SO not healthy. Doctors do not condone this because of the strain it puts in your organs.