Banana's, Good or Bad?

chapiano
chapiano Posts: 331 Member
An average Banana contains around 150 cal and about 30g of sugar (which is the same that's in an average sized mars bar) It doubles the sugar and cal that you find in most other fruits portions.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Half a banana is good. Bananas are rich in potassium.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    bananas give me the worst heartburn ever, so I'm going bad on this one.
  • My vote is delicious. Unfortunately for me, I don't control my intake of bananas too well, so I tend to buy other fruits and leave the bananas at the store. I see one, and I want one. Doesn't matter if I have just finished a meal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Bananas are good if you have the room for it in your food plan.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    No food is good or bad, overall diet can be good or bad but not one food.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Bananas are awesome pre-workout. Not to mention potassium, which you won't find in that Mars bar.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Ha, no I was not suggesting replacing a banana for a mars bar! More that there maybe better fruit options than a banana.

The info I stated on a banana was gathered here;
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=268734435

Finally (in my opinion) sugar is a major cause for obesity and the more you can cut out the better
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    I never really liked them. But they're ok with a lot of ice cream and toppings to cover up the taste of the banana making it a banana split dessert.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    I try and eat 1-2 bananas on most days or else I end up cramping at a crucial point of a jui jitsu submission! My friend is the same, they are the best thing for preventing cramps in our calves. For me they are good!!!