Ladies - Pregnancy signs

selina884
selina884 Posts: 826 Member
What were your pregnancy signs?

I appreciate everyone is different and thus im curious to see what the most common signs are. (yep theres google but I prefer personal experiences)

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I developed cleavage and I was nauseous every morning.
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Well first there was that missed period
    Still had cramping like it was going to show its face... Just never did
    Boobs started growing right away and hurt to even think about them.
    Just looking at food make me nauseous
    I was extra emotional and extra tired
    That was all the early stuff.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    No period is pretty standard. I did have friends in school who said they had periods while pregnant, but they confused light spotting with a period.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    My period was always random so I went by the nausea. every morning the drive into work was horrible so one morning I got a test. It was pretry positive pretty quick
  • gianna42
    gianna42 Posts: 5,991 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    I developed cleavage and I was nauseous every morning.

This - plus fatigue.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Tired, emotional, super crampy with a heavy /light period for the first month on both pregnancies. I could smell a whole lot better but didn't get nauseous for a couple months... Weight loss was exceptionally hard before I realized I was pregnant... Hungrier than normal, which is crazy. Unmonitored I can eat well over 2000 cals. in one setting... Back aches and pelvic discomfort. Hope that helps.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    major fatigue, heartburn, and sore boobies
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    For me right away it was my bigger or more filled out chest, also the Hulk type of bottomless pit hunger for the first month and very irritable!
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Morning sickness
    Certain smells making my nauseous
    Tender/sore nips
    Tightening/cramping in lower abs
    Sleeping lots
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Getting up in the middle of the night to pee
    crampy
    sore boobs
    exhausted
  • mariesilva726
    mariesilva726 Posts: 42 Member
    Sore boobs, angry, sleepy, ate a lot
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    I failed, big time. Mistook some spotting for my (light) periods - was 3-1/2 months pregnant by the time I wandered into my Dr office....LOL!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    I never had any very early signs. I almost always knew to test when I missed a period (or sooner). But symptoms didn't develop until a couple of weeks later.
  • Nicolaphillips16
    Nicolaphillips16 Posts: 1 Member
    First baby - very sore boobs
    Second - sciatica
  • Gently54321
    Gently54321 Posts: 513 Member
    selina884 wrote: »
    What were your pregnancy signs?

I appreciate everyone is different and thus im curious to see what the most common signs are. (yep theres google but I prefer personal experiences)

I felt waves of nausea very early on, even before I showed positive on a pregnancy test. I would get a wave of nausea and then it would go. The nausea increased. Also, boobs so sore that shirts hurt them.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    It has been quite a while, but the 3 signs I can recall that happened before I was aware of both my pregnancies:

1) I lost a few pounds without even trying
    2) Brushing my teeth made me nauseous
    3) OMG... the boobs!!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I had a feeling I was pregnant with #2 when I had round ligament pain about a week before my period was due. Plus nausea and extreme fatigue
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited August 2016
    zyxst wrote: »
    No period is pretty standard. I did have friends in school who said they had periods while pregnant, but they confused light spotting with a period.

This happened to me. I confused spotting with my period and had some drinks one night. When I was hung over the next day for a rather small amount of alcohol I thought it was weird. The second day I was "hung over" - just nauseous - I began to suspect I'd made an error.
    The positive pregnancy test was my next big clue.

My sister had a "period" her whole pregnancy. But her period was always very short and light.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Thank you ladies.

I was very curious and it seems everyone is different!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    None. My periods were always irregular, so a missed one wasn't a red flag for me. I just happened to have my annual gyn appt and found out I was 6 weeks along. I think the only symptom I had throughout my first trimester was a few nosebleeds.