LCD Chat...

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Morning everyone!!
    It's Sunday. You all get to figure out what today is for yourselves.
    For me it's paperwork day. Yeah, not so much fun. I've got to get it done though so I'm making myself focus on that first thing after breakfast today.

The scale finally relented and gave me a lower number this morning. Thank goodness!!
    Have a great day!!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    It's deadlift day for me. Probably my favorite day of the week...though it might be tied with deadlift day #2, which will be Thursday. ;)
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Hello, I'm newish to this way of eating (61 days) but plan to remain low carb high fat for life. I have PCOS with insulin resistance and hypothryoid, and this is the first time I've been able to lose weight at a reasonable rate without feeling starved or missing meals. I have a 1-year-old daughter who keeps me active chasing her around the house, and she's a fan of the LCHF recipes I've tried out. My husband still eats bread and more carbs than me but has been wonderfully supportive of this change. I've only lost 11.5 lbs so far (out of a total goal of losing 75) but that's massive progress for me. My favorite workouts would be dance classes (modern and jazz), but those are significantly harder when you're overweight, and finding time and money with a toddler is a lot harder than before baby. I mostly do dumbbell and kettlebell workouts at home, with plans to move into lifting heavy when I can afford a decent home weight set-up.

Oh, and Sunday is a workday for me :-/
  • ProCoffeenator
    Morning everybody!!!!!
    It's Mix it up Monday!

I'm in an exercise rutt. Doing the same things over and over, no wonder my body has been so "bleh". So I'm going to mix things up tonight and throw in some circuit training. Should be interesting!
    I was a good girl and managed to get my measurements taken. Wow. There is a big difference there. I never took measurements on my chicken wings so I'm going to measure my arms tonight after work.

Have a great day!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited August 2016
    gonna try to mix it up by running today instead of just walking. Hopefully before it gets HAWT, we're forecast for another 102+ day. Working my way back from injury so it won't be a long run by any stretch (thinking if I can just maintain running pace for 10 min I'll be happy) but I'm happy just to be cleared to do it again!
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    The heat index is lower today, so I plan on swimming without crisping :)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    I started jogging again. Goal is to jog 2 miles...without stopping and gasping for air. I did it before, will do it again.
    I am enjoying my sore muscles.......they feel like progress...lol.
    Sunday evening I cleared out almost all my plastic containers/bowls (will donate or give them away). I am switching to glass and keeping it to a minimum; tired of all the useless clutter.
    Each day this week I plan to organize/clean 1 cabinet, drawer, or closet. I would love to reserve the weekend to clean out garage....will see.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    I start a new exercise routine today too - my friend has become a health coach so I'm supporting her. And kids are back in school - YAAAAAY!!!!! So that adds a new routine to the mix.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    won't be running today - I have the absolute worst gut ache in the history of ever - started about 5am and still going on. Feel like I've been grabbed by the intestines and flung around. Literal pain not "oh I feel ill" pain. Ugh ugh ugh
  • ProCoffeenator
    Phrick wrote: »
    won't be running today - I have the absolute worst gut ache in the history of ever - started about 5am and still going on. Feel like I've been grabbed by the intestines and flung around. Literal pain not "oh I feel ill" pain. Ugh ugh ugh

Hope all is well with you! Take care of yourself!
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Hi all!
    I'm Micki. I'm 49(well... i'll be 49 in a couple weeks anyway), divorced but reconciled and again living with my "wasband" (he was my husband but now he's not... get it?), son and 2 doggies. Our son is 9 years old (10 in October! STOP the growing kid!) and step-mom/grandma to a 34 y.o. son, his wife and twin 6 y.o. boys and a 2 y.o. princess. (That always sounds so much worse when I say it out loud).

In Feb. 2016 my "wasband" was hospitalized due to his inability to control his blood sugars (poor lifestyle choices play a huge part in this). He's been diabetic for 25 years and he just doesn't take care of it. His health scare really gave me pause. Our son doesn't deserve to have 2 unhealthy parents!

