No Fair

ominousdusk
ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
my husband and I both had 50lbs to lose. We both started keto about 30 days ago, i started a few days before him. he's already lost 31lbs!!! in 30days! wth he's not even trying either.
Im over here weighing my food on scales, planning my week with recipes and food prep, making sure im getting enough sodium and potassium and fiber in my diet, and hes just eating like whatever, and not bothering with sodium or anything at all and says he feels great.
-_- I'm super happy for him but now he looks way better than I do and i feel like i need to catch up but its not gonna happen for a looong time. lol
At least its extra motivation for me i guess. I'm really happy with the 17lbs i lost like thats incredible too but holy crap i didnt think 30lbs in a month was even possible.

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Men! Sheesh.... :smile:
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    My hubby cut out soda and eats the low carb dinners we prepare together and has lost about 15lbs in the past 2 months. He hasn't changed anything else. I get the envy, I really do.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited August 2016
    That's men for you! Lol
    I just listened to a great podcast by Jonathan Bailor (I'll get the link for you) where they briefly discussed some cultural/behavioral differences between men and women and basically those used that it's women's lifelong attempts at dieting that often start at 12 years old or younger, that mess up our metabolism and make weight loss a slower process for us. Since men don't seem to develop the concern about weight as young or as severely as women do, they don't usually spend their preteen and teen years yo-yo dieting like we do.

I couldn't seem to get a link to it that wasn't specifically an ITunes link. Their website doesn't seem to be searchable...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/sane-show-eat-more.-lose-more./id541602331?mt=2&i=374265056

Ok. So another edit to say that I found another link.
    http://pages.sanesolution.com/break-free-from-oppressive-calorie-myths-with-lily-myers/

And reading the transcript again makes me realize they didn't say what I told you said. Lol
    I must've heard those theories on another podcast and I don't recall which. But, this one still kinda fits what I'm saying and is a really profound episode still on the subject matter.
  • ominousdusk
    That makes sense. there are weight pressures for boys too though in sports especially. I remember hearing about all the crazy things that guys did so they could make weight for wrestling or something like exercising while wrapped in garbage bags.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    That makes sense. there are weight pressures for boys too though in sports especially. I remember hearing about all the crazy things that guys did so they could make weight for wrestling or something like exercising while wrapped in garbage bags.

This is true. My son is 14, very thin and plays baseball. I have him downing protein shakes loaded with coconut oil to increase his calories during training as much as I possibly can because he really wants to get bigger. I can say that he did develop some visible muscle this season. I'm sure his age played a big part too, being that he grew several inches this year as well.
  • janettles
    janettles Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm going to have to present another perspective. My husband and I have been dieting together since mid-November, 2015. I have lost 50+ lbs (while working out 6 days a week, watching electrolytes, etc), he has lost 10 lbs while taking a much more relaxed approach to the same diet. I cannot explain, but clearly gender is not the only factor. We are similar in height and weight.
  • ominousdusk
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    My hubby cut out soda and eats the low carb dinners we prepare together and has lost about 15lbs in the past 2 months. He hasn't changed anything else. I get the envy, I really do.

That drives me nuts too!! I haven't had soda in like 6 years and theres people like "i just cut back on soda and lost 20lbs" im like :'( all i drink is water and coffee and it hasnt helped :'(
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Welcome to my life! my hubby eats whatever he wants and still loses weight and he's already thin! I'm trying to make him gain weight...his trick to losing weight is easy...he refuses to cook for himself lol he'll only eat once a day when I make dinner our on the weekends lol laziness is his weight loss trick lol! But he also works pretty physical jobs so he'd lose weight anyways meanwhile I sit all day for work tethered to a phone :(
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    xmko2x91wbja.jpg

We don't have the slow fat use gene anymore. :D

>:) or o:)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    My husband never diets. He had some dental work done this week which prohibited him from eating his daily chocolate bar and now has lost 2 lbs, while still downing ice cream. I agree, not fair!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    I bust my *kitten* to lose weight and nobody says anything. My boyfriend eats junk food, lots of carbs, and eats my keto dinners and he loses 15 lbs and our social circle always say 'OMG, you lost so much weight' to him.

Meanwhile I'm like...
    67w0svv0zauh.jpeg
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    I bust my *kitten* to lose weight and nobody says anything. My boyfriend eats junk food, lots of carbs, and eats my keto dinners and he loses 15 lbs and our social circle always say 'OMG, you lost so much weight' to him.

Meanwhile I'm like...
    67w0svv0zauh.jpeg

hahahahahahahaha! you like ahmazing btw, in the progress pic you posted so you must be doing something right! I hate how it takes people forever you notice you lost weight but they are quick to notice when we pack it on :neutral:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    As soon as my husband says the word, "diet," he loses 5 pounds. Don't compete with the other sex.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Georg wrote: »
    As soon as my husband says the word, "diet," he loses 5 pounds. Don't compete with the other sex.

Yeah, well, we could all do headstands to keep gravity at bay, but at least it doesn't pull your hair onto your chest......