What does your low carb meals look like??

Replies

• TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    gmgjcge7voq6.jpeg
    Served this with devilled eggs and sliced tomatoes fresh from the garden. Simple but tasty!
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Yesterday's lunch. Tuna melt zucchini boats. It was surprisingly yummy.
    @TishaGettinFit, that is pure genius! I love tuna melts, but have not had one since going LCHF. I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!
  • TishaGettinFit
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    @TishaGettinFit, that is pure genius! I love tuna melts, but have not had one since going LCHF. I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow!

@MyriiStorm I don't know how I would survive without Zucchini. It has replaced so many carby things for me.
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Do you cook the zucchini first, or just hollow it out a bit and stuff full of tuna? That looks like something I will love! @TishaGettinFit
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Made for my son this morning: low carb English muffin sandwich!

oxp32nl2vkyx.jpeg
  • TishaGettinFit
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    Do you cook the zucchini first, or just hollow it out a bit and stuff full of tuna? That looks like something I will love! @TishaGettinFit

@Zenwenner I baked them for about 15 min at 375 then filled them. Then returned them to the oven for another 10 min or so to get everything warm and melty.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    My favorite go to dinner lately. Buffalo Omelette from IbreatheImHungry blog. Eggs fried in butter with a blue cheese, cream cheese, and Frank's Hot Sauce filling. Simple but so good.

saxdz655x5j3.jpeg
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member

Coconut chicken & green beans.

swgrujwzvcy4.jpg

How do you make the coconut chicken? Sounds delish!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    poxwz81w2xm3.jpeg
    n08jkajbmcp6.jpeg
    Keto bounty bars and cauliflower fried rice. I've died and gone to heaven! Lol
  • sas1uk
    sas1uk Posts: 37 Member
    jmarie1025 wrote: »
    Chicken and broccoli with homemade Alfredo. Delicious! One of my favorite meals.

Yum yum!!! Recipe please???? :)
    Sas
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2016
    Phrick wrote: »
    Pimped Pork Rind Oopsie Bread. Makes 6 pieces, I had 2 with a fried egg between them today.

kngzunym7ih2.jpeg

@Phrick Teach me how to pimp my oopsie bread please :-)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited August 2016
    @Tara4boys here's the recipe with the link to the original blog post I got it from:

Pimped Pork Rind “Oopsie” Bread
    Low Carb Lovelies | Serves 6

Gather
    • 3 large eggs at room temperature, separated
    • Pinch cream of tartar
    • 4 tbsp (80ml) mayonnaise
    • ½ cup (120ml) finely crushed pork rinds
    • 1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder OR 1 minced garlic clove
    • 1 tsp (5ml) sea salt
    • Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
    • ¾ tsp dried basil + extra for sprinkling
    • 3-4 tbsp (60-80ml) grated parmesan OR grated cheddar, for sprinkling on top.

Prepare
    1. Preheat oven 150°C/300°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment & lightly grease the parchment itself with oil spray.
    2. In a medium bowl, using electric beaters, whip egg whites with a pinch of cream of until stiff peaks form.
    3. In another medium bowl, add egg yolks, mayonnaise, crushed pork rinds, garlic, sea salt, pepper & dried basil. Using the same beaters, whip together until just combined.
    4. With a spatula, stir ¼ of the egg whites into the yolk mixture to lighten. Gently fold through remaining egg whites being careful not to deflate the whites too much.
    5. Using a spatula, spread mixture into a large rectangle onto prepared tray; then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan (or cheddar, or a mixture of both) and a little extra dried basil.
    6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow oopsie bread to cool completely on the tray before cutting into 6 squares.
    7. Keep stored, uncovered, on your kitchen bench for up to 2 days. (Do not refrigerate or cover them as they will turn sticky). While you can freeze and defrost these, they are so easy to whip up that I recommend baking them fresh to order!
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Still managed to eat keto at a buffet tonight :blush:
    Steak, chicken salad, hot wings, and Cobb salad with blue cheese dressing
    qkjvfjvbaovc.jpeg

OOOh, that looks good!
  • goldengirl111
    edited August 2016
    khb0oytsri1c.jpg
    spaghetti squash with shrimp and spaghetti sauce. Made it for the first time earlier this year. Loved it!!!!
  • goldengirl111
    go8avygorf0o.jpeg

I'll have to try that.

• goldengirl111
    sarahthes wrote: »
    r81ib5079sa8.jpg

Very very nice. I'm getting hungry.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited August 2016
    Here's my cream cheese pancakes from this morning - SO DELICIOUS! Recipe: http://ketokarma.com/cream-cheese-pancakes/i1698xfnhgag.jpeg

I have been craving pancakes--THANK you so much for this recipe, I'll have these for my dinner tomorrow TONIGHT, with some bacon, sausages and eggs and instead of syrup, I'll use a few blueberries or strawberries pureed in warm butter as a sauce/syrup <3
  • goldengirl111
    4lnpb2zweots.jpeg

Lunch!

looks great--what am I seeing here?: spinach, peanuts? chicken?

• goldengirl111
    grapes? or potatoes?
  • goldengirl111
    Karlottap wrote: »
    e9rwriwe7qhl.jpeg

Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole! Yum!

Sometimes we learn the carb amounts too late! Wish we could learn from things the easy way, instead of it always being the hard way!

I would love to have the recipe, please.