LCD Chat...

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I can't really decide who I'd like to meet...Honestly I'm afraid meeting people I admire in person might ruin them for me. I think sometimes you admire the idea of person more than you'd admire the real person...More so that meeting someone from the past I would like to be able to just jump around through time and experience different eras and see what life was like for various groups of people around the world.

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Person I'd like to meet... Maybe one of my ancestors who decided to immigrate to Canada. I'd love to have a good ol' chat with them and find out why they moved, what their family was like, etc.. I'm absolutely fascinated with genealogy.

I took boxing lessons in a real boxing club for a few months. It was across the street from my old job and I used to go there after hours when nobody else was there but me and the trainer... Unfortunately all the skip rope jumping and jumping jacks that they implement into a work out was too high impact for my SI joint, but I absolutely LOVED it. The adrenaline rush was SO addictive.
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Morning all!
    It's work out Wednesday!!

I've been trying to set up my calendar to include exercise and meal plans... More of a project than I thought! Of course I can't do anything simply!! Lol.
    Scale slipped down a tad bit more for me today! We are on speaking terms again.

I'm shooting for another day of circuit training. There are muscles inside me screaming bloody murder, but I'm silencing them with tiger balm and pushing on.

What does your exercise for today include?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    I love that you've kept this thread going! I will find time to walk today - I am going to try to get out before I have to take kids to school, but mornings are hectic and it may not pan out... I do have a "walk and talk" therapy appointment at 10 so if nothing else I'll get in a couple miles then but other than that I'm not sure since it's set to be another 108 degree day!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    I already met one of the people on my list a few years back. Got to meet Jamie Lewis at a powerlifting meet in Myrtle Beach. For one that I haven't yet, it's a tough call between Ed Coan, Stan Efferding, Konstantin Konstantinovs, and Kirk Korwaski.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    I don't have any exercise planned today... I'm at work now. Afterwards, I'm going to do laundry and work on the final project for a class (due Sunday). I'm 80% done now and hope to be almost done after tonight. Also, I'm going to watch the new Suits episode.
  • ambergem1969
    ambergem1969 Posts: 224 Member
    I agree with @Phrick - this thread and the NSV one are my favourites these days :)

No exercise for me today either - so I'll work out my brain at the office instead. Good thing I got my MCT oil in already.

Am having dinner out tonight and spent last night on the Jack Astor's website which very kindly provides the nutritional info in a very accessible way. I learned some things! Like somehow they've managed to stuff 29 g of carbs into a Caesar salad for which they do not list croutons as an ingredient! And its something like 850 calories. So I'm giving that a miss! I was surprised to find that some things I thought sounded fairly low carb, weren't. So its going to be the standard bunless burger and their Meditteranean side salad. I really don't enjoy eating out as much as I used to!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Exercise today includes lifting at the gym. I'm on my way right now. On the menu today is squats, bench press, and barbell row.

But first....coffee. I have waited outside Starbucks, waiting for it to open every day this week because I need coffee before my morning workout lol. I used to work for them, and it's true what they say...when you leave the green siren, you never really leave! :'(
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Got a walk in before sunrise because when I checked the forecast it is supposed to be almost 100 by the time my appointment rolls around.... nope. So nearly 40 min walk in the cool pre-dawn, it was.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I plan to hit the gym after work for another grueling leg day with my daughter and hubby. That's about the extent of things for me!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    The light cardio for me today, that my friend asked me to review. I'm liking it!
  • anewlifeat40
    Today is rest day. I was walking everyday, but my old SI joint injury has been flaring up worse and worse, so now I'm walking every other day to give it time to calm down before the next walk... Tuesday, Thursday and Sundays...
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Recumbent bike - WAAAY too hot today for outside exercise!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    @Phrick & @ambergem1969 thanks! I'll keep going as long as I can!

Sounds like we are all pretty busy today! I had originally planned on doing circuit training tonight but I pretty much already did it at work this morning. The kids wanted to exercise so we got the cards out and we did a bunch of those, squats, jumps, switch lunges, toe touches etc. then followed up with some dancing!! Phew!

So now I'm debating on just yoga and maybe some arm exercises instead.... I'll debate it. Lol.
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Morning all!

I've been trying to set up my calendar to include exercise and meal plans... More of a project than I thought! Of course I can't do anything simply!! Lol.

I'm shooting for another day of circuit training. There are muscles inside me screaming bloody murder, but I'm silencing them with tiger balm and pushing on.

I have to find time to exercise today... for my body and my brain... my day is very full... I may be at the gym at 9pm doing some form of exercise... but it will happen!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Hittin the gym after work. Squats, OHP and Deadlift. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can finally bust through my DL stall.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    Get well soon @ProCoffeenator!

So I have a confession to make: I have never really watched Seinfeld before. I bring this up because my boyfriend and his mother had been watching it while I came over and while I kind of know about it...I have never really sat down and watched it. Do you guys like it? If so, what episodes do you suggest I watch?

I can't stand Seinfeld. Couldn't stand it when it was on 20 years ago and can't stand it in reruns now. Just never quite got it.

Gaaaah, why did I have to jump in here? Just the mention of Seinfeld makes my *kitten* clench, it's so awful......it's absolutely NOT in The Office league @samanthaluangphixay
    Have you ever watched Parks and Recreation?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member

So I have a confession to make: I have never really watched Seinfeld before. I bring this up because my boyfriend and his mother had been watching it while I came over and while I kind of know about it...I have never really sat down and watched it. Do you guys like it? If so, what episodes do you suggest I watch?

I can't stand Seinfeld. Couldn't stand it when it was on 20 years ago and can't stand it in reruns now. Just never quite got it.

Gaaaah, why did I have to jump in here? Just the mention of Seinfeld makes my *kitten* clench, it's so awful......it's absolutely NOT in The Office league @samanthaluangphixay

Yes, I have watched Parks and Rec.

Andy and April = OTP.
  • anewlifeat40

LOL! I love Seinfeld, Friends, Fraser, Mad About You, Big Bang Theory, How I met your mother... pretty much all sitcoms in that vein... and can't stand the office or P&R or anything that style... I have a theory that I'm missing the awkward humour gene... I try to like it but it's not funny to me at all, yet so many people love it...

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Morning all!

Happy Hump Day! Today I challenged myself and did this workout.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0FxMguetIw

WHEW it slayed! But i love it! I use my little weights (3/5/8 lb) but i think I might need to go up and buy 10 lb weights. Baby steps!