Stomach fat

Hello,
I'm 5'5 139lbs. My highest weight was 164, and earlier this year I was as low as 132. I work out several days a week (rock climbing 2-3 days a week for 3 or 4 hours a day, working out with my personal training for 1 hour a week, and doing weight based workouts on my own such as push ups and chin ups). Strength wise I have gotten stronger. My lifts are heavier, I'm able to climb harder rock walls. But I still am heavy in my stomach and legs.

I am getting so frustrated because I want to get back down to 132, and even more so I would like to be in the 120-125 range. Any suggestions? I am so frustrated with myself that I have gained weight back and I can't let this continue. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

mfp-qtauy6oianpt.jpg
en.vanillaforums.com/editor/b9/uejlc83i6ovo.jpg
05gum45wa7ek.jpg

Replies

• andreclavelli
    andreclavelli Posts: 1 Member
    Weight gain might be due to muscle gain and as you should know muscle has more mass than fat. You shouldn't worry you look great keep it up. Just keep up cardio work and no problems should be your way
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    To be a 100% honest, based on your pictures I think the previous post may be right. You have a considerable amount of muscle that could add the weight, but that muscle is not really a bad thing. It will help you burn calories in the long run. You are probably slowing down losing weight at the moment because you are so close to your target.

Are you struggling with any remaining persistent fats? If so, it may be worth starting with cardio and then focus on that particular area in strength training.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    If you think you have too much fat (or muscle) get into a slight calorie deficit. Weigh all food on a digital scale to ensure accurate logging. :+1:
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    Thank you guys!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    keep doing what you're doing, with a small deficit. personally i think you look great!
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I think you look absolutely fantastic!!! I know we are harder on ourselves, but really just keep doing what you are doing!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    we are all our own worst critics.

seriously you look amazing.

your back and shoulders are to DIE for
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    looks good. a calorie deficit should help, but overall you look good
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    I must be blind. What stomach fat? ^^
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Have you measured your body fat? It's probably more relevant to measure than your weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Are you serious? Be kinder to yourself. You are in great shape and look fantastic. Stop obsessing over a scale number. And stop obsessing over excess size that simply is not there. It's not healthy, physically or mentally, for you to be so focused on this.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Are you looking for praise and attention? Yes, you look fabulous!
  • Rawr619
    No, I'm not looking for praise and attention. I'm looking for advice. While everyone has a different amount of weight a day fat to lose, everyone is on their own journey. I have fat to lose and I asked for advice, no need to be so negative.
  • kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Rawr619 wrote: »
    No, I'm not looking for praise and attention. I'm looking for advice. While everyone has a different amount of weight a day fat to lose, everyone is on their own journey. I have fat to lose and I asked for advice, no need to be so negative.

Again, I'd strongly advise that you measure your body fat. That's the only way you can see if you are actually gaining weight due to building muscles or if it's fat. If the latter, then there would be something to adjust in your diet. ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member

We are being realistic, not negative. If you see people telling you that your healthy body weight and body fat level is negative, I don't know what to tell you.
  • crevtion
    crevtion Posts: 72 Member
    I get you don't worry! If you have strong abs there is a possibility that they are pushing the belly fat forward. It sounds weird but if you didnt have those muscles the fat wouldn't look so obviously there. It's hard to tell from a photo, but maybe consider doing more cardio and see if that makes a difference. And have a look at your diet and see if there's anything you can add that helps fat loss :)
  • Rawr619
    kitkatlp wrote: »

Again, I'd strongly advise that you measure your body fat. That's the only way you can see if you are actually gaining weight due to building muscles or if it's fat. If the latter, then there would be something to adjust in your diet. ;)

Would you advise measuring via calipers, bod pod test, or?
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Sprints, sprints, sprints. Fat melter along with a slight caloric deficit and lower sodium and drink a gallon and a half- two gallons water a day.. Some of what you think is fat might just be some water retention.