Stomach fat

2»

Replies

• kitkatlp
    kitkatlp Posts: 93 Member
    Rawr619 wrote: »
    kitkatlp wrote: »
    No, I'm not looking for praise and attention. I'm looking for advice. While everyone has a different amount of weight a day fat to lose, everyone is on their own journey. I have fat to lose and I asked for advice, no need to be so negative.

Again, I'd strongly advise that you measure your body fat. That's the only way you can see if you are actually gaining weight due to building muscles or if it's fat. If the latter, then there would be something to adjust in your diet. ;)

Would you advise measuring via calipers, bod pod test, or?

Definitely through a digital scale that can also measure other body composition metrics (including water %, etc.). That'd be more accurate. You can find some on Amazon at a reasonable price. ;)
  • Rawr619
    Rawr619 Posts: 82 Member
    sbubenchik wrote: »
    Sprints, sprints, sprints. Fat melter along with a slight caloric deficit and lower sodium and drink a gallon and a half- two gallons water a day.. Some of what you think is fat might just be some water retention.

Unfortunately I have a condition that causes me to pass out if I don't eat a larger than normal amount of sodium (neurocardiogenic syncope), so cutting out sodium is not an option for me. Thank you for the advice though!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    No, I'm not looking for praise and attention. I'm looking for advice. While everyone has a different amount of weight a day fat to lose, everyone is on their own journey. I have fat to lose and I asked for advice, no need to be so negative.

Again, I'd strongly advise that you measure your body fat. That's the only way you can see if you are actually gaining weight due to building muscles or if it's fat. If the latter, then there would be something to adjust in your diet. ;)

Dexi is probably the best if you can.

Like everyone said, you don't necessarily want/need to "lose weight" more than you're looking to drop BF%. I did the same thing. As a 5'7" male, I cut down to my goal weight of 163. When I got there I didn't like the results. I started eating more, and took my lifting more seriously and ended up at 172. At 172 I was overweight by BMI standards, but my BF% was lower than it was at 163 - 165.

It isn't always all about the scale number as it is about the tape.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member

Definitely through a digital scale that can also measure other body composition metrics (including water %, etc.). That'd be more accurate. You can find some on Amazon at a reasonable price. ;)

No. Absolutely not. BIA scales are so terribly inaccurate - they are IMO the worst way to measure body composition.

DEXA scan: if available, you can afford it, and the numbers are that important to you.
    BodPod: next step down, typically in both accuracy and price
    Calipers: measured by a competent person
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Oh, well then run sprints and drink more water. Keep up the great work
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    sbubenchik wrote: »
    Oh, well then run sprints and drink more water. Keep up the great work

Or just eat in a caloric deficit which works for 99.9% of the population.
  • bemyyfriend0918
    bemyyfriend0918 Posts: 241 Member
    I think if you did gain weight, it looks like muscle gain. You are so athletic looking! Would you really want to lose your tone and muscle if it meant the scale said you weighed a few pounds less?
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Honestly you look fantastic. Don't worry about the numbers on the scale. If you are serious about dropping BF, the DXA is the most accurate. Get one now and another one in 3-6 months. Sprints like someone else suggested along with a slight caloric deficit. But you don't have much to lose if any.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member

If you get a dexa test, you can find out fat percentage in each area independently as opposed to body as a whole. Granted you can't lose from a specific area but you'll confirm concerns about fat in certain areas.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2016

Okay, what is your current calorie deficit? And how long has it been since you lost weight?

You likely know that to lose fat you have to create a calorie deficit by either eating less or by increasing your calories burnt through exercise, or a combination of both.

Some information on what you are currently doing in this regard will help people give advice.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    You've got a pretty skewed image of your body. At the level of leanness you appear to be in the pictures, trimming off any additional fat I'd going to be tedious. As others have already said, you look amazing, wish you could see that