I have been fat or obese or whatever you want to call it pretty much my entire adult life, but by His grace have not had the health issues that customarily go along with it. After seeing the severity of Bear's illness, I decided to take control of my weight (and health) and began a LC lifestyle. I've lost 65 pounds and am working toward the rest as we speak. I am looking more to a healthy BF% than a number on the scale, so I have about 13% BF left to lose.

I am so far from perfect when it comes to this WOE/WOL. I hope to find others who are as imperfect on this journey as I.

To answer some of your questions -

1. Go to exercise: walking... with or without my pups. Gives me time to clear my head and not say something I'll regret to my guys.
    2. Friends: I am friendly with most anyone (meaning I'll accept most friend requests, with exceptions)... but unfriend those who prove to be too needy or critical.
    3. Animal: butterfly
    4. Recipe: saute of shrimp and zoodles... easy, quick and yummy.
    5. Motivation: getting and staying healthy for me, and so my son has a mom to annoy him for a long time to come.
    6. Country/City: I'm a city girl who would move to the country in a heartbeat... it just isn't feasible for the family right now.
    7. Go back: there isn't enough money in the world that would convince me to go back.
    8. Move: Anywhere that I could wake up to the sounds of waves lapping the beach.
    9. Fave LCHF Veggies: zucchini, mushrooms and cabbage
    10. Fave book: this is a tough one... I am not a truly avid reader, but will start a book and if it doesn't keep my interest I'll just move on to the next one. I enjoy non-fiction bios/autobios too.
    11. What is your favorite season/month?: LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. The smells, the sights. Love it.
    12. Improvise or plan? Planning makes my brain feel better. I just wish I was more diligent about it.

My question to you all - If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?

I would want to meet my dad's mother. She raised 12 children (10 boys!) during The Great Depression with a mostly absentee father.
  • mickigoad
    Phrick wrote: »

I sure hope your gut ache goes away soon... only a toothache is worse than a gut ache that you can't resolve, IMHO.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    "My question to you all - If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?"

Good question! Besides wanting to meet you crazy lot, I would love to meet Queen Elizabeth the First. She is my favourite monarch and I absolutely love that time period in history. Growing up, I read a lot of books on Tudor England and she was the one I really felt drawn to.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    My answer is Nikola Tesla. His genius is under-appreciated by society today, and I would like an opportunity to learn from him.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Brought my dumbbells to work and got my arm routine in! Got a couple of funny looks from my coworkers but its all good :)
  • mickigoad
    My answer is Nikola Tesla. His genius is under-appreciated by society today, and I would like an opportunity to learn from him.

My son did a "wax museum" report on Tesla last year for 3rd grade end of the year "here's what we learned" night as school... just by way of helping my boy research Tesla, I have to agree with you... he is quite fascinating... and I wouldn't mind joining in that meeting :)
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I'd want to meet Marilyn Monroe. I have been a fan since I was in my early teens, in fact I'm a fan of the whole 50's thing - I've often thought I was born in the wrong era, and I should have been a teen in the 50's, not the 80's...
  • ProCoffeenator
    Morning everyone!!
    It's Try it Again Tuesday!!!

Is there something that you tried before and either loved it but didn't follow through with doing it? Or found it too difficult and left it behind?

Think of something that fits either of those scenarios and give it a go again! For me it was circuit training. I loved doing that way back when I had lost a bunch of weight. So... I'm challenging myself to get out there at some point and give it another go.

Have a great day out there today!
  • NonnaTurtle
    NonnaTurtle Posts: 105 Member
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Brought my dumbbells to work and got my arm routine in! Got a couple of funny looks from my coworkers but its all good :)

*snort* - you made me laugh right out loud. Would love to have seen that :D
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    mickigoad wrote: »

My question to you all - If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?

Welcome! I had a husband who was similar at one point but will never be a wasband! It's truly over. He has CHF, Diabetes, cardiomegaly and a host of other stuff and refused to take care of himself, take his meds, excersize, eat right, etc. For a nurse to watch that and not be able to do anything about it? I was dying inside and finally had to give the ultimatum - take care of yourself or leave because in this state you aren't taking care of your family. He chose to leave. Interestingly I was more ok with it than I thought I'd be.

I would want to meet Edgar Allen Poe. He has fascinated me since I was a child and can read his works over and over.