Lost sex drive?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Picking my husband up from the airport tonight. Will be wearing a corset underneath my dress. Will be losing the dress as soon as we get home. ...Possibly before.

Lucky husband! That's a recipe for a successful nite right there! Good planning, Mrs. Kessler!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    rps67 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    By saying: "Dressed Up" do you mean, buck bare azz nekid,

.... except completely wrapped in clear saran wrap while wearing a Carmen Miranda hat fruit bowl hat and swim fins?

Well, now I know what I've been doing wrong. No swim fins.

yes, quite...

the Devil is in the details
  • Motorsheen

I think my wife might also have lost her sex drive; she only wants to get intimate on April 20th.

April 20th, I come to find out, is Hitler's Birthday.

Suddenly it all made sense.
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    All this lingerie talk man <3
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    Hate to be blunt, but yes. You are to blame...

Nope - not completely. Speaking from a female point of view, about my previous lackluster marriage - when there is no *spark*, it's hard to muster desire. My ex would be critical or non-communicative all evening, then once in bed, a nudge on the foot and the question "ya wanna do it?", was hardly what it took to make passion seem like a good idea. I'm not seeing where the OP's husband is making much effort to be a "lover"; but then, neither is she.

Another thought that crossed my mind: gaming and TV, both of which promote stereotypes that are harmful to "real life". (Keep in mind that I'm old) - my ex was hoping I'd be June Cleaver, dressed in her pearl necklace cooking a delicious meal. But nowadays, it seems like everyone on TV is having passionate sex - tearing their clothes off, etc. That's about as far from reality for most of us, as me cooking a pot roast in high heels...LOL!! It's OK to go through periods of "meh"; or moments of passion that feel like routine. Or no passion at all, for that matter. The trick is to be able to say to your spouse "We need to spice this back up", or "I need some help to feel romantic after the kids go to bed".
  • Motorsheen
    grannynot wrote: »

Nope - not completely. Speaking from a female point of view, about my previous lackluster marriage - when there is no *spark*, it's hard to muster desire. My ex would be critical or non-communicative all evening, then once in bed, a nudge on the foot and the question "ya wanna do it?", was hardly what it took to make passion seem like a good idea. I'm not seeing where the OP's husband is making much effort to be a "lover"; but then, neither is she.

Another thought that crossed my mind: gaming and TV, both of which promote stereotypes that are harmful to "real life". (Keep in mind that I'm old) - my ex was hoping I'd be June Cleaver, dressed in her pearl necklace cooking a delicious meal. But nowadays, it seems like everyone on TV is having passionate sex - tearing their clothes off, etc. That's about as far from reality for most of us, as me cooking a pot roast in high heels...LOL!! It's OK to go through periods of "meh"; or moments of passion that feel like routine. Or no passion at all, for that matter. The trick is to be able to say to your spouse "We need to spice this back up", or "I need some help to feel romantic after the kids go to bed".

Maybe after years and years of getting the Heisman, he decided that it just wasn't worth the effort?

Granted, every relationship is unique unto it's self but there's got to be a tipping point of rejection.

.... dunno
  • Hunter_Killer
    Hunter_Killer Posts: 177 Member
    I found that when i started working out my sex drive went through the roof. I walk around with a semi most days now.
  • Motorsheen
    I found that when i started working out my sex drive went through the roof. I walk around with a semi most days now.

I train at night and pole vault out of bed the next morning.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

I train at night and pole vault out of bed the next morning.

Pics or it didn't happen!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Picking my husband up from the airport tonight. Will be wearing a corset underneath my dress. Will be losing the dress as soon as we get home. ...Possibly before.

I like you
  • benmullins4
    benmullins4 Posts: 678 Member

They both need to take ownership for sure. But she states that she isn't and wasn't physically attracted to him. Now I don't speak for everyone, but I'd imagine getting freaky together requires some sort of physical attraction...

So I stand by what I said...
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member

They both need to take ownership for sure. But she states that she isn't and wasn't physically attracted to him. Now I don't speak for everyone, but I'd imagine getting freaky together requires some sort of physical attraction...

So I stand by what I said...

And they have kids together. How can you have kids with someone you were never attracted to or never wanted to have sex with in the first place? Presumably the deed had to be done. I'm confused...

ETA: OP I just saw your update. So glad things are getting better and I agree sex creates more sex!
  • Motorsheen
    Okay, so I didn't realize this thread was still going on. I wonder where all the friend invites kept coming from!
    So, it's been awhile since I first asked this question. A few things have changed. I am eating better, I am attempting to work out and succeed about half of the week. Not bad for keeping up with two kids as well. And what I've noticed, is that not eating as much helps the most. I don't feel bloated, which means I don't feel extra fat, and I feel better about myself. Also, a big difference is communication. He and I have begun talking more, instead of just going about the day as Mom and Dad. He has commented that I look better, which encourages me to keep doing what I'm doing. And he also made a simple adjustment to his beard, which had a better effect than I thought it would.
    Also, I know if you have you suggested that maybe it was stress that was an issue. We have recently begun getting a handle on financial stress in our life, and are taking big steps to getting rid of all of it. Since doing that, he and I are closer than we've been in the last year. Also helps that the children are getting a little older and able to play by themselves. Well, at least for a couple hours a night.
    So things are going better. I showed him this thread, we had a few laughs and some things that we've read, and others make sense.
    Communication is key. If there's no
    communication, there's no hope. You can't fix it
    if you don't know why it's broken.
    And yes, sex creates more sex. In my particular case, sex novels helped a LOT with this.
    We even have a weekend getaway scheduled, without the kids!

that's great news and I'm happy for you and your husba...

wait.

..... does this mean that you won't be accepting my friend request?

drat
  • cassiecalhoun
    cassiecalhoun Posts: 12 Member
    Lol! I accept all friend requests. :smile:
  • meendriss
    meendriss Posts: 25 Member
    meendriss wrote: »
    Yyyyyup! Sex drive went bye bye, and it's sad, 'cause it used to be sky-high! But! I'm confident it'll come back. I'm all jiggly and self-conscious now and just can't get over how I look to myself long enough to enjoy sex. Oh, well...

Cute little outfits can cover/camoflauge any jiggly parts....you can choose something that covers everything, but still comes across as sensual; In doing, you may feel more sexy, your hubs will definitely feel sexy stuff looking/touching you...and your sex drive could naturally come back quickly! Someone said it earlier, and they were right on the money: The less you do it, the less you want it. The more you do it, the more you want it. Give yourself a little push...it's worth it xo

Have to agree with this! And about your other comment, it's me who cares about the jiggles, not the other person. I gotta stop being so self conscious.

Thanks for the insight! ^^
  • meendriss
    meendriss Posts: 25 Member

Ahhhh yesss! Did this a couple of months back with a trench coat and not much underneath it. BF was tired and didn't notice for awhile... Needless to say, when he did notice, his jaw dropped and the fatigue went away. Super fun night ^^
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Been married for 13 years. We have sex maybe twice a year. I'm just not into it anymore... I know my husband isn't happy but it's just really uncomfortable for me to force myself to do it. Losing weight didn't change anything (except make it harder for him probably).

Honestly though, it doesn't help that I'm a SAHM and with kids over me all day the last thing I want is being touched. And to be fair, I'm not really attracted by my husband anymore either.. so it doesn't really help... but I was never really into sex in the first place, truth be told.

But if he has sex outside of your marriage, he's the bad guy, right???

not all men are going to be unfaithful though. my man isnt and he doesnt get it as often as he wants.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    i wish i was married, or had someone to have a sex drive with right now, mine is so high...idk what to do....the other issue is no one wants me :(