LCD Chat...

Replies

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator Not sure how hold your son is, but if he's young enough make HIM your workout. Lift and toss, stretch with him instead of weights, run around park.... (I give advice like I'm running half marathons....sigh....)

Hey! That sounds like my every day with him!! Lol
    Actually I'm completely serious on his size. He turned 4 the beginning of June. He's 50 lbs and over half my height now. I'm 5'9!!! He's HUGE!
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's schedule Sunday!!
    My me time these last few days has been searching the web for free planner pages. I'm setting up a journal/planner where I can plan things ahead and keep track of things for me to look back on. I'm super excited to put it all together!!

I also tried that intermittent fasting yesterday! Okay that's not true. I was so busy with work and everything I skipped breakfast, ate lunch and skipped dinner. I popped some fat bombs at 10:30 last night when I realized I still wasn't hungry. Oops? I did drink a ton yesterday though.

Motivation for the day since I just pulled this out to make for breakfast later....
    dcncmd7oz1pu.jpeg
    Have a great day all!!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    When I opened this topic this morning it landed on page 7. Thanks to everyone for the nice half hour or so of catch up reading.

TV was banished from my home about 20 years ago. Didn't miss it then and don't miss it now. I sometimes YouTube watch things like Property Brothers which I lovingly refer to as Eye Candy. For a while I was binge watching the Extreme Weight Loss shows with Chris and Heidi Powell. This J P Sears video explains why I don't watch the Olympics, either.

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    @anewlifeat40 Hmmm....I can't think of a thing. I had no idea I was so easily molded to new things, actually. I thought about sweet stuff, salty stuff, greasy stuff, ethnic stuff....I honestly don't think there's one thing that I miss.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    @ProCoffeenator Not sure how hold your son is, but if he's young enough make HIM your workout. Lift and toss, stretch with him instead of weights, run around park.... (I give advice like I'm running half marathons....sigh....)

Hey! That sounds like my every day with him!! Lol
    Actually I'm completely serious on his size. He turned 4 the beginning of June. He's 50 lbs and over half my height now. I'm 5'9!!! He's HUGE!

See...you are getting workouts! :smiley:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited August 2016
    I have a question... What food/meal so you really miss now that doesn't have a low carb substitution? Mine is these vegetarian quesadillas I used to make with mashed yam, spicy refried beans, and cheese in gluten free tortillas, topped with sour cream, avocado and hot sauce...

I miss rice. My daughter makes it all the time and the smell of it cooking....Mmmmmm.

Sorry, but there's no substitution....
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    I have a question... What food/meal so you really miss now that doesn't have a low carb substitution? Mine is these vegetarian quesadillas I used to make with mashed yam, spicy refried beans, and cheese in gluten free tortillas, topped with sour cream, avocado and hot sauce...

I really miss having a huge glass of iced Orange Crush while scarfing down an equally huge bag of Frito Corn Chips. I also miss Tillamook Ice Cream, especially the Marionberry Pie flavor; not only is there no low carb substitute but it doesn't seem to be available anywhere east of the Mississippi. Tillamook Ice Cream just may have been the culprit behind 80% of my weight gain while I lived in Montana.

• kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Bread... there may be LC work-arounds, but I know i will abuse those, too!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    kmn118 wrote: »
    Bread... there may be LC work-arounds, but I know i will abuse those, too!

me too, oh, me too
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Phrick wrote: »
    are there any other tv non-watchers? I mean all the shows I listed above I used to watch.. but anymore if the TV is not already on, I won't ever voluntarily turn it on. If it is already on I might half-watch a show that's on but I never get sucked in. I am just no longer a big fan, to my husband's dismay.

I don't watch to much at all, if I do decide to watch anything it's usually a dvd.

Trying to catch up on all the comments on here - been away for nearly 2 weeks and missed so much, had a real struggle over the last 2 weeks, what I was hoping would be a stress free few weeks turned out to be a stressful and tiring few weeks instead, have eaten lots of crap and just feel bloated and yucky - desperately trying to get back on track after everything, my stomach is really painful and bloated - even with the meds the doctor gave me. I might have to do have some more tests if these tablets don't work which worries me a little so really hoping the ZC starts to sort it all out soon. Hope you have all been well and staying strong
  • ProCoffeenator
    Make it count Monday!!

Today is a new day! Yeah it's Monday and we all groan when it's been a fun weekend and (for those of us who work) have to get up and start the work week.

I took the day off from work today. Honestly I'd rather be going to work. I am going to chew my pride back and swallow it. I'm planning to spend my morning in two places. My county assistance program: I need help. I hate asking for it. It's been three years since I left/divorced my ex. I'm still struggling to get back on my feet.
    Also school is starting up next week here and my boy is heading into his last year of preschool. Again. If I am going to keep him in our current area I'm hoping to have his name changed. There is a Stigma attached to his last name here and I don't want him to suffer because of it. I know this might seem crazy to some or it brings up the father rights idea but he is an abusive, con artist. He lost visitations due to his lack of appearances during the court proceedings and not to mention the fact that he is constantly in trouble with child protection services with his other children. He's made no attempts (thankfully) to have any communication or contact with the boy for three years now.
    Needless to say it's a high stress day for me. I'm keeping myself optimistic and strong. I'm going to make today count!!

