Ladies in their 30s with similar goals who want support

Replies

• xjchic98
    xjchic98 Posts: 85 Member
    Add me! I'm 36 and am struggling to lose this 40 lbs. :neutral: help...
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    nitaaaaa wrote: »
    I'm 31 and would like to lose about 50lbs- jeez it sounds so overwhelming just typing it. My biggest challenge is the pressure I get from my family (especially since I am single and of course they say no one will ever marry me like "this") .. It makes me really mad bc I don't want to lose weight for them, they should accept me the way I am even if I never lost another pound. Ironically, when they stop pressuring me is when I tend to lose the most anyway. I know it's counterproductive to not want to do something good for yourself bc others are demanding it, but it's really hindering me. What can I do?

Hey Nita, sorry to hear you're getting pressure from your family - that's really not nice at all and bad of them to do so. You should only lose weight if you need to for your health or for your happiness and self confidence. You look lovely on your pic so do it for yourself and nobody else. I'm 37 and single and very happy. I find it easier to lose weight now then when i'm with a partner because i'm in complete control of my diet and have my own self motivation to progress. Good luck x
  • lovesent
    lovesent Posts: 4 Member
    Hi ladies! Please add me! I'm 35 and looking to lose 30lbs! Would love to give and receive support!
  • kellyiris6
    kellyiris6 Posts: 69 Member
    Hi! 30 years old and looking to lose 44 more lbs! Feel free to add me!
  • Katrina2778
    Katrina2778 Posts: 42 Member
    Feel free to add me. 30 year old. Wanting to lose 25lbs. Love to workout but...the eating...that's where I struggle.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    I'm 35 and single and happy... Looking to get back to my normal weight range. It's been a good week so far! Feel free to add me!
  • mrmeza123
    mrmeza123 Posts: 34 Member
    Keep going! This is just a cloud, and your going through an eye of a storm towards your road of the perfect house you want for your body. Don't give up. Give up your emotions to God. And watch the storm pass.
  • HeidiFuture
    HeidiFuture Posts: 54 Member
    Still can't find where to add friends... :neutral:
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member

Click on their names, then add friend :)
  • likewhoa712
    likewhoa712 Posts: 95 Member
    Hi guys, I'm Danielle... I have about 60 lbs to lose (fml) Back here for like the 3rd time. Also looking for friends with similar goals for accountability. I sent a few requests, feel free to add me :smile:
  • kiri127
    kiri127 Posts: 2,947 Member

Click on their names, then add friend :)

If you're using the mobile app, go to friends tab (above community), click the plus sign to add friend, click the bottom choice to add by username, type in username and send request.
    I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • kiri127
    Hi guys, I'm Danielle... I have about 60 lbs to lose (fml) Back here for like the 3rd time. Also looking for friends with similar goals for accountability. I sent a few requests, feel free to add me :smile:

Already added you. Welcome back to MFP! There's a lot of great ladies from this thread who are super supportive! Hope we can help each other
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    I just turned 31 and have lost almost 50lbs so far. Many to go but always look for motivating, friendly people along the way!

I actually didn't discover this til I was 30. I always wanted to lose weight through my 20s but never figured out the real way til I joined this! I know it works, so let's do this!
  • kiri127
    I just turned 31 and have lost almost 50lbs so far. Many to go but always look for motivating, friendly people along the way!

I actually didn't discover this til I was 30. I always wanted to lose weight through my 20s but never figured out the real way til I joined this! I know it works, so let's do this!

You've accomplished so much! I hope we can all keep each other full of momentum
  • CMayBos
    CMayBos Posts: 43 Member
    32 and looking to lose about 40lbs!
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Please add me! Early 30s mom working 50+ hours/week looking to lose 30-40lbs. Just started focusing on it for the first time in about 5 years and hoping to make permanent lifestyle changes (and fit into an old dress for a friend's wedding next month).
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    37, high school teacher, have about 50 lbs to lose. Was derailed from my efforts in February by some torn cartilage and got surgery at the beginning of July. Back in the saddle!!
  • kiri127
    MrsBenTarr wrote: »
    37, high school teacher, have about 50 lbs to lose. Was derailed from my efforts in February by some torn cartilage and got surgery at the beginning of July. Back in the saddle!!

I truly understand how an injury can not only make it harder to lose but make you gain too. Let's get our injured butts in gear
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Hi! I'm 31 in NC. I weigh the most I've ever weighed & I'm completely disgusted by it! I HAVE to lose this weight... I want to feel good again! My goal is to lose about 30lbs. I'm only 5'2" so every pound shows. My husband can eat and eat and eat and never gains, he's nothing but muscle. I eat a fraction of what he eats & I just keep packing it on! I've gained over 20lbs since our wedding last year. I want to be healthy and feel good about myself again. I'm determined! But I need some support from others who know how I feel. I would love to join in with you guys! <3 Steph
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Is there a group we could be in together to help motivate & support each other?