Favourite salads

Salads are so convenient, and I've been trying to experiment with different combinations so I don't get bored. At the moment my favourites are burrito bowls and fajita salad, but I'd love some new suggestions.
What are your favourite salads and their ingredients?

Replies

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I just start with my lettuce base and add in whatever fresh veggies I have on hand. Radishes, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, peppers, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, maybe a few sunflower seeds, or slivered almonds, and some kind of cheese. Also nice can be craisins, raisins, diced apple, red beans.

I also like to do pasta and bean salads.
    A favorite is black beans, pinto beans, corn, diced carrots and celery with ranch dressing with some low sodium taco seasoning mixed in.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    I usually just skim through the fridge to see what veggies and toppings we have, then build a salad around that. We have a small vegetable garden with plenty of peppers and cherry tomatoes, so those are always nice additions. Top that off with sunflower seeds, a mix of cheddar and parmesan cheese, croutons and top with a vinaigrette [vinaigrettes tend to use healthier fats than cream-style dressings].
  • SophieSmall95
    SophieSmall95 Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2016
    l6aqw0gx209b.jpg
    tzwm4lpqngx6.jpg
    h2vwfa2ujo3q.jpg

These have been some recent favourites. They all have essentially the same base (mixed leaves, bell pepper, red onions, radishes, cucumber, celery, tomatoes and generally some new potatoes) I then add different flavours in the meat and sauces. The first image is chinese pork loin steak, the second is teriyaki chicken and the third is garlic chicken. I'll usually add some light salad cream, usually also some sweet chilli sauce and sometimes mix my new potatoes in a spoonful of low calorie garlic cream cheese. They're all in the region of 300-400 calories.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    ranch
  • momofGD
    momofGD Posts: 110 Member
    Cranberries, green apple, chicken, blue cheese, honey mustard with your choice of greens.

Chicken, avacado, onion, tomato, grilled corn with southwest dressing over greens.
  • karly2612
    karly2612 Posts: 11 Member
    My favourite is greens, avocado, walnuts, prawns and mango with a chilli and lime dressing
  • curvymegan89
    curvymegan89 Posts: 98 Member
    These sound amazing! I'm definitely going to try some!
  • brichards_
    brichards_ Posts: 113 Member
    Spinach, mango, cashews. For the dressing: olive oil, lime, and honey. It's easy and I love it which doesn't Halle often with me and salads. It's a Pinterest recipe
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Chickpea, feta cheese, cucumber, cherry tomato, and green olives
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Strawberries, blueberries, blue cheese & pecans or walnuts over spinach with poppyseed dressing

Chicken, bacon, avocado, red onion & blue cheese dressing over mixed greens

Shrimp, avocado, red onion, diced tomatoes, diced cucumber & cilantro, with Bolthouse Cilantro Avocado dressing
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Romaine, grilled chicken breast, bacon, cucumbers, strawberries and walnuts with chipotle ranch dressing.

I also like the Farmhouse turkey bacon ranch salad at Arby's, the Blackened Bleu Chicken salad at Zaxbys, and the Apple Pecan salad at Wendy's, as well as the strawberry poppyseed with chicken at Panera.
  • mrmeza123
    mrmeza123 Posts: 34 Member
    Spinach salad