Night-time crunchies!!!

daddyisfat
daddyisfat Posts: 2 Member
My biggest problem seems to be in the evening. I like to "crunch," which can range from popcorn, to chips, to frozen blueberries (I can and have eaten a 3-lb bag in one sitting. I thought it said it was "single serving."

Replies

• mrmeza123
    mrmeza123 Posts: 34 Member
    edited August 2016
    Grab a cup of coffee, stay away from soda and chips.
    If you must grab "sweets" try and go for something that comes packaged in a small wrapper to take the craving away. A small can soda.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Considering 100 grams of blueberries only contain about 60 calories, I don't see why that's a bad thing to snack on in the evening.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    I eat popcorn every night (takes a long time to eat and is fairly low in calories) and usually some of these, too:

https://www.fibergourmet.com/Cheese.aspx
  • roserobotham
    roserobotham Posts: 10 Member
    i second the dill pickle idea, I smear cream cheese or laughing cow on some deli ham and wrap the pickle up in it...feels like cheating but totally not. I also like Harvest Snaps Snapella Crisps--ceasar or ranch are good. I love Beanitos tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole also--high in protein and fiber (healthy) if you stick to one serving. :wink:
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    I like to snack on baby carrots. 3 oz (1 serving) is only about 35 calories. I keep snack bags in the fridge with 3 oz servings for a convenient snack.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Save enough calories for some crunchy snacks and/or find something healthier to crunch on. Popcorn isn't too bad, veggies and dip could be a good option. Whatever it is don't let it put you over your cals for the day and you'll be fine
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Veggie sticks are good
  • raw_key
    raw_key Posts: 36 Member
    Carrot sticks/baby carrots and guacamole are good. Satisfies the crunch craving and the fats from the avocado will help you feel fuller. I also like saltine crackers with cottage cheese
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    I am also a crunchy snacker, I enjoy sugar snap peas, slightly sweet and still get a great crunch!!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Kale chips or veggie chips (homemade - just thinly sliced and roasted). Edamame in pods with sea salt/spices on top. Pistachio nuts in their shells. Roasted chick peas.

Make your popcorn - just measure out a small amount and put the machine away. Mix a few of the pistachio nuts or 'chips' in or whatever and eventually you will create a new habit for yourself and be satisfied with that.
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    I loooove bags of skinny pop. It's delicious and only 100 cals.