(Sorry about the vent/rant! Guess I needed this all off my chest!)
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    @kathrout1973 -Welcome back! I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

@ProCoffeenator -Wishing you lots of success today in your endeavors.
    Make it count Monday!!

Today is a new day! Yeah it's Monday and we all groan when it's been a fun weekend and (for those of us who work) have to get up and start the work week.

Yes, ^this is what I must do today...somehow....lol. :D
  • RowdysLady
    You'll get through this and it's ok to ask for help when you need it. I've been there - I'll never forget the first time I had to go to a food bank to ensure my 3 year old daughter ate. It's humbling for sure, but it's also empowering to know we do what we have to do to care for our children. I found my way out and now I give back whenever I can to help others. You will too. You are clearly strong and determined!
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's Turn it up Tuesday!

Things went well yesterday! I've got to put in to leave early for work for my appointment with the program counselor but hopefully it won't be an issue.

My goal today is to increase water, walking and exercise!
    I swear I used an entire bottle of MIO yesterday with all the water I drank! I'd like to keep that level up there.
    Walking might be tough. Want to hit my 10k earlier in the day and get over and above.
    Exercise was lacking yesterday so I've got to hit my session I planned out today. If I can I'd also like to top it off with something extra but I will wait till I'm done with my circuit first.

What can you aim to turn up today?
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    It's Turn it up Tuesday!

Things went well yesterday! I've got to put in to leave early for work for my appointment with the program counselor but hopefully it won't be an issue.

What can you aim to turn up today?

I'm so glad to hear it went well! Here's hoping your boss is accommodating.

I have to turn up the brave today - I have a dentist appointment at 9. I hate the dentist worse than almost anything else on the planet. MASSIVE anxiety (I take valium and have someone else drive, in order to cope with a cleaning). Ugh.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Glad things went well @ProCoffeenator!

Good luck @Phrick ...I hate seeing the dentist so much.

I've been super stressed the past few days so I'm not feeling very ambitious this Tuesday.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Tuesdays are my marathon days... as in I cram ALL my bookkeeping, deposits, work related stuff into a single day, plus we do our one big weekly grocery shop after work... I usually have a couple meet ups with friends and run any errands... Today I'm on a mission to find a zoodler and I'm going to buy another pregnancy test. My tubes are tied, but I had a super weird cycle (basically exactly what happens when implantation happens) and I've been so exhausted I can barely stay awake past 8 PM. My appetite/cravings have been super weird too. It's a 99% chance it's negative, but for my peace of mind I need to check. I don't want to be one of those women going into labour saying "But I didn't even know I was pregnant!" HA!! If I am, it's going to turn our world upside down... We are DONE having babies... our son is a teenager... That said... I've picked out a girl name already... LOL!! My aunt thinks it's perimenopause... I'm hoping that's what it is... UDPATE: STILL NEGATIVE!! PHEW
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Tuesdays are my marathon days... as in I cram ALL my bookkeeping, deposits, work related stuff into a single day, plus we do our one big weekly grocery shop after work... I usually have a couple meet ups with friends and run any errands... Today I'm on a mission to find a zoodler and I'm going to buy another pregnancy test. My tubes are tied, but I had a super weird cycle (basically exactly what happens when implantation happens) and I've been so exhausted I can barely stay awake past 8 PM. My appetite/cravings have been super weird too. It's a 99% chance it's negative, but for my peace of mind I need to check. I don't want to be one of those women going into labour saying "But I didn't even know I was pregnant!" HA!! If I am, it's going to turn our world upside down... We are DONE having babies... our son is a teenager... That said... I've picked out a girl name already... LOL!! My aunt thinks it's perimenopause... I'm hoping that's what it is... UDPATE: STILL NEGATIVE!! PHEW

When I first started keto and twice since I've had really weird cycles. I'm sure the first time it was the diet because it within 2 weeks of starting it. The other times I'm not sure whether they are diet related or due to normal getting close to 40 hormonal swings. So anyhow if you are new or if you maybe recently lowered carbs further that can cause your period to go wonky!

• anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    anglyn1 wrote: »

When I first started keto and twice since I've had really weird cycles. I'm sure the first time it was the diet because it within 2 weeks of starting it. The other times I'm not sure whether they are diet related or due to normal getting close to 40 hormonal swings. So anyhow if you are new or if you maybe recently lowered carbs further that can cause your period to go wonky!

I have PCOS so wonky periods are my "normal", but this last month was REALLY unusual, even for me. LOL I have a feeling my auntie is right... Hers started around my age too, and I know my mom started menopause in her early 40's too... I feel too young to be going through the change ALREADY!! My skin is really changing too. I've always had excessively oily skin, but now my feet and face are painfully dry... I've actually had to start buying beauty products... Not cool! LOL
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I've been going through it for over two years now and I'm only 44. I actually had my first missed period a couple of months ago and I was totally having vivid dreams that I was pregnant, freaking out over having to buy baby stuff all over again when my oldest just graduated high school, etc...it was quite a rollercoaster! Of course, then I had it for two weeks straight, and that sucked...